The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• I finished top 100 in this last sub, focused too much on the lightning round so couldn't battle enough in The Hunt.

Also, 4/4/5 is the most popular Ares build but I almost never use the yellow skill.
  • jozier wrote:
    I finished top 100 in this last sub, focused too much on the lightning round so couldn't battle enough in The Hunt.

Also, 4/4/5 is the most popular Ares build but I almost never use the yellow skill.

its the highest damage in current torn and ruin tourney... my area currect level 55 already dealt 4.5k damage upon using it... plus another 1k plus upon count down and heal back ares for 2k i believe icon_mrgreen.gif
    always try to match yellow when i have the chance or i will denied their green before they can match it for their ares >.<
  • His yellow don't matter much right now because you got Spiderman making sure you always end every fight at 100% so you might as well use the 10y toward Web Bandages. But it's a seriously hard hitting skill that can kill 2 guys in this tournament, and even without the boost it's still comparable to Thunder Strike which is probably the best hard hitting yellow skill in the game right now (and likely to be nerfed soon). Sure if they nailed your CD tile then suddenly Sunder is not all that good, but that's why it's so strong if the CD does resolve, and usually not that hard to resolve it.
  • Phantron wrote:
    His yellow don't matter much right now because you got Spiderman making sure you always end every fight at 100% so you might as well use the 10y toward Web Bandages. But it's a seriously hard hitting skill that can kill 2 guys in this tournament, and even without the boost it's still comparable to Thunder Strike which is probably the best hard hitting yellow skill in the game right now (and likely to be nerfed soon). Sure if they nailed your CD tile then suddenly Sunder is not all that good, but that's why it's so strong if the CD does resolve, and usually not that hard to resolve it.

My problem with it, at least in this tournament, is that you can't use it as a finishing move like wolvie's red because then you lose the heal from CD.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Just some questions about the previous hunt, as I started playing MPQ at the very end of it. What was the rewards for brackets there? Was it fairly easy to max out that character like ARES just from the event itself?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    eidehua wrote:
    Just some questions about the previous hunt, as I started playing MPQ at the very end of it. What was the rewards for brackets there? Was it fairly easy to max out that character like ARES just from the event itself?
    IIRC, it was tokens, the only new covers were for placement in the main bracket
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    eidehua wrote:
    IIRC, it was tokens, the only new covers were for placement in the main bracket
    Ah, the new cover was punisher I remember. So they wouldn't just give out a 3* that easily hah.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Mischiefmaker, did you get top 2 in Savage?
  • I did! Did you? I saw you charging there at the end and it was all I could do to hang on.
  • So there are 3 missions left, I haven't started any of said missions yet and I have a 6k lead on #2. I think I am probably good here...no? Probably can only go heavy in one of the three...I mean....its niner playoffs baby! Hopefully I can be low key in two and still get first. Just wish it was a blue instead of a green iw. Or a red/yellow wolvie. Or a new 4****. Or just simply 2500 hp.

Regardless this event has been...profitable.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I just want to point out that this thread already has more posts than the Ragnarok Nerf thread by a wide margin. We were all in a frenzied state about that, but now it has faded to the depths of the forum and we have moved on to more interesting topics. Let this be a reminder to us all: we will get over it! The Thor nerf, Wolvie nerf, Spiderman nerf... it may seem bad, but it will be overshadowed by an exciting new tournament.
  • I've skipped two of the missions and half competed in another and I'm still in 172nd place. Weird.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want to point out that this thread already has more posts than the Ragnarok Nerf thread by a wide margin. We were all in a frenzied state about that, but now it has faded to the depths of the forum and we have moved on to more interesting topics. Let this be a reminder to us all: we will get over it! The Thor nerf, Wolvie nerf, Spiderman nerf... it may seem bad, but it will be overshadowed by an exciting new tournament.
    There were multiple threads raging on. A better comparison would be the 1st hunt rubber banding->err...the event that came after it
  • Kelbris
    I did! Did you? I saw you charging there at the end and it was all I could do to hang on.

Yeah. When I checked the leaderboard with like two minutes left, you were #1 and I was #2. I started getting 15 points per mission so I kind of just stopped.
  • Kelbris
    Spoit wrote:
    There were multiple threads raging on. A better comparison would be the 1st hunt rubber banding->err...the event that came after it

Venom Heroic?
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    I like this event, already managed to get 4/4/5 Ares up to level 69, placed 4th in the first ares tourney with him (got to 1400 before they put the matchmaking patch in). Hes quite fun to play icon_e_smile.gif
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    This event hates me :/
    Subs end at 6am half of the time and I go to sleep at #45 and wake up to a heroic token *sigh*
    The red ares covers sooo evade me.

How do ppl end up getting high places und subs? My listing in the main hunt rarely drops low enough for me to get many ponts in subs..
    I mean I cant get enough points to get the covers I need because missions just dont give them and I cant drop low enough for rubberbanding. And probably ppl in the mainquest will rush past me on the last day, Im desperate :/

*looks at her 3/1/4 Ares*
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    nihilium wrote:
    This event hates me :/
    Subs end at 6am half of the time and I go to sleep at #45 and wake up to a heroic token *sigh*
    The red ares covers sooo evade me.

How do ppl end up getting high places und subs? My listing in the main hunt rarely drops low enough for me to get many ponts in subs..
    I mean I cant get enough points to get the covers I need because missions just dont give them and I cant drop low enough for rubberbanding. And probably ppl in the mainquest will rush past me on the last day, Im desperate :/

*looks at her 3/1/4 Ares*

Rubber banding is not based on the main bracket this time around. So, everybody has an equal chance of winning the subs. The result of that is that it's primarily the same people winning them over and over again. The key to winning is being able to do the 240 missions quickly.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    On what is it based? o.o
    Cant be on the subs, because if I do the quests there fast without many ppl in my bracket yet, I get more points than when Im #300 x.x
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    nihilium wrote:
    On what is it based? o.o
    Cant be on the subs, because if I do the quests there fast without many ppl in my bracket yet, I get more points than when Im #300 x.x

It's based on the overall subs. When you start a sub you might be rank 20000 overall (you can't tell), and thus have a high multiplier.