Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• I have a question for a team composition.

In the PvP's, we have the choice between 2 characters (the third one is the one of the event).

I have X-Force 230, 5/5/3, which is my masterpice icon_e_wink.gif. But i have the choice, to put with him.

Either Lazy Thor 166 5/3/3

- He has decent HP, His red is not so bad (2000 damages for 8 reds tiles), and his yellow is a gift and can give X-force 1 or 2 green attacks.

Or daken 166, 5/3/3

- He has better match tiles (blue/purple/black), he can regen, his green gives some attack tiles, and his blue is not so bad.

Wich one is the best in defense and attack for my team ?

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Darek wrote:
    If you have featured event hero with decent red - use Daken, otherwise Thor. You should not allow for lack of active read in team.
  • Haven't seen this combo yet on this thread.

2* Magneto + Mystique

Once you get either Magneto's Purple or Mystique's Blue you can create a continuous chain feeding the other's power. Rarely you run into an unlucky board and the combo stops, or is hard to get started. Once going though it's near unstoppable because your turn never ends. Throw in a green and yellow power user as the third, though if you can get the combo going doesn't really matter who the third is.

The game AI doesn't understand this combo, so use shields in PvP as it's not a hard combo to beat when the AI is running things.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks drstrangest and firestrand.
  • icon_daredevil.png and icon_wolverine.png

Patch and Daredevil are bestest buds now. 9 green and 10 purple does a STUPID amount of damage for minimal risk. Add in Hulk and watch the Anger kill everybody everywhere.

Daredevil and X-Force happen to be color inverse as well. You'd think they would work well together, but I doubt we will see much of it.
  • Twoslot
    Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm pleased with the way deadpool xforce spiderman complement one another. Red goes to off the top, xforce covers green and black, situational stuns with blue, building pink for whales gives lots of Def, and yellow can be xforce for offense, late game Def, or mid game big heal from Spidey with a bad board.
  • I must say I'm impressed. Really not often I come across such sites as www.d3pforums.com
  • Re: Storm + 2* Wolverine:
    After further play, I take my criticism back, on the condition that Storm is hidden behind Daken as well. Wolverine + Daken + Storm works well, using Wolverine for Green.

Re: MNMags + Mystique: Have been raving about this pairing since Mystique was introduced, but forgot about this thread. This team is garbage on defense anyways with 2 squishies, so add Storm (1* or 3***) to extend the offensive chain even further with yellow and green cascade generation. Another possibility is to add Wolverine to suck up the big hits, add strike tiles for your constant cascades, and tank Yellow/Green (any level Wolverine works!) 3*: Mystique's infiltration incidentally helps clean up tiles from Berserker Rage too. 4*: Surgical Strike can be a better use of Black, depending on the board situation.

New characters:
    Gamora: Honestly, I think she's better with 2* characters who don't tank her colours greentile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png She's ok with Daken but far from his best partner.

R&G: Sentry? Seems slightly better with teams that self-damage so that you can use the Yellow more often.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Edited. Thanks to all recent contribitors.
  • Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a good team comp comprised of

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png

Thanks
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Actually in my opinion, xforce does not work well with Thoress compare to c. mags... The polarize + surgical combo synergy is much better than thoress' blue + surgical. Xforce and c mag also cause a lot of cascade and you dont need to worry when firing x force's green since magneto play style does not involve placing special tiles on board unlike thoress
  • Hey guys, I was wondering what is a good defense team that can win a lot of PvP in the SHIELD Simulator?

I have a lot of characters:

All my 2* are maxed (except for Ms. Marvel 5-5-1, and I don't have Bagman or Moonstone)
    I have lvl 111 4* Wolverine (1-2-2), lvl 102 3* Cap (2-3-3), and lvl 102 Psylocke (3-3-2) higher than the 2*
    and my best after that are lvl 91 Black Panther (1-4-2), Patch (3-1-3), and lvl 81 Hulk (4-1-1)

I get defeated a lot more, mostly because I run up against lvl 100+ teams but I still lose a lot to some lvl 94s. Any suggestions? I was recommended Ares, X-Force, Daken.

Thanks in advance!
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy smokes! You gotta try Patch+ star.pngstar.pngstar.png Spider Man along with a decked-out Elektra! I've used this during the lightning rounds to monstrous effect! You could also replace Spidey w/ either Loki or Falcon for fun effect.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You guys are sleeping on one of the best pairings. XFW and Doom. You get redundancy in black, rapid black generation, and when paired with GSBW or Hood, quick generation or an instant heal (if required).

Doom is the Anti-Daken. He covers the reds so Daken can't. He melts the blues so Daken takes passive dmg. He provides XFW food for Surgical, which XFW uses to wipe all the black from the board and immediately recoups that AP. What if Surgical strike won't do big damage afterwards? Who cares. Drop a Summon Demons.

Mix in Daredevil, and you have a stun as a second blue use, and a way to further melt down enemy tiles with DD's purple.

Personally, I go Thor so I can generate yellows to keep XFW alive and generate greens to spam XFW's green.

TRY IT. YOU WILL LIKE IT.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade Daken Torch has been my goto tema to kill anything sub 70.
    Patch + MQ is also a pretty fun combo: Patch casts rage, MQ clears purple tiles.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Updated.

Thanks biggs, ronin and NP.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Updated.

Thanks biggs, ronin and NP.

Dude. Especially since Doom's third ability provides further coverage with XFW. He's a must-have.
  • Blade Daken Torch has been my goto tema to kill anything sub 70.
    Patch + MQ is also a pretty fun combo: Patch casts rage, MQ clears purple tiles.

I've been using Blade Daken Wolverine lately (both 2* and 3* wolv/daken). Daken covers Black Purple, and Wolverine covers Green for blade. True healing on anyone who takes damage. Active abilities on all but yellow, making Nightstalker almost always effective, and leaving the yellow for Wolverine's healing. Plenty of strike tiles makes Blade's Pink injuring. It has replaced Daken/Wolverine/Storm as my main sustainability team.
  • Doctor Doom + Patch: full rainbow (active abilities from 5 colors), Berserker Rage won't override Doom's traps.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Done and done. Ta.