Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    What team are people using with rocket and groot in and cmags?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    haven't found a great team for grocket yet, but I'm looking. right now I'm running him with deadpool and hood, which is ok. passives all around, ap steal, aoe damage, but I just haven't found that perfect team yet.

love running cmags with lthor and loki. It always depends on the board, but I like going mags red into blue then into loki purple and mop up with thor yellow into green. ap steal, board shakers and 4 good damage dealing abilities - cmags red/blue and thor yellow/green. the reds overlap, but that gives me the option if after your first cast of mags red, there might not be many TUs on the board. thors red gives me the option if I need a little damage or if the board is relatively yellow heavy, adding a few can help.

mags is also a typical third to fist/cage teams.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    haven't found a great team for grocket yet, but I'm looking. right now I'm running him with deadpool and hood, which is ok. passives all around, ap steal, aoe damage, but I just haven't found that perfect team yet.

love running cmags with lthor and loki. It always depends on the board, but I like going mags red into blue then into loki purple and mop up with thor yellow into green. ap steal, board shakers and 4 good damage dealing abilities - cmags red/blue and thor yellow/green. the reds overlap, but that gives me the option if after your first cast of mags red, there might not be many TUs on the board. thors red gives me the option if I need a little damage or if the board is relatively yellow heavy, adding a few can help.

mags is also a typical third to fist/cage teams.
    RGroot seems to work well with Cyclops(RGroot tanks yellow) or Blade(if you get Rgroot blue and blade purple going, game over) esp goon nodes(I probably still think about PVE too much).

Rgroot and 3* Thor work fine too, if Rgroot walls yellow for Thor.
    Rgroot and cage would cover 4/6 colors too.
  • TxMoose
    edited July 2015
    Options
    recently discovered falcon. had him at 5/5/1 for a while and never learned what he could do. goon team that includes falcon and blade are really great. add a damage dealer that can use the opponents 'strongest color' and you're set. start by getting to 5 blue and let redwing do his thing. then get black where blade can start siphoning off ap - very effective. i have another goon team to go with my lcap/Cyclops/mnmags.

in the same vein, ultron sentry or ultron prime team of cage/falcon/axwolverine really worked well for me. I'm sure fist could be used as well, but any strike maker would work. **wolvie is boosted here and with some red, he can spam a lot of strikes on the board for falcon to do his thing while you gather yellow for cage. all works very neat and tidy and with cages protect that is boosted half the time or more, take very little damage. used this team for all the nodes where one was essential.

edit: found a crazy good goon only team - now I have 2. my first is cap/Cyclops/mnmags - very good team and been using them for a while. another I've found is falcon/witch/gsbw. get your blue early so redwing can do his thing and then just try and keep purple around witch's cd and you end up with plenty of purple for gsbw to do her thing.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My go-to goon team is Patch, MoStorm, OBW. Rainbow coverage, if you need to eat a CD patch can regen it, OBW tanks (and double dips) blue and purple, heals and steals, which builds up a lot with strike tiles from BR. On top of that when you get hailstorm up on top of the strike tiles it does a metric ton of damage every turn. Great fun.
    It works especially well against goons that generate blue or purple (or both, like mutants) since it makes OBW even more efficient at powering blue and purple.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Was just wondering, what do the glowing crystals above left of the 3 select players within roster before each event? Some sort of synergy?
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    recently discovered falcon. had him at 5/5/1 for a while and never learned what he could do. goon team that includes falcon and blade are really great. add a damage dealer that can use the opponents 'strongest color' and you're set. start by getting to 5 blue and let redwing do his thing. then get black where blade can start siphoning off ap - very effective. i have another goon team to go with my lcap/Cyclops/mnmags.

edit: found a crazy good goon only team - now I have 2. my first is cap/Cyclops/mnmags - very good team and been using them for a while. another I've found is falcon/witch/gsbw. get your blue early so redwing can do his thing and then just try and keep purple around witch's cd and you end up with plenty of purple for gsbw to do her thing.
    For Goons I have yet to beat CapA/Falcon/Blade or CMags/Falcon/Blade.

CapA is better on the red front since you can get some reds ad keep the shield goign without whiping out Blade's beefed up strikes, but CMags has more board shake-up. CapA will manually erase CD and attacks, CMags will do it 'sometimes', but cheaper. Can't go wrong with either of them as the point person. They both work well with Falcon, as his yellow being a passive just feeds both of their defensive powers, allowing you to actually skip out on his purple entirely, leaving it for Blade. Blade drains AP with the random black matches, the match tiles get stupid strong thanks to Falcon, he does clean up as well on enemy tiles, and CapA/CMags keep them healthy via protect tiles. The board gets littered with tiles making it hard for someone to wipe out all your tiles or to turn everything against you (She-Hulk/Loki).

It does RIDICULOUSLY good against waves and long matches, it just gets stronger and stronger.
    - Unreall
  • TxMoose
    Options
    funny - I recently switched my big enchilada team from ** thormneto to cap/falcon/blade. has worked every time for me so far (over the last week or so) although took quite a bit of damage once.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    funny - I recently switched my big enchilada team from ** thormneto to cap/falcon/blade. has worked every time for me so far (over the last week or so) although took quite a bit of damage once.
    Yeah I did CMags first, someone on the forums mentioned CapA, gave it a try and found him to be a great alternative. His blue and red clear CD tiles and return AP, CMags gets you board shake-up, more dmg, and quicker protects. Either way, its just a stupid team for anything Wave based, watching Blade's attack tiles stack and get buffed...doing 7k+ dmg a turn...just...oh it does thigns to my body I can't explain! Hahaha. What's great about it is that it feels everyone gets to do what they do best, the ONLY overlap is blue, between CapA/CMags & Falcon.

The only thing that sucks is it isn't gdlk in PvP. special tiles get matched away or eaten up.
    - Unreall
  • Lady Axe Face
    Lady Axe Face Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rocket and Groot work great with three star Thor for long fights. Rocket and Groot take precedent over Thor for both yellow and green, so they soak all the damage, and Thor calls the storm over and over. You can keep playing for a long time without heals.

The most ridiculous combo I've found so far is three star cap maxed red and blue, three star iron man (only two yellow covers) and hood, maxed intimidation and dormamu's aid. All yellow goes into iron man, to help generate red and blue. Cap dpses, stuns, and removes enemy tiles with red and blue. Hood helps steal even more, and speeds up the ridiculous number of count down tiles you generate. Once you get going, you're unstoppable, though I'm sure the AI would be terrible at this team in PvP.

I really want to try professor x plus a color generator like cyclops.
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Pnshr88 wrote:
    Was just wondering, what do the glowing crystals above left of the 3 select players within roster before each event? Some sort of synergy?

The crystals just means that the characters are boosted. Different levels for different crystals also.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Benny1902 wrote:
    What team are people using with rocket and groot in and cmags?

I like groot in PvE

I use him with LThor just to keep Thor fresh, half the time groot gets out after a regen anyway (with hood as thirs or something

I also Like Groot for wave nodes with Lcap and Xforce, same reasons plus his blue is good when I have plenty
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love this thread. It would be great if the OP was updated with new characters like Kamala Khan.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love Rocket and Groot with LThor and GSBW for survival nodes; once you've got his blue fired off and a bank of colours, opponents just dissappear so fast; lightning strike into call the storm followed by deceptive tactics then a second (sometimes 3rd) call the storm with and extra 1000 points of damage for each is just obscene
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wheels + wanda + gsbw ....
    absolutely no rainbow balance and completely relies on getting deceptive tactics off before she gets downed. ..
    but..
    if you do get it roliing just pummels anyone..
    my x is 200 ish wanda is 150 and widow is 166...even without maxed i routinely crush max 4 star teams....
    almost dont want to share this but I'm sure others have already figured it out

Yeah this is the best team in PVE in a lot of peoples minds. Arcane into a match 5, generate more purple and game on.

You just need to tank purple with one of the ladies as the strongest color on the team. Don't have PX blue stronger than one of those purples, both to be safest.
  • The later levels of the game require that you not only have fully upgraded characters, but also characters that work well together, synergy.

I didn't see a thread about this, so wanted to get one going. My current favorite from what I have is pairing Magneto (Marvel Now), Storm(Classic), and Hawkeye (Modern)

Magneto uses his Polarity Shift and form a T or an L get the critical tile, and Polarity Shift gives you blues for Storm's Wind Storm, and Hawkeye has his Speed Shot which creates powerful countdowns.

Any other suggestions?
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    A team I'm having a lot of fun with currently in PvE is Grocket/CMags/Loki. You get full coverage, and an active in each color. You have Loki to steal AP, and the basic play is that you rush blue to get "I got a plan" and then use the 5 different board shakes on the team (Cmages red and blue, loki purple, grocket green and rocket yellow) to cause as many cascades as possible. Meanwhile, Grocket can tank and heal, and Loki black can teal w/ strike/defense tiles.

In PvP, I'm running Cyclops w/ FistBuster when I can (IF PvP, Sim) as you have Purple->Black->Red, Blue->Red and Yellow->Red to maximize your speed in repulsor punching. (Also you have Full Blast to save on Health Packs for Buster).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the team of Blade/Falcon/Cage. If there's enough red on the board, you get Cage's protect tile plus 2 Blade strike tiles that you can start buffing on turn 2 with Falcon. It can be slow if Blade doesn't get going, but you can always pump up the protect tile to keep the AI off your back.

All of the yellow you use to buff up your tiles eventually leads to a game-ending Shoryuken, I mean Righteous Uppercut.
  • burrich
    burrich Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A team I discovered by accident in PVP: PX, SW and Psylocke.

The PX / SW team up is well known for creating match 5s. Psylocke works well with these two as all of her powers are pretty cheap, meaning that PX's passive goes off more frequently. Very quickly the whole board is full of special tiles. Psylocke also takes three colours that the other two don't use. I've found this team useful for PVE and PVP Shield Training.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As per the original post, if anyone wants to take this over as a project, just send me a PM.