*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have a 1/0/1 Deadpool. Used him this morning in prologue. Didn't take a hit, used ALOtT once, got 3022 Deadpool points.

Also saw Electro has the 5/3/5 build.
  • Ok so based on Electro's maxed 5/3/5 Deadpool, the black activation threshold remains the same from 3-5 covers. Dropping purple to 3 covers also sacrifices nearly 2000 damage. I think the argument here is settled. Black is way too unreliable with too high an activation threshold to be effective and purple is one of the premier AoE attacks in the game on a color that is traditionally weak. 5/5/3 all the way.
  • Mental brain skip of the morning.... Electro is in which alliance?
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Mental brain skip of the morning.... Electro is in which alliance?
    The X-Men
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So basically... 5/5/3 and nothing else is even remotely optimal.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    So basically... 5/5/3 and nothing else is even remotely optimal.

I'd have to agree. Unless the damage required drops or the entire skill is reworked (e.g. closer to Healing Factor or a Avoid/Anger hybrid), losing that much damage in WWW doesn't seem worth it.
  • So basically... 5/5/3 and nothing else is even remotely optimal.

Yeah, that's a wrap here.

Thinking about the situation a bit more, I want to say the IceIX said (somewhere around the Falcon change) that they wanted to require players to level up characters to receive the benefits of powerful skills. That would make sense here as the trigger percentage is indeed a function of leveling up and not tied to Black covers. Deadpool's Red appears to work in the same way, in that at 1 Red, 25% of the opponent's life will almost never be taken with a damage cap of 508 (at 55).

In the end for 5 Black:

++ Damage healed is 140% of trigger value (higher than expected)
    -- But, the trigger is high enough to ensure that only powers will trigger it, thus being very easy to work around even with moderate use of strike tiles.
    -- 2 additional black covers only regenerates 562 more health per power attack, which is rather awful, especially compared to Patch/Daken.
    -- To accommodate 5 Black, either Red, Purple, or both must be weakened. 3 Purple (per Electro), results in a 46% reduction of power in Whales(4069 vs. 2191), a loss of up to 5634 damage per attack.

At 1219 per attack, LoTP will absorb/mitigate most minor attack powers, but who really uses them outside of being forced to do so in Heroic limited roster events? Way too much damage has to be given up to accommodate 5 Black.

For the sake of completionism, do we have the percentages for Deadpool's Red? 25%--> 30% --> (35/40%?) --> (45/50%?) --> 65%
  • So i figured out after some battles you generate Deadpool money, but I can't figure out now to spend it.
  • I was under the impression that collecting them just made the attack stronger?

Maybe once you use it after they max it resets?

Could just be a Deadpool troll
  • It's my understanding you have to have multiple levels of the purple, and you normally use the max level, but can spend points to use every previous level.
  • Hey, I just got some Deadpool points...

Unfortunately, I don't have any Purple covers for him. icon_e_sad.gif No whales for me.
  • mischiefmaker
    mischiefmaker Posts: 932
    edited August 2014
    Agreed that 5/5/3 is definitely the way to go, but 4/5/4 isn't that much worse. Assuming the progression is 25-30-40-50-65 and that the max is determined solely by level, here's the damage difference between L4 red and L5 red for different levels of enemy health:
    health  L4      L5      diff
    5100    2550    3299    749
    6800    3299    3299    0
    8500    3299    3299    0
    9590    3299    3299    0
    10200   3299    3299    0

1801    901     1171    270
    2550    1275    1658    383
    3501    1751    2276    525
    5201    2601    3299    698
    6291    3146    3299    153
    6901    3299    3299    0

The first table is the difference between L4 and L5 red, as applied to the full health of each of the 3* characters and Nick Fury. As you can see, the only difference here is going to be against Hood, and even then the difference is probably a little less than 700 damage since you're almost certainly going to hit him first with your match-3s while you get the 6 red.

The second table is the difference between L4 and L5 on the second hit of alott*. There's more of a difference here, but again it's not huge.

* Every time I see alott, I think of this. Alot of whales?

Now, L4 black is a pretty marginal upgrade over L3, so I'm not advocating 4/5/4 as a better build, but 4/5/4 is probably easier to get than 5/5/3 depending on how cover rewards go. It's kind of like Sentry: sure, 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 are best, but 4/5/4 is good enough where you can probably find some place better to spend your resources.

EDIT: Blah, never mind. At 45% v. 65% the best-case scenario is a difference of over 1k health, which is pretty significant. I'm still not sure I'd spend considerable effort or hp on going from 4/5/4 to 5/5/3 if that's how the covers came in, but 5/5/3 is definitely superior.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red percentages are on the first page of the thread. We know what those are already. No need to theorize about what the percentages may be.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, all of the 'take X damage' passives have been way too high to actually trigger reliably other than hulk's
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yup, all of the 'take X damage' passives have been way too high to actually trigger reliably other than hulk's
    This is too bad because if Marvel and Deadpool's passives had a bit lower thresholds, we would have a few more options to counter LD's strike tile bonanza. I feel like that would add some nice variety in how you could approach fighting him. Unfortunately we are left with Deadpool's black which is below average at best and Marvel's yellow which can help speed up red dominant characters such as HT and LC but still doesn't activate often enough to be an elite defensive power.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    scthottie2 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    This is too bad because if Marvel and Deadpool's passives had a bit lower thresholds, we would have a few more options to counter LD's strike tile bonanza. I feel like that would add some nice variety in how you could approach fighting him. Unfortunately we are left with Deadpool's black which is below average at best and Marvel's yellow which can help speed up red dominant characters such as HT and LC but still doesn't activate often enough to be an elite defensive power.
    Sentry + Captain Marvel. Supernova will blow up the red strike tiles, blow up Daken for a good amount of health, cascade into AP, and return 5 Red + 3 Black (or whatever it is) from Marvel's proc. You'll also reduce the number of Red's on the board limiting Daken's strike tiles. I'd rather take a unboosted World Rupture to the face than let Daken produce 300+ damage per timer.
  • All the whales I have checked either have not put HP into powers or are all the way maxed already. Could someone help me with just the base powers to fill in the blanks for his compendium? Need to locate a standard level 40 Deadpool with maxed covers(a whale that has spent money on covers but not yet on leveling). Thank you for your help.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red percentages are on the first page of the thread. We know what those are already. No need to theorize about what the percentages may be.

What he was trying to show was that unless an oppoent is below 5100 health, you will always meet the max damage of 3299 wether red's at lvl 4 or lvl 5 since the percentages would obviously take more than max dmg.

Unless lvl 5 black reduces the dmg that Deadpool would step in for, it's not really worth the investment. You will more than likely be taking more dmg than you are going to be healing for. Even if you can jump in at 849 and heal back 1000, the odds of the dmg coming in at those numbers being less than 1000 are slim. Best example, think Chemical Reaction, you are gonna be eating 2.5K alot of times, even if you could heal back for 1500 you are at a loss. Black is good for helping squishies like Torch, Hood, Storm and extending their life and Deadpool able to negate some of the dmg dealt is nice. that' swhy his red is so strong and his purple game ending, he really isn't going to heal much
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:

What he was trying to show was that unless an oppoent is below 5100 health, you will always meet the max damage of 3299 wether red's at lvl 4 or lvl 5 since the percentages would obviously take more than max dmg.
    OnesOwnGrief was responding to this line...
    Agreed that 5/5/3 is definitely the way to go, but 4/5/4 isn't that much worse. Assuming the progression is 25-30-40-50-65 and that the max is determined solely by level, here's the damage difference between L4 red and L5 red for different levels of enemy health
    Because the values are known we don't have to guess.