Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• daibar wrote:
    That's actually 2* BW. Also, while it is a rainbow team of active abilities, both Widow and Hood are fragile and you'd have to level them carefully if you still wanted OBW to steal Blue on matches (Hood max 104 or so). Black power is weak, and doesn't serve any of your abilities. You'd probably end up focusing on Green Red Purple in that order, letting Hood steal Black Yellow Blue.

True about the 2star Widow, my bad, and black is a bit weak (903 damage for 9 tiles) see this as a side objective if there aren't any other colors to match.

But blue is definitely in the top 3 to match couse of the healing and the ability to up the counter on tiles. I mostly focus on redflag.png , purpleflag.png , blueflag.png , greenflag.png , then yellowflag.png to keep wolf above 2100 of health or blackflag.png for a quick sting in between. Purple is so high because of the stealing capability of BW adding it to your count and they can't make an additional attack and wolverine's red attack(or other hero) is better with a green-attack just before it, cause of the extra attack tiles. Just ended overall top 3 in the Halloween missions and won Blade 3 times with mostly these 3 (99.9%) if I couldn't heel anymore then substitute Ares(at max) or Hulk(4green 2 black) for the hood or wolverine (or/else storm 3 or even 1 star)
    In any case black widow is still a must for me to get that far in a tournament. Even when my health is well below 1000 the blue healing ups that anty for me icon_lol.gif

Btw I lost/missed-out on a few hero's on the way, Due to insufficient capacity and lack of gold I won wolverine 4 star once but could not keep it. And sold the hood a few times when I was starting. Now I've got a few high end 3 star but only with 1 or 2 colors so that doesn't make a dent in a pack of butter ( Dutch proverb) icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade Daken Lazythor. Blade and daken make strike tiles to fuel his purple. LazyThor covers the other 3 colors without heavy emphasis on red so you can prioritize other colors to fuel blades green.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had one of these already, added one of these and added a 2* Captain Marvel suggestion I found in her thread. Thanks to all.
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not sure if posted before (I searched and didn't find a specific mention of it) but how about 3* Wolverine + 3* Daken + 3* Storm? If you keep Storm at level 140, Patch and Laken tank green, yellow and black for her so you can keep her hidden. It also adds an outlet for yellow and black so you have an active power for all colors except purple. In this case, 3/5/5 would make more sense for Mororo. It worked pretty well for my climb during Cat-5.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade, Daken, Patch- Blade can stay hidden and Patch and Daken regen for long play. You can also max out damage on Blades Purple and double dip on Patches strike tiles for an additional 2900 damage per turn.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Thanks amarrero and wymtime.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Blade, Daken, Patch- Blade can stay hidden and Patch and Daken regen for long play. You can also max out damage on Blades Purple and double dip on Patches strike tiles for an additional 2900 damage per turn.

Oh, that would be nice. Patch controls greenflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png (maximum power for TBTI), Daken controls purpleflag.pngblueflag.png , Blade only peaks out his head when collecting blackflag.png. All those strike tiles...& only shy of an active Yellow power.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Can someone please tell me why is thor compatible with black panther? They are both sharing one strong color 'yellow'
  • Can someone please tell me why is thor compatible with black panther? They are both sharing one strong color 'yellow'

One strong color? BP's strong color is black. To successfully fight Thor and BP, you have to deny Green, Yellow, and Black - failing to do so means taking massive, "this game is pretty much done"-level damage. And then you've got Thor's Red, which is decent damage, and BP's blue, which is... Well, it's a blue power. Between them, they have 19k health, cover 5 colors (4 really well), and have two insane AOE skills. Thor/BP **** **** up.
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    Can someone please tell me why is thor compatible with black panther? They are both sharing one strong color 'yellow'

That's only 1 overlapping color between 6 active powers! That's a pretty good ratio considering there are only 6 colors. Sure, it would be better if either of them had Purple rather than yellow to give you the full rainbow, but that's not often the way that most teams are built.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    ok thanks guys... How about BP with Devil Dino? Are they viable for defense purpose?
  • daibar wrote:
    I don't disagree, but those benefits are so minimal, you might as well throw icon_doctoroctopus.png on there instead for his blackflag.png passive, saving blacktile.png for Inferno.

The list is constantly being scrubbed --it's work in progress . Initially, the challenge was simply compiling lots of compositions just to populate a list and get something started worthy of being stickied and not abandoned in the depths of the board. Looks like that was a success. Auditing is welcome and thanks to those who commented on removals -- removals can be as good as additions at this point.

yogi_ and I discussed formatting, but we had both already started lists with different formatting that took many invested hours. And our lists will have some unique entries since I'm getting a lot of my combos from alliance mates testing them in the field seeing what works and what doesn't. I used the template format I did because it was the fastest available list I could find of unambiguous character names. How I use the list at the moment is basically as a quick reference. A PVP starts up with some featured character, and I scan down the list for that character seeing which 2nd and 3rd chars I have available that might have some synergy. Some people like seeing third characters, either for simulator, Balance of Power/Combined Arms PVPs, or for some PVEs like the gauntlet.

I'd love to add why all the good combos on the list are good so that the rationale is clear, and have put some sparse comments to that effect. That's something to work on.

m(._.)m <-- Japanese emoji of humility
  • Pwuz_
    Options
    icon_hulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_blackpanther.png to work very well together.

icon_hulk.png tanks blackflag.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_blackpanther.png tanks blueflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_thor.png tanks redflag.png

Get icon_hulk.png out in front for any big hits to generate more Angry greenflag.png . Focus on blackflag.pnggreenflag.png matches to get off RotP & CotS.
    redflag.pngicon_thor.png is in general a safer and better option than icon_hulk.png
    yellowflag.pngicon_thor.png adds extra greenflag.png if you are close to enough for CotS or strike.png from Battleplan otherwise.
    blueflag.png well, you can use it...but since blueflag.png is barely prioritized over purpleflag.png, you shouldn't ever have enough to use it till long after you've used both RotP & CotS.
  • 3* Iron Man in 2* Magneto and 2* Hawkeye team. You collect purpletile.png and yellowtile.png. Pop Polarity Exchange for bluetile.png (for either Electric Arrow or Ballistic Salvo, you decide. Iron Hammer is not viable as you will have important cd tiles of your own often on the board and it pretty much sucks anyway) and Speed Shot. If you have 1 yellow cover, you can use Recharge with 2 yellow matches (6 yellowtile.png ) to generate tremendous amounts of redtile.png which you can use for Blast Arrow, Magnetic Flux or Unibeam. One can ignore the fact that blacktile.png and greentile.png are not covered due to the synergies and quick, guaranteed high damage output.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Done and done. Thanks both.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mohawk is probably the best pairing for daken sentry in terms of speed. Cascades and hailstorm work pretty well with inspired strike tiles.

For Mystique:
    Mystique XF -> fueling surigcal.
    XF DP Mystique -> (Almost, no good yellow) ridiculous rainbow coverage, MQ blue fuels surgical and whales.
  • Mohawk is probably the best pairing for daken sentry in terms of speed. Cascades and hailstorm work pretty well with inspired strike tiles.
    but what if storm takes all red and yellow tiles with her blackflag.png and you dont have space for new ones? if a simple yellowtile.png match is done with your sacrifice tile you might dont have space for a new one. and also you will have to plan the second world rupture because of the ton of tiles taken by storm (assuming that you go first for WR).
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    X-Force + Daken + Deadpool, complete rainbow coverage, variable degree of power expenses(5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 14), fast and hard hitting, no real AOE nuke but between the three of them they can take down a single character in record time.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Ta!.......
  • I use 2* Wolverine with 3*IM often. I have 1 in recharge so I can get that off quickly, pop feral claws to get a mess of strike tiles on the board and then finish off with adamantium slash. It's better even if I can throw in OBW because her damage scales with strike tiles super well. It would probably be better with Patch but I don't have one yet.