*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• His black is good but there's no place for a healing power that isn't downright overpowered like Healing & Heat or Healing Factor in the current game which greatly favors offense. The only usage for this would be if you're facing someone who piled up crazy strike tiles such that it triggers his black on normal matches, though you're already facing some kind of desperation scenario by the time strike tiles pile up to a point where it can trigger black. Deadpool lacks the health to take the biggest attacks so it won't have much effect on AP consuming moves. His black would be better if it scaled downwards, something like jumps in for attack > 400 and heal for 300, which allows it to mitigate the effect of most strike tiles before they got to the 'game over' stage.
  • Are you sure additional black covers reduces the trigger number? The description for L4->L5 from the event only mentioned the improved healing, and same for L3->L4. Is it a hidden change, the way that Intimidation increases damage with covers but doesn't say so in the description?

It's possible.

There appears to several attributes for adding Black covers:

-- The percentage of damage threshold to trigger LotP appears to decrease with additional Black covers. At 1 Black, the threshold is ~15% of Deadpool's max health. At 3 Black (Colognoisseur), the threshold is ~12.75% of max health. (5 Black = 10%???) [Side thought: Could be possibly a side effect of leveling Deadpool, but that seems unlikely.]

-- The percentage of health recovered (based upon damage threshold increases). At 1 Black, 55%; 2 Black - 65%; 3 Black - 75%; 4 Black - 95%; 5 Black = ??? (125%?)

-- Note: These seem contradictory to a degree. If true, wouldn't that mean that a low-leveled, but highly covered Black is most effective in this situation in triggering LotP?

Would need someone to buy and load up a Black cover to see if the damage threshold changes in addition to the percentage healed to verify.
  • Does anyone know if DP's black is true healing?

True Healing confirmed. Deadpool also possesses double speed recovery rates as well out-of-combat.
  • Katai wrote:
    Anyone figure out how Deadpool's black works with Hawkeye's Avoid?

During the PVE event I had Hawkeye set up to throw Patch under the bus when avoid would trigger, but when an attack from Ares hit the # amount for Deadpool's Life of the Party he jumped in front to take the hit since Hawkeye had lower health. I'm pretty sure if Hawkeye had more health than Deadpool but Patch was lower health than Deadpool, avoid would trigger then Deadpool would hop in front of weakened Patch
  • Lyrian wrote:
    There appears to several attributes for adding Black covers:

-- The percentage of damage threshold to trigger LotP appears to decrease with additional Black covers. At 1 Black, the threshold is ~15% of Deadpool's max health. At 3 Black (Colognoisseur), the threshold is ~12.75% of max health. (5 Black = 10%???) [Side thought: Could be possibly a side effect of leveling Deadpool, but that seems unlikely.]

-- The percentage of health recovered (based upon damage threshold increases). At 1 Black, 55%; 2 Black - 65%; 3 Black - 75%; 4 Black - 95%; 5 Black = ??? (125%?)

-- Note: These seem contradictory to a degree. If true, wouldn't that mean that a low-leveled, but highly covered Black is most effective in this situation in triggering LotP?

Would need someone to buy and load up a Black cover to see if the damage threshold changes in addition to the percentage healed to verify.

I have to say you've given me a little to think about in regards to Deadpool's build. Before considering that covers might decrease the threshold, I was 100% committed to the 5/5/3 build as the Black power seems too unreliable to be worth lowering the damage of either red or purple.

I still can't imagine going past 5/4/4 unless the fifth level had a really considerable hidden threshold drop because the 95% healing at level 4 seems more than enough most of the time.

Ultimately, I'll be surprised if anything other than 5/5/3 would be an ideal build based on the rarity of strong purple skills (and his compares very favorably to the best AoE in the game even though it is expensive) and the general unreliability of the black skill.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with a lower threshold is that it seems like he is only healing for a % of that threshold, NOT a % of the damage he actually took. Sure his threshold could be low enough to trigger on any match 3, but if he got hit with a bigger attack, he would only heal for the same amount.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    the most operative phrase in that power being "if someone is going to take xxx amount of damage then deadpool jumps in" so if he's taking a call of the storm, he's only gonna heal at most....maybe 1/4 of that damage with his healing tile.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    The problem with a lower threshold is that it seems like he is only healing for a % of that threshold, NOT a % of the damage he actually took. Sure his threshold could be low enough to trigger on any match 3, but if he got hit with a bigger attack, he would only heal for the same amount.

He is definitely only healing for a percentage of the damage threshold rather than the damage taken. The advantage of the lower threshold would be to allow him to start jumping in front of squishies with the introduction of strike tiles. His move is pretty much always going to process against any damage dealing power as the threshold at 3 covers, lvl 166 is 869 which is why the focus on a lower threshold isn't really about powers.
  • scthottie2 wrote:
    He is definitely only healing for a percentage of the damage threshold rather than the damage taken. The advantage of the lower threshold would be to allow him to start jumping in front of squishies with the introduction of strike tiles. His move is pretty much always going to process against any damage dealing power as the threshold at 3 covers, lvl 166 is 869 which is why the focus on a lower threshold isn't really about powers.

Exactly. And that's why the stats of 5 Black are pertinent here.

Squishies are well... squishy and are usually just mowed down via strike tiles unless a panic button needs to be hit somewhere (say, directly after a "confirmation bias" cascade).

If the percentage damage trigger is simply a functioning of leveling up, and the trigger point is locked at 869 at 166, then LotP is nothing more than "last chance save" against a nuke for a squishy. 869 is high enough that a player can deploy a full set of new and shiny BP strike tiles (non-broken) and easily stay under the 869 trigger point (3* 175 + 200 = 725) . Deadpool would sit there like an idiot while Hood, Storm, Torch or any other squishy gets mauled by match 3s/4s. To that extent, no one is going to care about LoTP because whether Deadpool heals for 600 or 1000 is mostly irrelevant when most 3*** powers land for 3000 and higher.

But.... if the damage trigger threshold is decreased by adding Black covers and at 5 Black reaches a value where it would trigger on strike tile boosted matches, then the skill becomes much more valuable on defense by creating nightmareish situations where the offender would have to burn through Deadpool to get to the squishy. At the guesstimated 10% of Deadpool's max health, which would be 680, that would be in range of BP strike tiles + match damage.

If 5 Black's threshold for triggering is 869 or not much lower, then 5/5/3 is the only plausible build by a country mile.
  • You can see what the 5 black stats looks like because he's 5/4/4 in the loaned version so just check what it upgrades to and it was something like 1100 healed from healing factor. Doesn't say anything about if the threshold is lowered though his skills don't always say everything on the upgrade (purple just tells you about the new whale he's using and not the damage, for example).

But he doesn't have the HP to take a major attack like Fireball and there's no way you should use a character as just an extra lifebar for anyone else, even if it's The Hood who benefits the most from an extra lifebar. As is, the threshold is too high because by the time strike tiles get to that range you're already about to lose the game, and he lacks the overall health to take more than even a couple of major AP consuming moves. This ability isn't designed for you to just shrug off hits but it doesn't even do a good job of acting as a reverse avoid because it's set at very high. If it only took 400 or so to trigger, then at least this kicks in at a time where it matters against most strike tile users (2 or 3 Phermone Rage, 1 Judgment, or 1 Battleplan will all trigger it) where the damage is starting to ramp up and will quickly overwhelm your low HP guys.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to MPQ wiki. Deadpools black when maxed will heal him for more damage than he stepped in for. If you are gonna eat a 2.5k Chemical Reaction I don't think you'll be gaining that life back.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    According to MPQ wiki. Deadpools black when maxed will heal him for more damage than he stepped in for. If you are gonna eat a 2.5k Chemical Reaction I don't think you'll be gaining that life back.

He heals for more than what the minimum trigger damage is when maxed, but nobody said your enemy has to do damage exactly equal to the minimum trigger. Looking at his HP class he's just not going to be able to take multiple strong hits, and you don't heal back anything if that attack killed you.
  • I am disappointed with his healing, I feel it should be more like patches, or like 2 star wolverine. Where you match black and it gives him health back.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure if they find his black to not be triggering much at all overall, they will change it like they changed Spider-man's purple. I honestly think Deadpool will be seeing some change soon, like within the next week or two.
  • You can break down the true healing abilities in this game roughly in a major/minor category. Major would be Healing & Heat and Healing Factor (Patch), which are abilities you build your character and often game around. Minor you got Life of the Party and Healing Factor (Wolverine). They're situational ability that you probably don't max but can provide a small benefit.

The problem is we really have no idea which of those types is intended, or whether this divide is even intended at all. For all we know these healing numbers could've been the result of throwing darts at a board. If you look at the 3* you'll see a random shift between perfectly ordinary characters (Psylocke, Captain Marvel, and a lot more) to totally overpowered P2W like characters (Thor, Sentry, and probably Daken). For the 'perfectly ordinary' category, Deadpool is quite strong. He's quite weak compared to the 'totally overpowered P2W' category, but we don't even know if he's supposed to be in that category. I guess given his popularity he definitely could be one, but there's just no way to know that. If we're sure he's supposed to be a major revenue generating character then he can definitely use a boost in his black to make him on the same tier as other P2W-like characters.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure if they find his black to not be triggering much at all overall, they will change it like they changed Spider-man's purple. I honestly think Deadpool will be seeing some change soon, like within the next week or two.
    I thought that the purple was just changed because they read the spreadsheet wrong. Not because of the outcry that halving the effective defense tile value on top of the funbalancing of everything else actually mattered
  • Phantron wrote:
    His black is good but there's no place for a healing power that isn't downright overpowered like Healing & Heat or Healing Factor in the current game which greatly favors offense. The only usage for this would be if you're facing someone who piled up crazy strike tiles such that it triggers his black on normal matches, though you're already facing some kind of desperation scenario by the time strike tiles pile up to a point where it can trigger black. Deadpool lacks the health to take the biggest attacks so it won't have much effect on AP consuming moves. His black would be better if it scaled downwards, something like jumps in for attack > 400 and heal for 300, which allows it to mitigate the effect of most strike tiles before they got to the 'game over' stage.

I actually like his black, but it has to be at level 5. it's meant for damage absorption for fast cheap skill like mjolnir's might, psy's red and black, laken's (AI-not-so-optimal-4-strike-tiles) blue. cap marvel's red, even AI-dumb-use of punisher's retribution and so on.

So the way i see it, it's useful if you want to protect your glass cannon character.

Imagine you need to fire GSBW's purple, your GSBW's hp only 1000, then deadpool comes to the rescue, heal, then you fire off your DT, snipe and end the game.

It's certainly quite hard to use but it's still better than cap marvel's red imo.

I think i'm the only one considering to have 5/3/5 deadpool.

I'm still not sure if deadpool also protect members from attack tiles. If it does, then it's a good enough skill to have.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    I thought that the purple was just changed because they read the spreadsheet wrong. Not because of the outcry that halving the effective defense tile value on top of the funbalancing of everything else actually mattered
    We're you around when Spider-man first got his purple skill and how lolsy it was? If Deadpool ends up being the same way, they will modify it. (Also, no character has been changed more than Spider-Man oddly enough.)
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    so the number for max level 5 black is around 1200 health healed, but has to take 869 for that to kick in, it really isn't much of a factor, the only upside is that it's like an anger tile in activation, it activates once it's your turn in game. If he had true healing then *maybe* i would go 5/3/5 cause 14 AP is a ton(the one thing though....does 4k damage to all enemies at max), but it'd be used about as much as patch's best of the best....plus it'd most likely wipe the team if used with deadpool points.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I just had the opportunity to fight with Deadpool and trigger his black power (1 cover).

The animation is really funny: he comes back after the hit, wounded but smiling and thumb up, mission done icon_lol.gif
    However I'm not sure to understand how this power works: he jumped in front, took the damage but no countdown tile appeared instead a red mark appeared on his health bar.

What have I missed?