Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

14567810»

Comments

• Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I have a few covered 3* characters, two of them being icon_colossus_new.png and icon_deadpool.png . I like to team them together because throwing DP up airborne with a 50% chance of whales is nice. What I haven't found yet is a really good 3rd member to team with them.

3* characters I have pretty well covered and leveled are:
    icon_beast.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_vision.png

Which of those would work best with these 2?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Partyof5 wrote:
    I have a few covered 3* characters, two of them being icon_colossus_new.png and icon_deadpool.png . I like to team them together because throwing DP up airborne with a 50% chance of whales is nice. What I haven't found yet is a really good 3rd member to team with them.

3* characters I have pretty well covered and leveled are:
    icon_beast.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_vision.png

Which of those would work best with these 2?
    I see 2 options, beast fills the rainbow with blue/green or you could feed black with doom's blue, but its somewhat expensive, leaving green uncovered.
  • Hi I'm asking for advice because I don't know how to create a thread of my own. I'm trying to transition to 3* realm, I have level 110+ Ares, 2* Thor and Storm, level 94 Daken and OBW. I have a level 114 3* human torch. My question is which 3 stars do I focus of these, i have Daken classic with one of each 3 covers, patch green and yellow, LThor green and red, SuperSoldier all 3 colors. Cage, Cyc, blade, and iron fist all one cover each. I have like 60 command points, I want to use them to get 3 covers for daken or maybe patch or thor. What should I do? I play mainly PVE, and only make it to 300 for gold token in PVP.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save your command points. 3* covers come relatively quickly. One each day from ddq plus at least one from each pve event. Champion your 2*s for their cover rewards as well.

300 per pvp event is a good goal. 400 will get you some hero points, which will help you expand your roster. 4000 for the season will get you a heroic 10-pack. With a little luck you'll pull a few good covers from there as well.
  • It's a good list, especially for the Balance of Power event, but it hasn't been updated in a year, especially with new characters.

Is there a better list, or should I just start updating the list?

I've been playing for a year. I have almost all 3*, and I'm starting to pull 4 and 5* occasionally.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to take on the Herculean task of updating the list by all means go ahead. Many would applaud you.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I would add Gamora and Switch + IF. Switch fuels IF's purple, which in turn fuels Gamora's black. Strike tiles from Gamora boost IF's attack tile, most importantly, and all other abilities. This is a very attacking minded team.
  • This probably needs to get broken down into PVE and PVP imo. Some of these are great PVE but not synergetic enough in PVP to wind up surviving very long.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    So, I found a pretty good team of mostly despised characters that I wanted to share with you all.

icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_beast.png

Now I know 3* Cyclops is a better character for the same set of colors as Colossus, and there are better alternatives for the Beast color spectrum as well but hear me out.

You need six blue AP to get Beast going with Mutagenic Breakthrough. From there your primary focus is on getting as much Green as possible, to fire off Beast's Animal Inside. I get approximately 2K in AOE damage every time it hits. Not necessarily a huge number but when you've got KK's Purple funneling into Green and the relative cheap AP cost for both powers, it's not unheard of to get three or four hits of this power in a match. Colossus helps out with Immovable Object, tanking for everyone and getting rid of half the damage.

A quick summary of the powers that I called out above . . .

icon_beast.pngblueflag.png 6AP
    icon_beast.pnggreenflag.png 9AP
    icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png 8AP
    icon_colossus_new.pngyellowflag.png 8AP

There are four relatively cheap powers that are continually firing off, each one triggering Kamala Khan's passive heal.

The afterthoughts of this team are Red and Black, both of which Colossus can fire off when you get enough AP. You can do major damage with Colossus' Colossal Punch and if you get enough black you can throw Beast into the air. Also, if you need a heal, hold onto Yellow for a bit longer and use the heal that Beast provides (again, double dipping with KK's passive)

I have Beast and Colosus championed, but not KK (yet). At this point, As long as I have a gadget from Beast's Blue on the board, his Green does more damage than KK's, not to mention the board shake up that you get.

The only real downside that I've found with this team is when you can't get two blue matches early on.

The upside is that it's fast and with KK's healing and Colossus's active tanking you don't take a lot of damage allowing you to tear through multiple levels without taking a heal. As a side note, I've used this team in PvE to great effect, it's a horrible defensive team as the AI will miss pretty much any and all of the strategy.

One other great reason for this team, you've got a valid way to use Beast and Colossus to great advantage.

Enjoy!
  • I've been mopping up with KK/IM40/Vision. With IM40 at 3/5/5, one Recharge and a few matches and you've got 3 serious AOE attacks, health bursts, and Vision can mop up with his Heavy attack matches. Of course this team isn't as great on defense, but it's very nice for clearing PvE quickly
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I've been having a lot of fun with 3* Luke Cage and Falcon in Deadpool vs. MPQ. Matching Yellow loads up Luke's Righteous Uppercut and fires Falcon's passive making Luke's protect tile pretty tough. And throw in Kamilla Khan for her health boosts (if you even need them with that protect tile) and her AOE and its a tough combo. Or I've added 3* Bullseye for his Purple if you are facing a tile dropper and they are lethal.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I am still working on my 4* transition so the team i mostly use at the moment is all 3*.
    Daken, blade and thor. Matching greens and keeping reds in play just fills up the place with daggers which really boosts blade's purple power. Thor is there to complete the rainbow and i may sometimes switch him with cyclops to fill up more reds!
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I'm using icon_ironfist.pngicon_blade.pngdrstrange_icon.png as a 3* team for PvE.
    Blade gens tiles passively, and these are added to: Match damage, Iron fist's passive tile, Dr. Strange's passive when an enemy uses a power, and Dr. Strange's Blue countdown tile 2/3 times (depending on how many blue covers you have).
    It's not so good against a team of 3 actual characters, but against 2 or 3 mooks, it'll just tear through them, usually before you can take damage or use a power.

I also suggest the classic pair of icon_captainamerica.png and icon_ironman.png, with icon_kamalakhan.png as a third, to heal constantly and use the little green and purple the Iron battery gives you.

And thirdly, icon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_falcon.png is another classic. Grab as much yellow as you can, watch your tiles get stronger, and one shot uppercut most healers. Falcon's Blue passive is a nice bonus too, in PvE especially.