The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• Hitman Inc wrote:
    So I have been trying the suggested strategy of joining near the beginning and doing all the missions with a few hours left and grind it out, but I am still struggling to hit the top 50.

I think my issue is that I run our of time to grind the repeatable missions down to nothing. I also cant beat the level 200+ teams which is leaving big points on the tables.

What is the lowest you can grind down the replaybale missions? Any one have tips for beating the +240 plus teams with out using Spiderman? (Mine is only 2/3/2 lvl 50)

I normally start the missions 2-4 hours after they start (I do all the mission but do not repeat any of them), then redo the repeatable missions 13 hours before the end (I do enough here to be in the 10 at the time), then I do the final wave 1.5 hours before the end of the bracket. I do not do any of the IW missions because I don't have her, and I don't do any of the 240 missions because its a waste of health packs and time. It takes about 2 hours total time for each bracket. I have 3 top 10's using this method. My Ares is 4/2/5, two more reds and I'm done.
  • Zirtak wrote:
    Right now I can only see Alaska and the main event, the other two subs don't appear in my tournament tab. Does anyone know what's up here? The Ares event and lightning tournaments are visible too.

Go into the main bracket and see if any of the missions reset. It happened to me once and I had to redo the last 3 missions to open the savage land again.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zirtak wrote:
    Right now I can only see Alaska and the main event, the other two subs don't appear in my tournament tab. Does anyone know what's up here? The Ares event and lightning tournaments are visible too.
    Double check the main tab, it bugged out and unlocked the missions, which hid the subs (no additional points, unfortunately)
  • I could beat the 240 team with 85 vol/obw and 77-89 hulk a few times, but see only 20-30% chance. And not each team, the one with daken looked hopeless. I think another time IW was forced on the 240 party, that's IMO hopeless again. Well, win meant 2 heroes down and one left with 100-200 hp. icon_e_smile.gif

My main problem is that they shell out downing damage in 4, maybe 5 colors, you can't prevent all of them. While you keep Ares at bay moonstone or venom charges up. Without stun you lose a member -- and I usually happened to meet that moment without even be able to chose who.

But I could deal with the 200 lvl ones with some 70% win rate, and at most 1 downed in wins, including those with IW (1 blue).

So normally I skip the biggest one, and do the 200 if I'm with disposable health packs. Usually full grind on the remaining missions is enough to get 2 covers with HP. Last time I was getting #2 when climbers approached in last minutes and I finished another run on the 200 party a mere minute late, falling to #3. So some puffer is advised to avoid that.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Daedelus wrote:
    Zirtak wrote:

Go into the main bracket and see if any of the missions reset. It happened to me once and I had to redo the last 3 missions to open the savage land again.

That did the trick, thx!
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I could beat the 240 team with 85 vol/obw and 77-89 hulk a few times, but see only 20-30% chance. And not each team, the one with daken looked hopeless. I think another time IW was forced on the 240 party, that's IMO hopeless again. Well, win meant 2 heroes down and one left with 100-200 hp. icon_e_smile.gif

I ended up buying the 5th spiderman blue with HPs to be able to do the Daken level and used Punisher with him. I'm not a fan of the stun lock method and omg is it horrific looking for blues to keep it up.

Otherwise, I to was using an 85 wolverine/obw with boosts to finish the non Daken 240s. But I had closer to 60-70% success.
  • Anyone else noticing a "Stragglers" mission only sometimes showing up behind the "New Dark Avengers" mission ..still gives points.. kind of weird. In the Florida sub event?
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Anyone else noticing a "Stragglers" mission only sometimes showing up behind the "New Dark Avengers" mission ..still gives points.. kind of weird. In the Florida sub event?

The Florida event seems to have bugs. I've had the "The Core" mission re-lock after I've done it and allow me to re-do it once I've re-unlocked it (which similarly refreshes the missions which unlock once you've beaten that mission). There's some logic failures there somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if "Stragglers", which held that position on the map in the original "The Hunt", is still unlockable if you do missions in a particular order. I mean "More Stragglers" is definitely still there. The rushjob they went through to put up "The Hunt" again with these minor Ares-related changes is rather plain, but I still appreciate not getting a 2nd repeat of the Hulk event.... still, there had better be a brand new event after this.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    They'll probably rerun Red or Unstable or whatever it was Iso-8 while they give themselves more time to make something new. They have been seeming to be running them in backwards order (that was a convoluted sentence). I'm actually glad they reran it, because I joined after the first one was already over.
  • Mmm another 500 HP.
  • While I'm not quite as successful as Jozier, the last round with a top 10 finish has let me finish my Ares at 4/4/5. Now to just get more ISO to level him up.
  • remylebeau wrote:
    While I'm not quite as successful as Jozier, the last round with a top 10 finish has let me finish my Ares at 4/4/5. Now to just get more ISO to level him up.

Nice. The last round put me at 4/3/5
  • jozier wrote:
    Mmm another 500 HP.
    Congrats and ditto.
  • All you need is lvl 60 spiderman, 60 black widow, and lvl 70 ares

No need to use health pack or anything. Just keep the last guy stunned and you could beat a lvl 140/140/85 easy
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Common wrote:
    All you need is lvl 60 spiderman, 60 black widow, and lvl 70 ares

No need to use health pack or anything. Just keep the last guy stunned and you could beat a lvl 140/140/85 easy

Not sure if you're talking about The Hunt or the Ares tournament going on right now. But, either way...to do really well in the The Hunt, it has a lot to do with the speed in which you can beat those missions, too. In general, it looks like if you can make the fastest push in the last 30-45 minutes, you'll end up winning it. With that team, I can't see you beating the 240lvl missions very quickly.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Common wrote:
    All you need is lvl 60 spiderman, 60 black widow, and lvl 70 ares

Not sure if you're talking about The Hunt or the Ares tournament going on right now. But, either way...to do really well in the The Hunt, it has a lot to do with the speed in which you can beat those missions, too. In general, it looks like if you can make the fastest push in the last 30-45 minutes, you'll end up winning it. With that team, I can't see you beating the 240lvl missions very quickly.

Ah sorry was talking about the wrong event. I was talking about rage&ruin Ares event.

I think you're right about the last 30minute mark though.

But in the meanwhile the stun & lock method and healing with widow/spiderman with last opponent left seems like the easiest method. If you have Ares over lvl 70 with stacked yellow/green AP he could pretty much kill 2 opponents easy in about 3rd/4th turn.
  • Was just checking the places and I must say that #3 has a fantastic name.....MUUUUUULTI PASS

xgeijc.jpg
  • I have Ares at 2/2/4 and im pretty much guaranted a yellow and 2 greens in the next 28 minustes and i have a yellow in storage. I was thinking going 4/4/5. Is 4/4/5 any good?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unity wrote:
    I have Ares at 2/2/4 and im pretty much guaranted a yellow and 2 greens in the next 28 minustes and i have a yellow in storage. I was thinking going 4/4/5. Is 4/4/5 any good?

It is the most popular build
  • Was just checking the places and I must say that #3 has a fantastic name.....MUUUUUULTI PASS

xgeijc.jpg

hmm... is that a multiple main bracket? In my main bracket top 10 the hunt player different :/
    guess it not global xD
    just achieve 4/4/5 from previous Florida sub mission as well... now only just gather iso and win the torn and run tourney... gonna collect as least a ***wol (patch) as a souvenir icon_mrgreen.gif