Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I find two special 3 star combination and fewer people used (All rainbow team)

icon_hood.pngicon_loki.pngicon_shehulk.png --->the enemy team would gather AP with difficulty. Though hood and Loki are low HP, this team could KO many special team.

Another one
    icon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_kamalakhan.png ----> Captain marvel create red, Use captain America blue and red to trigger KK yellow ability.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for all the good info
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CCW1208 wrote:

icon_hood.pngicon_loki.pngicon_shehulk.png --->the enemy team would gather AP with difficulty. Though hood and Loki are low HP, this team could KO many special team.

Apart from Hood's yellowflag.png this combo doesn't dish out a lot of damage and potentially has two dead abilities. It may frustrate the hell out of opponents, but it will take you a long time to down a team of beefy targets.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there an updated version of this, or someway people find out suggested teams for new characters? This is super helpful, but I need newer characters and I am not creative enough to think of them myself.

Thanks!
  • CCW1208 wrote:

Apart from Hood's yellowflag.png this combo doesn't dish out a lot of damage and potentially has two dead abilities. It may frustrate the hell out of opponents, but it will take you a long time to down a team of beefy targets.
    Aye, I've done that team before...there is synergy between 'two' at a time, Loki/Hood (AP Drain and slow fight), Loki/She-Hulk (shake-up and tile stealing), Hood/She-Hulk (No AP, but manual), but all together its just not enough offense, and when you have two low health characters, if you cna't kill someone fast with your third (like a Cyc), then you'll just get steam rolled, focus on killing Hood or Loki with match dmg or low AP attack, then wipe out the rest of the team. Also like you mentioned, it is soooo slow. I'd rather bring 2* Daken and 2* Bullseye with a 4* PX to the party.

I'm trying to find a red battery of sorts for XFDP, Cyclops is like the only "just pick Hood" option I keep coming across. Mnm is a 2*...
    - Unreall
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's always Hulkbuster! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yeah I realized that later in the day, though not a real option for me. Only got like 3 covers, and his black will short cut XFW's black.
    - Unreall
  • Newbsandwich
    Newbsandwich Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used a team consisting of:
    Professor X (only blue comic maxed) level 147
    2* Magneto (purple is the most important skill) level 94
    Scarlett Witch (maxed out blue ability) level 166

I just used Magneto's purple ability to trigger Professor X's passive. The passive ability obliterated Galactus up till round 6. I used Scarlett Witch's passive blue ability to build up purple AP and possibly trigger Professor X's passive as well. I want to test out his passive with other characters like Kamala Khan and Grey Suit just to see if their purple abilities work better than Magneto
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    really gsbw is 'best' because you can place 6 green exactly where you want them - usually guaranteed 2 crits and 8 purple ap returning to you. and then when you have enough you have a beefy aoe, usually to finish the match off. kk is ok, but not placing the tiles is not quite as effective at making crits. BUT, her purple is cheaper and her green is cheaper, so she could work (I haven't tried that combo - I might take that for a spin in pve).
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My favorite team by far is GSBW, 3 star Cyclops and 3 star Magneto. Cascades aplenty with this team. Cyclops yellow creates lots of red, which sometimes starts a cascade. Magneto's red does decent damage and creates cascades often. His blue is a strong damager for a blue power, and can sometimes start a cascade. Then GSBW's purple or green cascade easily. Usually this team takes a few turns to start going, but once the first cascade hits, often times the fight is done without the other team getting a turn. constant cascades create large amounts of ap, and their powers do tons of damage.

All three at 166 will take down level 250+ nearly every time, while only taking 1-2000 damage each. I usually can do 2-3 fights with those three without healing in between.

The biggest downside, is they are terrible at defense. The AI cannot use their powers correctly to create those all important cascades. They are of course very weak against 4 star Jean Grey. Cascades often result in 5 matches, which spells disaster against Jean.
  • Lady Axe Face
    Lady Axe Face Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Blade and 3 star cyclops work well together as cyclops generates red, and Blade generates strike tiles with enough red on the board. Add in Daken, and you end up with even more red strike tiles, plus Daken's ability to consume strike tiles for damage. With all these strike tiles on the board, Blade's attack tiles do a stupid amount of damage.
  • Nomadhero
    Options
    who would pair well with Vision for a viable comp?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nomadhero wrote:
    who would pair well with Vision for a viable comp?
    The garbage bin...

I'm kidding, but on defense the AI has no clue how to use his abilities well. That said, KK may be a nice pair since she'll at least heal every time he wastes that AP on a new tile. OML may be another potential pair as he'll start tossing out strike tiles as the AI needlessly burns through his AP.

Could open the door to some interesting potential as OML will never have enough Yellow AP to go from tank mode into unbridled destruction mode.

Besides that, I like pairing him with any Yellow/Red user who he can tank for. Toss out his blue, and just collect that AP while dishing out extra match damage. It's always nice to play a match and only need one health pack rather than 2-3.

EDIT: Let's hope the newly announced update to Vision changes this assessment.
  • HeyoJayo
    Options
    Most people completely discount shield tiles, but Falcon can be pretty effective with a 3*SpiderMan/2*Bullseye, as long as there is someone else along to do some damage (blade, storm, etc.)

Talking PVE anyway, don't venture too much into the PVP area.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My favourite team is Iron Fist (Level 173, 3/5/5), Black Panther (Level 170, 5/3/5) and Magneto (Level 168, 3/5/5). All colours are covered and the cooperation between IFs purple and BPs black is awesome! Since I use this team (mostly in Shield Simulator), I have won almost all fights against other 3*-teams.
  • mmmmm i only have 3* covers so.... depending the match

scarlet witch - deadpool - (colossus - cyclops - storm 3* - kk - hood or basically any yellow user)

obw - hood - and a tank or captain america 3*

falcon 3* - iron fist - luke cage

iron fist - cyclops - hood

wolverine - loki - (daken - magneto 3*)

hulk - magneto - kk

thor - daken - blade

spider man - gamora - scartel

those are the ones i use the most
  • Fatebringer
    Options
    So, I've been playing less than a year and have basically kept the same combo’s going based on the covers I got, but as new characters emerge, I’m always on the lookout for new combos. icon_e_wink.gif

The first killer combo I came across to help me with the Big Enchilada was as follows.

Ares
    Classic Storm
    Original Black Widow

Tactic: Using OBW as the work horse collect Pink / Blue ravenously. Green is tertiary for importance, then Red / Yellow as available. Using Pink Tile steal as often as power to fuel OBW’S Blue Heal / Tile increase times, and for Storm’s strong blue stun attack. Storms stun can be used twice in a row at full, and refreshed somewhat with pink / green if needed. Save red / yellow tiles for the big finally, let ares take damage whenever possible because his red power is stronger at low health. If your health is not low enough, use yellow to do massive damage to hard to take down targets before using the red team attacks.
    Downsides: Black is completely ignored.

Alternate 2 star combos: Once I got Magneto up to max level, he replaced Ares in my line up because of his pink ability to create more blue, with each character having a blue power and access to a cheap power that could create more blue for heals or damage / stun or be able to clear the board, the 1 color really covers it all.

As I moved into the 3 Star category more, the following combo evolved. While I like using Iron First instead of Beast sometimes for the black tile infusion and steady damage, the big heals and strong protect tiles you can get out there early for Beast makes a huge difference.

Gamora
    Beast
    Kamala Khan

Tactic: Slow and Steady, get blue early to get some tiles out for Beast to work with, gobble up red and black for Gamora, pink for Kamala Khan, while her Green power is very strong, I typically wait to collect green until after I use the pink power to try and let it make combo’s and even crit tiles if you leave enough green on the board before using it. The cheap cost of Beasts Blue power and Gamora’s red means that there is a steady stream of heals coming in, grab yellow if you’re hurting for Beasts big heal, but all in keep working the heals and protect tiles as all the major damage from red and green should wait until it’s boosted by Gamora’s black power to create lots of very strong yellow strike tiles.
    Downsides: Beast’s Heal has a high cost so can’t be used right away to get out the extra Defense tiles.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This thread needs a huge update. One thing i'd like to know is what hero uses a certain power when both have the same color and are ready to use? A bit off-topic, but it may help my pvp team decision.
  • CaptainFrugal
    Options
    Any one have a good suggestion of who to use with carnage?
  • xxWR1GHT3OUSxx
    xxWR1GHT3OUSxx Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wish someone would update this. Not that I'm volunteering.