The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• eliudgzz wrote:
    has anyone been able to beat. and how lol
    Venom lvl. 200
    Rag lvl. 200
    Ares lvl. 200

thanks!

Using +red/yellow +all +dark.avenger I can do it pretty consistently by turn 5 or so nd take very little damage. Match colors once or twice, one time matching blue at least, and then go to town using mag's blue , hulk's green, thor red/yellow intelligently to build more ap to use. Lvl 128 magneto (skill 4 + blue is the meal ticket here), lvl 60 4/2/2 hulk, thor. I amean, tit requires a decently high lvl villain most don't have but its another option I guess.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Please, please, please someone help. I have a 108 lev Spidey 3,5,5 build / 85 Wolv / and 48 hulk. I've inly beaten the 240 Lv villains twice. I'm thinking it's dependent on the luck of the board but maybe you can enlighten me. I boost with the 3 col, red/yellow and 20% damage to dark avengers and still end up getting eaten and beaten. Is there anything else I can try? I know about denying cols to the enemy but sometimes you just can't stop em and there aren't enough blues and pinks to stun and protect.
  • Ir0nF1sh wrote:
    Please, please, please someone help. I have a 108 lev Spidey 3,5,5 build / 85 Wolv / and 48 hulk. I've inly beaten the 240 Lv villains twice. I'm thinking it's dependent on the luck of the board but maybe you can enlighten me. I boost with the 3 col, red/yellow and 20% damage to dark avengers and still end up getting eaten and beaten. Is there anything else I can try? I know about denying cols to the enemy but sometimes you just can't stop em and there aren't enough blues and pinks to stun and protect.

...Why aren't you using the blue and pink boost? If you have Punisher, use him instead of wolvie, if you have 5 in Punisher's red. Otherwise Wolvie is fine.
  • Another day, another free 500hp and zero frustrating "powered up" tokens that magically transform into disappointment.

Way better than the last event.
  • Tied for second to get third place...The amount of disappointment is astounding.
  • Delrusant wrote:
    Sub events have great reward but that is thankfull, because whole event ranking are not really fair (The first is mine has 3K advantage at 23k against 20k for second and third but is not in the same sub-event as us 2 so he seems to be able to score a lot more (was not first in the ten before the start of the last sub event)

My understanding is that the rubber banding in the sub events is based on your positioning in the main event. The weird thing is the main event is also bracketed. So being further behind in your main bracket means you can score better in the sub brackets.

That being said, I think I enjoyed the Hulk event better which had everyone was in the same main bracket.

That being said, I finally got top 2 in a sub event... burning through so many boosts grinding those repeatable 240/240/240 missions. My main bracket is so crazy though, first place is 28k i'm rocking 17.5k. ;_;
  • I think the sub brackets this time aren't rubberbanded to your main placement, because otherwise it's almost impossible for anyone with a decent main bracket score to even have a chance. If you recall The Hulk event, after the first batch of sub brackets you're basically competing against guys who have a permanent 10X modifier since they just started yesterday. From what I can tell the easier repeatable missions give 1/2 the base points compared to the hardest one, so at 10X modifier that means every Jump Jets is worth 5 of the hardest mission for someone in front of the overall bracket. There's just no way any amount of strategy can possibly keep up with this.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the rubberbanding is based on sub-event scores now. (or it has considerable impact)
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think the sub brackets this time aren't rubberbanded to your main placement, because otherwise it's almost impossible for anyone with a decent main bracket score to even have a chance.

All these events have worked that way, so why would you think this one was different?
  • The strategy hasn't changed. Plan attacks based on the reset time, and grind for the last bit of the event. I've finished top in every sub-event that I've had time to play using the same strategy as every other PVE event.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Misguided wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I think the sub brackets this time aren't rubberbanded to your main placement, because otherwise it's almost impossible for anyone with a decent main bracket score to even have a chance.

All these events have worked that way, so why would you think this one was different?

Because it's now possible to win all of your sub-events, which was never possible before. It actually looks like you need to do well in all of your sub-events to do well in your main bracket. (Though main event rewards are underwhelming.)
  • I think Nemek is right.
  • jozier wrote:
    The strategy hasn't changed. Plan attacks based on the reset time, and grind for the last bit of the event. I've finished top in every sub-event that I've had time to play using the same strategy as every other PVE event.
    I been going at it all wrong then i guess.
  • jozier wrote:
    The strategy hasn't changed. Plan attacks based on the reset time, and grind for the last bit of the event. I've finished top in every sub-event that I've had time to play using the same strategy as every other PVE event.

Yea...I am 4/4 for top 2 on sub events I've tried in. Kinda doing a one match on one match off type of thing to keep the rubberbanding decent. That's 2000 hp so far... That NEVER was possible before. Also,.my.rubberbanding isn't being used up by the end of.each sub even with grinding...that never happened before.

So, its totally diff in scoring. Only need a green punisher I can probably get in the hulk smash anyway and a green iw is the most.common so yea...my.goal is to farm.first places in the sub brackets as much as possible.
  • Actually I think now the rubberband modifier is equal to the lesser of your main or sub bracket placement. I know I had a X10 modifier in one sub bracket but not in another bracket on missions I didn't do yet. The smaller modifier is for the sub-bracket I have a higher ranking. This is probably done to prevent guys with incredibly low score just swoop in with a permanent 10X modifier.
  • Is it just like pvp tourneys then in the sense of getting "lucky" and getting into a non try hard bracket?
  • I have everything I wanted from the event ( 4/4/5 Ares , used some winning hp) ..so time to coast just to finish the missions for the rewards ..nothing in main bracket I need now other than the invis woman cover , but I'd feel like a turd taking the puni covers when I have no need for them.
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    I have everything I wanted from the event ( 4/4/5 Ares , used some winning hp) ..so time to coast just to finish the missions for the rewards ..nothing in main bracket I need now other than the invis woman cover , but I'd feel like a turd taking the puni covers when I have no need for them.
    You're still my hero Bucky.
  • If the rubberband modiifer is limited by the sub-bracket you are in, there's really no strategy to place top 1/2 other than play more than anyone else in the bracket. I think people really underestimate how much they play when they say 'got this win easily'. Keep in mind that being able to beat the 3X240 missions counts as a ton of playing for obvious reasons, even if it didn't actually take you very long to do so. I sure wimped out on most of these missiosn and I'm sure most people did the same.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Because it's now possible to win all of your sub-events, which was never possible before. It actually looks like you need to do well in all of your sub-events to do well in your main bracket. (Though main event rewards are underwhelming.)

Huh. Interesting. Thanks. I've only played in a couple of sub events so far, so I didn't realize that was the case.