*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• The difference between 4 Red and 5 Red is huge at 20% of the opponent's life bar.

Do we know if the max damage for Red is tied to Deadpool's level (like the trigger threshold for Black) or does adding covers raises the skill's max damage rating?

In other words, at 4 Red, is the damage the worse of 45% or 3300 points, or is max damage reduced as well at 4 Red?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:
    The difference between 4 Red and 5 Red is huge at 20% of the opponent's life bar.

Do we know if the max damage for Red is tied to Deadpool's level (like the trigger threshold for Black) or does adding covers raises the skill's max damage rating?

In other words, at 4 Red, is the damage the worse of 45% or 3300 points, or is max damage reduced as well at 4 Red?

I beleive the max dmg is the same no matter what, so if you had a 3/5/5, 4/5/4 or 5/5/3 Deadpool, he's going to max out at 3299. however at lvl 3 if they are below 9425 Health, you begin to do less dmg, lvl 4 it's 7331, and lvl 5 it's 5075.

Above 9425 Health Lvl 3-5 do 3299 dmg
    Between 9425 to 7331 Health Lvl 4-5 3299 dmg
    Between 7331 to 5075 Health Lvl 5 3299 dmg

So as you can see the max is always the max, but obviously you can keep doing the max dmg more if you have it leveled.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    At 1219 per attack, LoTP will absorb/mitigate most minor attack powers, but who really uses them outside of being forced to do so in Heroic limited roster events? Way too much damage has to be given up to accommodate 5 Black.

The only thing I can think of is matches after a level 5 Berserk Rage goes off icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:
    The difference between 4 Red and 5 Red is huge at 20% of the opponent's life bar.

Its the worse of 45% or 3.3k hp. I think mischief was pointing out that the difference between 4 and 5 red is at most 700 damage, which isnt nearly as impressive as the extra 20% hp it deceivingly states.
  • Lyrian wrote:

Its the worse of 45% or 3.3k hp. I think mischief was pointing out that the difference between 4 and 5 red is at most 700 damage, which isnt nearly as impressive as the extra 20% hp it deceivingly states.

Hrmm... Maybe not.

In the opening node of the main map of the TaT event, players are granted a 179 4/4/5 Deadpool.

His 4 Red (@179) states: 45% damage with a max of 2446 (not 3299). This would imply that Red max damage is tied to the number of Red covers.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I thought they made it clear they want to move away from mere percentage-based powers when they OPed/nerfed/balanced Falcon. Upon his first tease, he used to have crazy percentage numbers for yellow: buff friendly tiles 30/40/50/60/70%; then it was nerfed shortly to 30% max or something and finally to what we have now, to avoid purposefully keeping Falcon low-level.
  • locked wrote:
    I thought they made it clear they want to move away from mere percentage-based powers when they OPed/nerfed/balanced Falcon. Upon his first tease, he used to have crazy percentage numbers for yellow: buff friendly tiles 30/40/50/60/70%; then it was nerfed shortly to 30% max or something and finally to what we have now, to avoid purposefully keeping Falcon low-level.

That's why he does the less of a fixed max damage or X% of someone's life. Even in the best case it's never more than the fixed max damage, which is a lot but it doesn't scale upward like Punisher does. If you're fighting a level 395 Juggernaut with 30K+ HP, you'd still only do about 3600 damage with his red. In this case doing a % of someone's life is a detriment, not a bonus, because you always get the lesser of the two values and sometimes even 65% of someone's current life is a lot less than 3600.
  • This may be off topic but...how do some ppl already have topped out do?
  • eris-wtga wrote:
    This may be off topic but...how do some ppl already have topped out do?

spend 12500 HP on 10 covers purchase
    spend 170k ISO to level up DP.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yup, all of the 'take X damage' passives have been way too high to actually trigger reliably other than hulk's

And after the max level increase to 166, I'd say Hulk's doesn't trigger reliably either unless there's powerful strike tiles out.

I like Deadpool's ability at 5 black more than most. That's an ability which will wipe out most or all of the damage suffered from all kinds of abilities which you take on offense in both PvE and PvP, and on defence makes sure the enemy has to kill Deadpool first and thus buys more time for the AI to build up to stuff that will really hurt (like, say, Thunder Strike-Call The Storm).

I'm not a big fan of WWW just because on offence a 14AP ability with no acceleration is not something you can build around or rely on getting it out before the other team hits you with something big, and on defence it will definitely never get out because Deadpool will be the first to die. I suppose that could change once we see what a fully powered WWW can do and how often we're likely to see that ever happen.
  • over_clocked
    Phantron wrote:
    That's why he does the less of a fixed max damage or X% of someone's life. Even in the best case it's never more than the fixed max damage, which is a lot but it doesn't scale upward like Punisher does. If you're fighting a level 395 Juggernaut with 30K+ HP, you'd still only do about 3600 damage with his red. In this case doing a % of someone's life is a detriment, not a bonus, because you always get the lesser of the two values and sometimes even 65% of someone's current life is a lot less than 3600.
    It's not like guys with less than 5k health present much threat in the current meta anyway so they don't warrant heavy-gunning. I think Deadpool's red is super fine because it deals huge damage per AP in the best scenario (used early against any 5k+ characters and used mid-game against any 8,5k+ characters). It's alright for red to have some narrow functionality because huge damage compensates for that. Of course Punisher's red will always stay the most powerful theoretically, but then you have problems like even surviving match damage from guys that have 20k+ health.
    Where did you get that 3600 figure? Deadpool's limit is 3299 damage which amounts to almost exactly 65% of Hood's life (and Mororo's) = 3315.
  • locked wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's not like guys with less than 5k health present much threat in the current meta anyway so they don't warrant heavy-gunning. I think Deadpool's red is super fine because it deals huge damage per AP in the best scenario (used early against any 5k+ characters and used mid-game against any 8,5k+ characters). It's alright for red to have some narrow functionality because huge damage compensates for that. Of course Punisher's red will always stay the most powerful theoretically, but then you have problems like even surviving match damage from guys that have 20k+ health.
    Where did you get that 3600 figure? Deadpool's limit is 3299 damage which amounts to almost exactly 65% of Hood's life (and Mororo's) = 3315.

That was the number i remember from the PvE event but he's higher than 166 I think? Probably overestimated it.

His red is quite good in the current meta game where a character's ability to do damage seems to increase linearly with the amount of total HP you have (Sentry, Thor) but in theory it's supposed to be the other way around. Characters with the least HP like The Hood or Storm ought to be hitting the hardest while characters like Sentry and Thor should be rock bottom in terms of damage. This is obviously not what's happening right now. But all the high HP high damage guys seem to be so powerful in general that they can take the full damage and still outdamage Deadpool in most circumstances. I guess you can't expect much when characters are as out of balance as they're right now.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i gotta say, hitting whales is about the most satisfying AOE attack in the game if for nothing than the sound effect of the whale hitting. On topic, his red i think is the biggest threat cause it's really really hard to deny 6 ap, and with boosts(something i did and i must say it's quite exquisite) you can do it without even matching anything, just start the game, boom! 3300 damage to anyone over 5k health. also it can actually go past 65% with strike tiles which is pretty awesome. His black is too situational for me i think, even at max level you have to take over 869 damage AND have someone with less health, which considering his max is only 6800 means it's useless with thor or sentry.
  • i gotta say, hitting whales is about the most satisfying AOE attack in the game if for nothing than the sound effect of the whale hitting.

THIS. SO MUCH icon_mrgreen.gif

I've found myself taking a wee bit more damage just to get the whales launched. So worth it.
  • Phaserhawk
    From what I understood, you collect the Deadpool points, once you hit the 20,000K, I beleive all the points are spent on next activation of the skill doing an aoe of 20,000 dmg to the entire enemy team. I have a feeling instead of throwing one whale, you throw all 5, which 20000/5 is 4000, and the skill maxed does 4069, very close to 4000. So my guess is that, once 20K points hit, Deadpool throws all five whales at the enemy team doing a total of 20K AoE dmg
  • Phaserhawk
    playing with Mr. Wilson for a bit I think I"m ready to rank him. All rankings are out of 10

Health:--6/10

Red--8/10 I would give this a 9, but because it can't always be reliable I took it down a notch, still one of the best red skills in the game
    Purple:10/10 This is the highest damaging purple skill in the game, while Mags can do more, it can only do to one target
    Black:N/A

Overall Dmg output: 7/10

Speed:
    Red--9/10. Since 5 is the new base, being at 6 is pretty fast
    Purple--1/10. Very slow
    Black--N/A

Overall Speed. 6/10

Utility: 6/10 This requires explanation. I would give him a 5 but do to his healing factor he's the kind of guy that you can use quite often. His purple while powerful is not useful all that much since 14 AP is forever, but because his black is questionably useful at that, you have to pretty much level him 5/5/3. Deadpool is the guy that quickly hits the big guys for some quick cheap dmg then hopefully blocks dmg and collects purple to finish the game. So his overall utility and usefulness is just slightly above avg.

Overall Character Avg 6.25/10

However, with Deadpool, I will round him up to 7/10, why? Well for 2 intangibles. 1 the healing, he along with the other fast healers will make him a guy you can go to. Second, he requires immediate focus when you are attacking a team with Deadpool as a defender. The reason is that he will block the damage for higher priority targets, thus Deadpool will buy a defending team time. Imaging pairing him with say Thor and Hood. Because any large dmg moves aimed at Hood will be blocked by Deadpool, you will have to target him first. The problem is that this eats up precious time that could be spent taking out hood while all the while Thor is slowly ramping up yellow and Green and until you finish Deadpool off, he can hit you hard with aLOtT. Deadpool therfore creates some interesting problems for attackers and why I will give him a round up and not a round down so.

My official and totally opionated non realiable ranking of Deadpool

Deadpool: 7/10
  • over_clocked
    Come on, if Moonstone gets by thanks to long legs and pretty hair, let Deadpool have another half point for breaking the 4th wall and having nice PJs.
  • I have him at level 60 and 4/4/2. He's a pretty solid character, but like i said before he needs more health. Someone pointed out that his black gives him health back, so his health should be low. HAHAHAHA his health rengen is terrible and not worth 5 black. If it was like patch then i could see, but he needs to be at least around 7500 health.

On another note, his pink is great but costs so much. Bp black is 12 and does extreme damage, so i think his pink should be no more than 12. I think alot of people are thinking about going 5/3/5 despite the poll votes. I myself will go 5/5/3 because his black is pretty useless.

Just my opinion.
  • Phantron wrote:
    His red is quite good in the current meta game where a character's ability to do damage seems to increase linearly with the amount of total HP you have (Sentry, Thor) but in theory it's supposed to be the other way around. Characters with the least HP like The Hood or Storm ought to be hitting the hardest while characters like Sentry and Thor should be rock bottom in terms of damage. This is obviously not what's happening right now. But all the high HP high damage guys seem to be so powerful in general that they can take the full damage and still outdamage Deadpool in most circumstances. I guess you can't expect much when characters are as out of balance as they're right now.

Huh? The Hood and Storm are utility characters, not damage. And they'd be way too OP with tank health levels. And Sentry needs his high health because otherwise he'd kill himself before the enemy. And LThor makes up for his power by being slow. He needs 12 yellow to do anything worthwhile.
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Yup, all of the 'take X damage' passives have been way too high to actually trigger reliably other than hulk's

And after the max level increase to 166, I'd say Hulk's doesn't trigger reliably either unless there's powerful strike tiles out.

Any 3* action which would have triggered the ability before max level increase, will still trigger it now. It's only 2*s and below that need to work harder to piss Hulk off now.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought match damage didn't scale as proportionately, so you'd need even more strikes for match to trigger anger