The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• Bucky76 wrote:
    I have everything I wanted from the event ( 4/4/5 Ares , used some winning hp) ..so time to coast just to finish the missions for the rewards ..nothing in main bracket I need now other than the invis woman cover , but I'd feel like a turd taking the puni covers when I have no need for them.

I'll have a 4/4/5 without wasting hp by the end so I think that probably wasn't a good use. To each their own though.

@phan ..yes...those last mission.I know are probably.helping.me since once I build a few hundred point lead at the end nobody really has a chance to catch up. For the last sub I did everything once, then did about 4-5 reps of the last mission before the 8 Jr mark. Sleep. Woke up with about 45 min left and grinded from there. Net time put in for a 2nd place (someone a few tens of points above was grinding HARD as I saw their points move up veeeerrry slowly...400+point cushion on 3rd) was probably 1 1/2 hrs tops. The last match was taking me a few minutes each go as I had to be very thoughtful with the placement.

Humorously enough the second to last in that sub is harder for me than the last mission. Last mission I was running mag 128/hulk 60/thor 84 and would end with maybe a few k net hp loss. Sometimes almost none. 2nd to last it was 60 hulk/30 iw/84 thor. I had to use most of my heals on baglady ..not the others lol. Stupid baglady...
  • Consensus is 4/4/5 eh? I'm cool with that but I always feel weird maxing only one of the three powers.

EDIT: I reread the description, reducing Green to 5 instead of 6 isn't that useful so 4/4/5.
  • jozier wrote:
    Consensus is 4/4/5 eh? I'm cool with that but I always feel weird maxing only one of the three powers.

Yea, the 5th powers on the green and red are rather lackluster while both of the 4th give damage boosts. 5th on yellow mkes the tile somewhat viable

Side note: oddly, the tile doesn't die when ares does. Machine matched it before I could see if it still activated post death though.

Edit: just remembered, and should add, that he killed himself with the use of the yellow..so it might be a glitch from that...placing the tile occurs concurrent with the death and so it isn't destroyed. Still would be interesting to see if it does any damage or healing.
  • I pretty much just wimped out of the IW required and 240X3 missions, and I'm sure that's what the vast majority of people did, so it's quite reasonable someone who keep grinding those missions can come in at top 2. It just didn't seem like it's worth the effort to risk not finishing top 2 and you can easily run out of health packs, but I guess that's the point for the big payoff for those who do take the risk.
  • Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone figured out exactly how the missions are resetting? It's not a full 5x reset every 8hr like The Hulk; I've been able to get reasonable points from some missions 7-8 times in a row. It seems more like the missions recover max points slowly over time, and save up more points if you neglected them earlier. Am I mistaken in this?
  • Celerity wrote:
    Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone figured out exactly how the missions are resetting? It's not a full 5x reset every 8hr like The Hulk; I've been able to get reasonable points from some missions 7-8 times in a row. It seems more like the missions recover max points slowly over time, and save up more points if you neglected them earlier. Am I mistaken in this?

The drain is slower, but I'm still noticing a larger rebound about 8 hours after I knock down the points. That is, I checked this morning and a mission was worth X (after about 7 hours after I last attempted) and when I checked again at 8.5 or so hours, it was worth X + without a significant change in my ranking or the top points.
  • As far as I can tell, in the last event a mission might go something like 20, 20, 15, 10, 5, 0. In this event, the missions never drop to 0, so it'd look more like say 20, 20, 15, 10, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, and so on. It'd still be better to have the mission refresh than trying to grind out the single digit points once you done it more than 5 times.
  • I only mention it because I've gotten first in two subs so far, and I've basically accomplished this by just playing whenever, so I find it to be a huge improvement over the previous system. I can play a mission every 2-3 hours, or let it sit for 12 hours, I'll succeed either way as long as I grind it enough. Currently sitting first in my main event bracket without gaming the system at all.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I'm getting the refreshes wrong. Got a ~200 point lead before I went to bed around 8 hours before the end of the event. Ran out of worthwhile stacks before I was able to get back in the top 2 in the last half hour
  • I think the Progression rewards should be worth more in the over all score on the main hunt. I have 30000 points and im not that excited for reaching 40000 because all i get is 250 ios. I think i deserve 100-200 hero points or 500 ios after all that hard work or i would even be happy if we recieve 2* + covers for each rank. Do you guys think so?
  • Unity wrote:
    I think the Progression rewards should be worth more in the over all score on the main hunt. I have 30000 points and im not that excited for reaching 40000 because all i get is 250 ios. I think i deserve 100-200 hero points or 500 ios after all that hard work or i would even be happy if we recieve 2* + covers for each rank. Do you guys think so?

*shrugs* More rewards is always nice, but given all the free iso and tokens being given out by the missions, plus the subevent rewards going out every 12 hours, I'm ok with some of the actual progression rewards being fluff.
  • Yeah, I'd have to disagree too. Due to rubber banding, if you just play a little bit, you're basically guaranteed to hit a lot of the progression rewards. It's not like PvP where you have to strategize and/or grind to get to certain levels.
  • it doesn't matter how hard a person grind in the game... soon gonna brace ourselves for the last 3 days match where the point shoot up to 3k + per mission in the sub event where the rubber bending started kick in icon_mrgreen.gif
    already obtain ares with 1/1/4 and there are still 5 more days to go to max it for the next dark avengar event icon_lol.gif
  • Every time I start Florida, I forget just how many tinykitty missions there are and end up in such a quagmire of never-ending fights
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Every time I start Florida, I forget just how many tinykitty missions there are and end up in such a quagmire of never-ending fights

Thanks for that. Almost forgot all about it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tinykitty! Every time I finish a fight I get a disconnect -.-
  • Damn, was too focused on Hulk Tourney. Finished my push late. Only got top 10 I think instead of my usual 1-2. Oh well, Ares is finished at least.
  • wow... just wow... i finally manage beat lv240 at the very last 3 minutes and should be earning 200+ point which will place me in top 10 in the last sub mission... however not only it did not added i was place in the top 50 instead... what a bummer :/
    guess i should finish it before the time run out next time... better take note of that icon_cry.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    Damn, was too focused on Hulk Tourney. Finished my push late. Only got top 10 I think instead of my usual 1-2. Oh well, Ares is finished at least.

Nice, I should get my last cover tomorrow morning. Have him at level 56 right now. I think he'll be fun to use buffed in a tourney.
  • Another top 2 for me. This is my 3rd one.