*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• I used Deadpool maxed at 5/5/3 and set off both A little off the top and Whales Whales Whales against Rag in the Story mission.
    I received 2842 Deadpool points.
    The only variable i can see to earning more points might be tied to Deadpool's health at the end of the match. Because I was maneuvering to fire both red and purple he took some damage.
    We need some more data points to be sure.

We need someone with a high health Deadpool using both abilities
    We need someone to come out with a high health Deadpool who didn't use his abilities.
    We need someone to finish with a high health Deadpool plus having used ALooT
    We need someone to come out with a high health Deadpool havinf used WWW

We need someone with a low health Deadpool using both abilities. (That would be me = 2842 points)
    We need someone to come out with a low health Deadpool who didn't use his abilities.
    We need someone to finish with a low health Deadpool plus having used ALooT
    We need someone to come out with a low health Deadpool having used WWW

I used a lvl 55 1/2/1 Deadpool in my first hood pvp match and got 3094 Deadpool points, used ALotT x2 and WWW as finisher. I thought the points might be based on damage that Deadpool inflicts
  • 3182 Deadpool points versus Prologue Rags; Red + Purple + Black x 1; Deadpool was downed.

3114 Deadpool points versus Prologue Rags; Red + Black x 1; Purple x 0 (was Thunderclaped right on 14 Purple); was downed.

Confirmed: Deadpool points recycle with arrival of Daily Rewards; currently at 6296 DP.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    We need someone with a high health Deadpool using both abilities
    We need someone to come out with a high health Deadpool who didn't use his abilities.
    We need someone to finish with a high health Deadpool plus having used ALooT
    We need someone to come out with a high health Deadpool havinf used WWW

We need someone with a low health Deadpool using both abilities. (That would be me = 2842 points)
    We need someone to come out with a low health Deadpool who didn't use his abilities.
    We need someone to finish with a low health Deadpool plus having used ALooT
    We need someone to come out with a low health Deadpool having used WWW
    Since you're the only one with a maxed Deadpool I trust we'll have our answers in 8 days. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    His red is way OP. It should increase cost AP +1 for each level. At lvl5 it should be 10 red AP at the very least

purple is ok. no worse than BPs black.
  • 3173. 3 covers. Soft leveled to cap. Doom prologue. One Match with patch and doom was dead.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    His red is way OP. It should increase cost AP +1 for each level. At lvl5 it should be 10 red AP at the very least

How is it OP'd?

Human Torch lvl 5 Red

8 AP first cast 6AP each after thant

3390 everytime.

Deadpool Lvl 5 Red

65% but max 3299
    skill has diminishing returns as the game goes on.

If a guy is sitting at 3299 Health HT can down him, DP will hit him for only 2144 leaving him 1154 hp.

His red is not out of line, it's roughly the same dmg per AP as HT, in addition he has nowhere near the heal that Daken or Patch has and while his purple is awesome it's not quick, so basically DP has to live off of his red. If he had a heal like Daken or Patch, then yes his red would be wayyyy out of line, I think right now he's pretty balanced. Assuming you got enough red to casth DP's or HT's each twice more than likely HT will do more damage thus those initial 2 AP that HT has to pay are well worth it.
  • Red Panda wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    So uh... How 'bout A Little Off The Top? That's gotta be one of the best powers I've seen in a long time. icon_lol.gif 3k damage for 6 AP? Awesome.
    They should have kept Deadpool in character and called the ability, "Here, go buy a healthpack"

I'm sure Deadpool arranged to skim "a little off the top" of any Health pack sales and I'm sure his Team Up will pop up often, especially if we are abusing Cmags

oh my god. I didn't even think about this being a team up! Damn it! yeah, Deadpool will always be known to me as health pack killer.
  • Assuming Deadpool gains wide usage he either has to be nerfed or the gameplay has to be changed, and it has nothing to do with how powerful he is (he's not). Taking a level 5 red is pretty much always going to set you back a health pack on anyone besides Daken or Patch, and while that in itself is balanced by the fact that his red cannot kill (6r + any other move is generally enough to kill anyone to begin with), this is not a sustainable game model because it divides players into those who can kill Deadpool before he collects 6 red and those who do not. You'll see games even more dominated by characters who can regen (who can take a hit and then heal back up) or characters who can unfairly put away a game. To make things worse, Patch and Daken can do both.

While Deadpool is nowhere on the same level as Sentry, his move is one match quicker which makes the bar needed to stop him before you take a health pack crippling hit even lower. No you're not going to lose a game for taking a red but using up 2 health packs is often just as bad as losing. Any mid range player who does not have the ability to put Deadpool away before 2 red matches is going to have their playing time severely limited, even though you probably won't actually lose to a team with Deadpool.

So either they're going to make some drastic game changes that makes this fair for everyone (new game modes, massive nerfs to guys who can put Deadpool away before 6 red, or something else equally drastic) or they can nerf Deadpool when the mid tier players face him. Or they can hope Deadpool turns out to be not that popular, but that would suck from D3's point of view.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

How is it OP'd?

Human Torch lvl 5 Red

3390 everytime.

Deadpool Lvl 5 Red

65% but max 3299

If a guy is sitting at 3299 Health HT can down him, DP will hit him for only 2144 leaving him 1154 hp.

His red is not out of line, it's roughly the same dmg per AP as HT, in addition he has nowhere near the heal that Daken or Patch has and while his purple is awesome it's not quick, so basically DP has to live off of his red. If he had a heal like Daken or Patch, then yes his red would be wayyyy out of line, I think right now he's pretty balanced. Assuming you got enough red to casth DP's or HT's each twice more than likely HT will do more damage thus those initial 2 AP that HT has to pay are well worth it.

When either torch / deadpool are on a team theyre going to be the first one focused down, meaning that on defense they arent going to have a ton of turns to do their thing, meaning that a situation where they get off two red attacks is probably just not very common. Furthermore, since the ai is dumb, the difference between 6ap and 8ap is probably like 4 turns+. This means thst youre probably looking at deadpool casting his ability on average on say turn 7 whereas torch getting 1 fireball off would take 11 turns+, making a lot easier to deal with a torch on defense than deadpool. Even though the numbers look similar/balanced, i think in practice deadpools red is going to be significantly better than torches on defense.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    and while that in itself is balanced by the fact that his red cannot kill
    Just to be clear with everyone here, his Red can't kill on its own but it will kill with Strike Tiles. Strike tiles will be applied after the % based damage. So a 5G patch will boost the damage to a ridiculously high amount of damage for 6 Red.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk wrote:

How is it OP'd?

Human Torch lvl 5 Red

3390 everytime.

Deadpool Lvl 5 Red

65% but max 3299

When either torch / deadpool are on a team theyre going to be the first one focused down, meaning that on defense they arent going to have a ton of turns to do their thing, meaning that a situation where they get off two red attacks is probably just not very common. Furthermore, since the ai is dumb, the difference between 6ap and 8ap is probably like 4 turns+. This means thst youre probably looking at deadpool casting his ability on average on say turn 7 whereas torch getting 1 fireball off would take 11 turns+, making a lot easier to deal with a torch on defense than deadpool. Even though the numbers look similar/balanced, i think in practice deadpools red is going to be significantly better than torches on defense.

You are correct, except as the game goes on and it gets to turn 7 or 11, DP's red will do that much less dmg than Torch's. His red is good early to mid game, later on it's not going to be hitting for as much as you need. Because what does DP have? He has 2 actives one costing 6 the other 14, that's avg of 10 AP per active Torch has an 8, 10 and 5 although green your really need 6 to have it do dmg. That's an avg of 8 AP per active, so yeah, DP is gonna need a slightly stronger skill to compensate for his other high costed skill. He's fairly balanced IMO.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

How is it OP'd?

Human Torch lvl 5 Red

3390 everytime.

Deadpool Lvl 5 Red

65% but max 3299

You are correct, except as the game goes on and it gets to turn 7 or 11, DP's red will do that much less dmg than Torch's. His red is good early to mid game, later on it's not going to be hitting for as much as you need. Because what does DP have? He has 2 actives one costing 6 the other 14, that's avg of 10 AP per active Torch has an 8, 10 and 5 although green your really need 6 to have it do dmg. That's an avg of 8 AP per active, so yeah, DP is gonna need a slightly stronger skill to compensate for his other high costed skill. He's fairly balanced IMO.

Yeah, im going to reserve my judgements on if hes balanced until after i get to play with/against the characer for a while. Hes probably fine, but i just wanted to point out that i do expect deadpools red to be significantly better than toches on defense even though on paper it looks like theyre about equal. Whether or not his red is enough to push him into op territory is up in the air, especially since as you said, his purple (along with most abilities that cost more than 12ap) are completely useless on defense. I do expect good things out of him + hood together, so well have to see.
  • Deadpool is balanced on a win/loss basis. He's not balanced against anyone not in the top tier on a health pack basis, and since you can't continue playing the game without health packs, that makes him imbalanced even though he's really not that strong.
  • Phaserhawk
    Yeah, im going to reserve my judgements on if hes balanced until after i get to play with/against the characer for a while. Hes probably fine, but i just wanted to point out that i do expect deadpools red to be significantly better than toches on defense even though on paper it looks like theyre about equal. Whether or not his red is enough to push him into op territory is up in the air, especially since as you said, his purple (along with most abilities that cost more than 12ap) are completely useless on defense. I do expect good things out of him + hood together, so well have to see.

With that we are in agreement. I do see your point though def vs off. As it just takes a simple cascade by the AI to get 6 and smash you're face with Deadpool. I guess my only question is if you are running a team that isn't at full health due to grinding, and you come up against a Deadpool, the match might slightly be in your favor since he can't hit you as hard with red as he would if you were at full health, wheras Torch is gonna hit you hard regardless. Even if red does turn out to be OP, the fact that he can't heal passively like Daken or Patch makes him more manageable to deal with. He is a very needed color option though as I have been waiting for red/purp/black for awhile.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Phaserhawk wrote:

With that we are in agreement. I do see your point though def vs off. As it just takes a simple cascade by the AI to get 6 and smash you're face with Deadpool. I guess my only question is if you are running a team that isn't at full health due to grinding, and you come up against a Deadpool, the match might slightly be in your favor since he can't hit you as hard with red as he would if you were at full health, wheras Torch is gonna hit you hard regardless. Even if red does turn out to be OP, the fact that he can't heal passively like Daken or Patch makes him more manageable to deal with. He is a very needed color option though as I have been waiting for red/purp/black for awhile.

First, for those that are too lazy to look up Colognoisseur's roster for Deadpool:

Red: 65% of current health, up to 3299 max to targeted opponent
    Purple: 4069 to opposing team

Next, I'm also a bit apprehensive about pre-declaring 5/5/3 the best outright build. I would agree that would be the best pure offense build. That said, Life of the Party's value is a bit hard to ascertain at the moment. It appears to be percentage based for activation based upon Deadpool's max health and the number of covers in Black (more covers = lower trigger %, seems to be 1% less per cover). From Deadpool's event, LotP was hard to activate because his health pool was rather high at 249. At 166, the trigger value is much more realistic. During the event, I had multiple instances where the AI was trying to chain multiple attacks to down my Daken in one turn. In each instance, right before the deathblow to Daken from Ares (via Sunder or Onslaught), Deadpool would step in say "NOPE!" to the enemy team. As we all know, a regenerating character left at 10% life might as well be at 100% life. Deadpool steps in rather well in stopping intentional focus bombing of a targeted character.

That said, his Black appears to be designed to require 5 to generate any net healing benefit for Deadpool. 3 Black is a net loss, while 4 is roughly neutral. It is also possible that 5 Black may lower the damage threshold to a level that would allow for LotP to proc on normal match + moderate strike damage, which would be incredibly annoying to a defender (especially if the protected character is Hood). I can see an opponent matching (with match bonus boosts + strike tiles) trying to down Hood, only after every match to see Deadpool trolling them with a smile and big thumbs up after every match 3.

Also note that we were **not** given a 5 Black Deadpool on any of the Team-Up nodes in his event. Hrmm...
  • Phaserhawk
    Lyrian wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

First, for those that are too lazy to look up Colognoisseur's roster for Deadpool:

Red: 65% of current health, up to 3299 max to targeted opponent
    Purple: 4069 to opposing team

Next, I'm also a bit apprehensive about pre-declaring 5/5/3 the best outright build. I would agree that would be the best pure offense build. That said, Life of the Party's value is a bit hard to ascertain at the moment. It appears to be percentage based for activation based upon Deadpool's max health and the number of covers in Black. From Deadpool's event, LotP was hard to activate because his health pool was rather high at 249. At 166, the trigger value is much more realistic. During the event, I had multiple instances where the AI was trying to chain multiple attacks to down my Daken in one turn. In each instance, right before the deathblow to Daken from Ares (via Sunder or Onslaught), Deadpool would step in say "NOPE!" to the enemy team. As we all know, a regenerating character left at 10% life might as well be at 100% life. Deadpool steps in rather well in stopping intentional focus bombing of a targeted character.

That said, his Black appears to be designed to require 5 to generate any net healing benefit for Deadpool. 3 Black is a net loss, while 4 is roughly neutral. It is also possible that 5 Black may lower the damage threshold to a level that would allow for LotP to proc on normal match + moderate strike damage, which would be incredibly annoying to a defender (especially if the protected character is Hood). I can see an opponent matching (with match bonus boosts + strike tiles) trying to down Hood, only after every match to see Deadpool trolling them with a smile and big thumbs up after every match 3.

Also note that we were **not** given a 5 Black Deadpool on any of the Team-Up nodes in his event. Hrmm...

I agree, I won't finalize my spec for him until I can see a lvl 5 black, do we know of any?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

I agree, I won't finalize my spec for him until I can see a lvl 5 black, do we know of any?

I can't find one through searching the usual alliances.
  • Are you sure additional black covers reduces the trigger number? The description for L4->L5 from the event only mentioned the improved healing, and same for L3->L4. Is it a hidden change, the way that Intimidation increases damage with covers but doesn't say so in the description?
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone figure out how Deadpool's black works with Hawkeye's Avoid?
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone know if DP's black is true healing?