*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As for the WWW power, Deadpool has killed Moby ****. So there is some precedent, if you want to call it that.

Curious about the Deadpool Points, though, and outside of Demiurge proclamation guess we have two more days to wait and find out. Lots of things I can see that could contribute: match damage, points won when he is in the team...
  • Should the title of this thread be changed to *** Deadpool - It's Me, Deadpool! ***
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    5 red is a must. Don't know how good purple will be, so I'm undecided on the build.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Deadpool's passive healing factor is a joke. He should have the best healing factor in the game bar none. It should be similar to patch and Daken but slightly better.

I was super happy to finally be able to play with Deadpool, but once again this game mucked it up.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool's passive healing factor is a joke. He should have the best healing factor in the game bar none. It should be similar to patch and Daken but slightly better.

I was super happy to finally be able to play with Deadpool, but once again this game mucked it up.

It's all about balance. He already has a top tier AoE attack, which has the potential to be boosted further with Deadpool Points. His Red, while mildly situational, is insanely powerful for as cheap as it is.

His black is interesting & fits his personality very well. So it's not the most powerful healing factor in the game. It is interesting to note that it only activates when someone else is in front, not when Deadpool would have taken the damage normally. Was that intentional or just a glitch?
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Pwuz_ wrote:

It's all about balance. He already has a top tier AoE attack, which has the potential to be boosted further with Deadpool Points. His Red, while mildly situational, is insanely powerful for as cheap as it is.

His black is interesting & fits his personality very well. So it's not the most powerful healing factor in the game. It is interesting to note that it only activates when someone else is in front, not when Deadpool would have taken the damage normally. Was that intentional or just a glitch?

I was thinking this might be the first addition of like a superficial character thing that could be bought. Coupled with the explanation in the skill and his face on a HP coin, could it be that spending hero points unlocks different whales whales whales animations?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking this might be the first addition of like a superficial character thing that could be bought. Coupled with the explanation in the skill and his face on a HP coin, could it be that spending hero points unlocks different whales whales whales animations?

The different whales are for each level you have covers for. Using Deadpool Points I would guess uses all 5 at once and bumps up the damage by a large amount. I had read elsewhere someone had mentioned that the developers said (I know a lot of he said she said), something about earning Deadpool Points passively.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I think I was only able to ever get his black to process once this whole pve
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I think I was only able to ever get his black to process once this whole pve

Same here, my last pass through to be exact. The animation is pretty awesome, and the 1 turn CD timer is nice.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    So really on defense, 1 black is enough to force deadpool to be focused first -- otherwise deadpool will jump in, saving a squishy from taking the big damage for a bit (and possibly/most likely healing part of it from the 1 turn cd tile). Since on offense his black is situation and only works on others, I think it's okay to be left at 3-- still heals for a decent amount if it does activate.

His Red is pretty amazing against most BESIDES the highest hp people-- (where the max damage becomes less and less % of the players health)-- but it can deal a lot of damage for 6 AP. His red IS great for hurting priority targets though -- 65%, even if it doesn't hit the max damage is still 65 freaking % of the character's health pool, making it short work to take care of hood/obw/etc after the initial blow with red.

His Purple seems to be a super strong AOE, but I find it not as useful as COTS as a big AOE source. It's just that now purple is not that much of a priority color (maybe against Fury) so matching it lets the enemy team match other more useful colors. While with COTS, you are denying the enemy green matches witch is a very strong color now.
  • eidehua wrote:

His Purple seems to be a super strong AOE, but I find it not as useful as COTS as a big AOE source. It's just that now purple is not that much of a priority color (maybe against Fury) so matching it lets the enemy team match other more useful colors. While with COTS, you are denying the enemy green matches witch is a very strong color now.

Maybe on offense, yes. But on defense, the opposing player has to respect the potential for a 3k+ team AoE and will have to deny purple or else its going to sneak up and SPERM WHALE!!! them. That will cost them valuable turns, similar to the time costs of denying OBW or Fury purple.

But yeah.... that Red pretty much trivializes almost everyone. The whole point of that last team-up in the Villain node of the Deadpool event was to demonstrate how well Deadpool's red brings Sentry to his knee stumps after a single slice of his katanas.
  • 5 red is a must. The balance between black and purple is going to depend on numbers we don't have yet.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Oh man, and I thought there were a lot of complaints about extra health pack necessity previously. Deadpool's Red means fighting against him ever pretty much guarantees a health pack expenditure.
  • Having a strong attack on an off color like purple is a huge strategic advantage. You either force the other team to match a color they usually won't be able to use, or risk letting you pile up for a major attack.

Why do people talk about his red as if it does the more of 3600/65% of current health? It's the less of the two, and at 3600 it's on par with Fireball though it can be launched one match 3 earlier even though the overall cost is the same. This attack favors character with less HP, which is a rather backwards way of balancing the fact that currently characters with a ton of HP have no real drawback.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:

The different whales are for each level you have covers for. Using Deadpool Points I would guess uses all 5 at once and bumps up the damage by a large amount. I had read elsewhere someone had mentioned that the developers said (I know a lot of he said she said), something about earning Deadpool Points passively.

I am wondering too how these Deadpool points will be earned. If anybody has some information or helpful link to share it would be nice.

More than a passive mechanism, I'd like that Deadpool Points will be earned during some very short (24h) PvE featuring a Deadpool's story. Obviously these special PvE would happen without advertisment and without predictable frequency.

I know this is not really likely to happen but it would be a nice addition to the game icon_cool.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    Why do people talk about his red as if it does the more of 3600/65% of current health? It's the less of the two, and at 3600 it's on par with Fireball though it can be launched one match 3 earlier even though the overall cost is the same. This attack favors character with less HP, which is a rather backwards way of balancing the fact that currently characters with a ton of HP have no real drawback.

Harder to deny 2 matches than 3.
  • I had a thought that perhaps the purple whale power would be a meta-reference to whales that pay a lot of real money to play. And, since deadpool is a 4th wall breaking character anyway, he might be self aware that he gets stronger when people pay!
  • DrNitroman wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

I am wondering too how these Deadpool points will be earned. If anybody has some information or helpful link to share it would be nice.

More than a passive mechanism, I'd like that Deadpool Points will be earned during some very short (24h) PvE featuring a Deadpool's story. Obviously these special PvE would happen without advertisment and without predictable frequency.

I know this is not really likely to happen but it would be a nice addition to the game icon_cool.gif

In one of the threads ICE X posted in, i read that he said something like you gain Deadpool Points by winning games while he is equipped...
  • I cam confirm this. I just won a match with Deadpool and got roughly 3000 Deadpool points as a reward. The reward screen said you'll get this once per day.