The Hunt: Ares

Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
New PvE Event up.

Cap, Hawkeye, Punisher, Hulk, Bag Lady buffed.

Ares is Green/Red/Yellow.
Green does damage by consuming green AP and gives some green to your opponent.
Red is basic damage, doubled if Ares is below 29% health.
Yellow is like Juggernaut's head but, but Ares takes 2/3 damage and generates a self healing countdown tile for some of that damage to be healed.

Rewards are strange as you get Ares from positions 91 to 400 with Bag lady and Punisher being the top tier prizes.
As Radiopy below mentioned, there is a Yellow Ares cover at 10,000 points and Red Punisher at 80,000

Go out there, be average and win yourself a new character

Comments

• radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Ares is part of the progression rewards, so it seems that if you want to dominate to get Punisher, you get some Ares, or you can be average and load up on Ares.
  • OH MY GOD. I want Punisher so bad, this seems like a good chance even for my mediocre thorless two star team. Modern Hawkeye buffed!!!!
  • Rubberbanding is going to have to be in high swing to get the 80K progression reward.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if I'm going to finish mid table to get ares or push and get some punishers, I don't have a single punished yet.
    Stupid auto correct keeps changing ares to are.
  • Would someone mind posting the *important* progression rewards and how many points it takes? I don't have my phone with me.

You can post all if you want.
  • Hulk and punisher both available in their respective HP packs.
  • The sub event rewards seem to have lots of Ares.

spot 1-400 of a 1000 bracket in the Alaska sub event are all Ares rewards.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Roya PQ wrote:
    The sub event rewards seem to have lots of Ares.

Awesome!
  • probably not even going to spend hp to get a spot for ares.
  • Microtom wrote:
    probably not even going to spend hp to get a spot for ares.

Luckily I have a spot ready for him.
  • Roya PQ wrote:

Would you mind posting how long the subs last? I won't be able to play for sometime, thanks!
  • Roster slot purchased. So many ongoing tournaments though mah gawg.
  • Roya PQ wrote:

Would you mind posting how long the subs last? I won't be able to play for sometime, thanks!

The Hunt Alaska is set for 1 day 11hours and 29 minutes. The Hunt Florida opens up in 11 hours and 29 minutes.
  • 36 hours, at least first sub.
  • Thanks to you both!
  • Just realized that I am super calm about this even. I just don't give a s... about who will be first, if I will be in top 100 or whatever. thanks to ragnarok nerf I just realized that it does not metter bcos everything could be changed. I think I gain my life back icon_e_smile.gif. I will play but with small efort. yeah icon_e_smile.gif
  • I still don't understand how the GODS are 2* characters. THEY'RE GODS, D3, GODSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • Polkio wrote:
    Just realized that I am super calm about this even. I just don't give a s... about who will be first, if I will be in top 100 or whatever. thanks to ragnarok nerf I just realized that it does not metter bcos everything could be changed. I think I gain my life back icon_e_smile.gif. I will play but with small efort. yeah icon_e_smile.gif

Yep, I'm definitely much more relaxed too. Only thing I'm worried about is how to max out iso gain (assuming it's like previous events) while not stealing any Punisher covers from those who actually need them (which coincidentally should give me a new character which I'll probably never use anyway).
  • agreed on the mood for this one. im feeling ultra casual. ill try to max ISO gain and let the overall standings shake out naturally. i have no inclination to grind for 9 days.

best of luck to those of us that are still interested. marc
  • Nemek wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:

Awesome!

Awesome? There's going to be so much bellyaching when people are losing these rewards to people that just started that day and get the 'rubberband effect' win.

I think what made the sub-missions work so well is that all the rewards were pretty much the same (save for a few HP and ISO).