The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• The 500hp is quite the incentive to try and place in the sub events. Which is really interesting since the main event only tops out at 100hp. Unlike the Hulk event where it wasn't as big of a deal if i didn't place highly. I'm finding it harder to place in this PvE event than I did the previous ones... Although I think I joined halfway through the last Hunt so back then I was just happy to participate icon_e_wink.gif Now i'm all about trying to place well hehe. But some of those 240 and 125 teams can really take their toll icon_e_sad.gif

EDIT: LOL... i remember why i found the hunt so much easier last time. Modern Hawkeye does so much! My level 45 version of him had 8k hp and his purple matches do 150 per... I got into one of the bugged/older versions of the hunt when I logged in today. I didn't realize how much he did.. yeowsah.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    The 500hp is quite the incentive to try and place in the sub events. Which is really interesting since the main event only tops out at 100hp. Unlike the Hulk event where it wasn't as big of a deal if i didn't place highly. I'm finding it harder to place in this PvE event than I did the previous ones... Although I think I joined halfway through the last Hunt so back then I was just happy to participate icon_e_wink.gif Now i'm all about trying to place well hehe. But some of those 240 and 125 teams can really take their toll icon_e_sad.gif

EDIT: LOL... i remember why i found the hunt so much easier last time. Modern Hawkeye does so much! My level 45 version of him had 8k hp and his purple matches do 150 per... I got into one of the bugged/older versions of the hunt when I logged in today. I didn't realize how much he did.. yeowsah.

Hmmmm....my modern hawkeye is still at level 6, wonder if it's time to put some ISO into him LoL.
  • I was able to place 3rd wice and 1st once by ding all my missions at the end and entering the tourney(by doing just hte first node) early, but yet not at the very start(I usually want a few hours after, as the more competitive players tend to enter at the start). All of my positions were achieved without invisible woman. I would have gotten first each time if I had her icon_e_sad.gif...
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    The 500hp is quite the incentive to try and place in the sub events. Which is really interesting since the main event only tops out at 100hp. Unlike the Hulk event where it wasn't as big of a deal if i didn't place highly. I'm finding it harder to place in this PvE event than I did the previous ones... Although I think I joined halfway through the last Hunt so back then I was just happy to participate icon_e_wink.gif Now i'm all about trying to place well hehe. But some of those 240 and 125 teams can really take their toll icon_e_sad.gif

Hmmmm....my modern hawkeye is still at level 6, wonder if it's time to put some ISO into him LoL.
    I should clarify, that's if you get the "old" buggy version of the Hunt, with no Ares. The new version Modern Hawkeye doesn't get such a big boost. I just remembered why last time it "felt" easier than this time. He was boosted so much better last time.
  • Roya PQ wrote:

EDIT: LOL... i remember why i found the hunt so much easier last time. Modern Hawkeye does so much! My level 45 version of him had 8k hp and his purple matches do 150 per... I got into one of the bugged/older versions of the hunt when I logged in today. I didn't realize how much he did.. yeowsah.[/quote
    Also, thor was boosted. Around 2k red and 4k yellow...easily won matches on his own. Also,.they removed environment tile.buffs for characters.
  • Yea, the enviro. tile nerf was the biggest change.

You could throw down a crit tile next to some jungle tiles and it was instant win.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, the enviro. tile nerf was the biggest change.

You could throw down a crit tile next to some jungle tiles and it was instant win.
    I agree. They nerfed the buffed characters tile damage but it also feels like they lowered them for normal characters too... a little too much.
  • In the last tournament you can pretty much go infinite in Danger Room with Hawkeye, since he gets like 300 enviornmental damage on a crit, which will let you place 7 more crit tiles which is almost certain to get another 300 environmental damage back just on pure accident (plus a lot of damage in general).

The buffed character feels like they're just sitting in roughly an equivalent of level 100 for a 2 star character this time. It's definitely not like The Hulk where Wolverine is more like level 200 with buff, and Hawkeye was probably like a level 300 character in The Hunt under his old boosts.
  • Phantron wrote:
    In the last tournament you can pretty much go infinite in Danger Room with Hawkeye, since he gets like 300 enviornmental damage on a crit, which will let you place 7 more crit tiles which is almost certain to get another 300 environmental damage back just on pure accident (plus a lot of damage in general).

The buffed character feels like they're just sitting in roughly an equivalent of level 100 for a 2 star character this time. It's definitely not like The Hulk where Wolverine is more like level 200 with buff, and Hawkeye was probably like a level 300 character in The Hunt under his old boosts.

It's funny as while they nerfed the boosts and boosted generally weaker non thor/wolvie characters they also made the enemies harder with harder lvls and harder team compositions from the last time.

Also, this is new I think, but i realize why the scores in my sub bracket right now r so low (it should be, all things going right, my 3rd top 1 finish out of 4 placing..which in and of itself seems odd to me..). Punisher is required for the lowest one, iw for the second lowest. Most ppl still don't have her AMD many still don't have him. Should have been hulk required since everyone got 2 for free. Before the bottom one required nothing I believe and the second was grey suit.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn it Jozier, I guess I'm going to have to fight with you for top 2 of our bracket. Time to bring my A game.
  • I'm good with a 1 or a 2 lol.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    I'm good with a 1 or a 2 lol.

Gotta fight the guy thats eeking up behind me though.
  • Anyone else not get the 10k reward Aires Cover? I won it but it never showed up in my roster.
  • Sub events have great reward but that is thankfull, because whole event ranking are not really fair (The first is mine has 3K advantage at 23k against 20k for second and third but is not in the same sub-event as us 2 so he seems to be able to score a lot more (was not first in the ten before the start of the last sub event)
  • For whatever reason, I seem to be doing a lot better this time around 50-150 in each event.

Pretty stoked... Until I sleep and people steal my places.
  • has anyone been able to beat. and how lol
    Venom lvl. 200
    Rag lvl. 200
    Ares lvl. 200

thanks!
  • Spiderman makes those battles easy. Otherwise you have to hope for a lot of luck and deny colour.
  • Yea, you need to have Spidey and level 5 stun-lock.
  • eliudgzz wrote:
    has anyone been able to beat. and how lol
    Venom lvl. 200
    Rag lvl. 200
    Ares lvl. 200

thanks!

i use lv45 punisher, lv95 spidey and lv85 thor manage defeat it once and lose about 5 times already... need some luck sometimes especially if the board is full with blue so i can start stacking my stun lock throughout the game... well sometimes depend either venom lock me 1st and they manage cascade several color before i do or i the one get the cascade instead... sometimes luck isnt on my side but i try icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I use IM40, OBW, and Wolvie. Attack tiles, deny Ares yellow to get recharge, blues to heal, and recon to prevent Devour.