Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    Like reunions all over this sharding
    Well, with bracket sizes of 5000, you're bound to end up with quite a few fellow crazies.

...These are not the droids you're looking for...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like they changed the reward structure a tiny bit in PvP. 600 cover is at 500. No more 3 x standard covers below 2* cover rewards (only 2 now). And there seems to be a bit of 25 HP added in progression rewards. Not sure what they changed those with.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    IIRC - IceIX said that tourneys different than 1buffed char bring lower revenue.

---

I remember the times when I was expanding my roster - I got soooo bored with Pun + OBW that I started trying different builds. Some were good, some were lame. Until I got covers for CMags. Winning with him is easy and fast, so it's hard not to use him (along with Patch).

Same team for last x tourneys (I think about 1.5 seasons).

Not to mention that lately we got CMags and Patch tourneys...

I really liked Bad is Good - Ares shined. Those with maxed Bullseye got some good scores.

We got Psylocke and lately Mororo - it BEGS for No Man's Land. What's more - quite a lot of people leveled IW, so we would see her as well. Hell, even facing Moonstone was something new - good hp, strong purple.

Divine Champions - LThor, Ares, Rags. Was Storm included? Still a fun tourney.

Lone Star Skirmish - I absolutely love this tourney. Just for this tourney I maxed Venom and Jugger to have some roster diversity and when someone was down I was able to switch to another char. Not to mention I listened to one of the S.H.I.E.L.D members (Bugpop?) and respec'd IM35 to 355 and really looking forward to try him.

Can they even have an effective Lone Star event anymore? With them handing out 2* covers like Tic-Tacs, I don't think anyone who started the game in the last few months even has a viable 1* team. I'm on day 127 (I lost my original account after about a month and had to start over), and never really bothered building a solid 1* roster. I still have my IM35 hanging around at lvl 50, but that's it. The jump to a 2* roster is so quick, I don't think anyone wasted time leveling up their 1* heroes or kept them around after making the transition. I just dumped my 1* Storm when I added her lazy 3* version. I obviously had all the covers, but she was at like level 10 or something and there's no way i was going to waste iso that i need for my top 3* heroes to get her to 50.

Maybe it would make it worthwhile to have some 1*s on your team, but most people who don;t want to spend a bunch of $/hp will dump them for higher level heroes instead of expanding their roster. I know at this point I would dump Jugs, Venom, or Modern Widow rather than spend 450hp or more to add a 36th roster spot. I do wish that 1* were somehow more worthwhile, but would take more than just one PvP event that i would prob rather use as a nice little break from the game at this point.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What they should be doing is running these optional style of tournies for a week in between seasons. Allows for some variety and release the burden that is constant playing for a week. Kind of like how this pve is optional.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    What they should be doing is running these optional style of tournies for a week in between seasons. Allows for some variety and release the burden that is constant playing for a week. Kind of like how this pve is optional.
    This. I was not a fan of how they ended Season 2 then jumped right into 3. I would have enjoyed a week in between to rest. Guess its not that important. Tournaments I am starting to hit once about 10 hours before end, shield at 8hrs or less and call it a day. 2 hours of play is still enough to place within top 25 if not higher.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With the rate at which you can rack up 2* covers just by playing PvP, 1* characters are basically obsolete aren't they? Lone Star probably never happening again.

I still think that even if the rate of pack buying isn't as good for the tournaments other than "boosted 3* character + 2", they should run one now and then to keep people's interest more in the game.

Or they could do packs based on one 3* character, same as normal, even while doing a tournament based around multiple different characters. Presumably the buy rate goes down because people are trying their luck to get the specific 3* featured in the tourney and don't want a more varied pack- they can keep doing the "popular" pack type while mixing up the tournament style.

I would imagine their numbers are also affected by doing things like Lone Star or Bad is Good where a lot of people wouldn't have rosters that can compete at all, at least can't compete against their usual MMR bracket. But things like an Avengers tournament, Divine Champions, No Man's Land or a Villains tournament generally (as opposed to just Dark Avengers) should still be highly populated.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    With the rate at which you can rack up 2* covers just by playing PvP, 1* characters are basically obsolete aren't they?

If you have a solely 2* roster (as I do), mStorm still has a place with her board blitzing abilities, and Juggernaut can be an annoying defensive sub if paired with Ares (b/c of speed with which they can dent your health). The rest are pretty unnecessary, though I've used IM35 here and there in the PvE just for change of pace while grinding nodes.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    With the rate at which you can rack up 2* covers just by playing PvP, 1* characters are basically obsolete aren't they?

If you have a solely 2* roster (as I do), mStorm still has a place with her board blitzing abilities, and Juggernaut can be an annoying defensive sub if paired with Ares (b/c of speed with which they can dent your health). The rest are pretty unnecessary, though I've used IM35 here and there in the PvE just for change of pace while grinding nodes.
    And MBW is up there as one of the better stunners now
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, 2/5 mbw and 5/5/3 mstorm are still useful, even though they're *'s. IM35 turns into a pumpkin pretty quick though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man I was getting my hopes up for an easy season bracket then I saw walkyourpath and someone else from shield lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Looks like they changed the reward structure a tiny bit in PvP. ... No more 3 x standard covers below 2* cover rewards (only 2 now). ... Not sure what they changed those with.

This change makes total sense to me. If the 2* cover wasn't one you needed, then you were better off doing poorly in an event to get the 3x standard covers - not only did those covers give you a small shot at something you actually do need, but even if you pulled absolute garbage, it was still worth more ISO. 300 for three 1*s vs 250 for one 2*.

Not a big deal, but it was a little nonsensical to have a lesser reward be objectively better. Now the 2x covers still give you a shot at something grand but since the ISO payout is worse if you don't luck out, it's actually a gamble to aim for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Looks like they changed the reward structure a tiny bit in PvP. ... No more 3 x standard covers below 2* cover rewards (only 2 now). ... Not sure what they changed those with.

This change makes total sense to me. If the 2* cover wasn't one you needed, then you were better off doing poorly in an event to get the 3x standard covers - not only did those covers give you a small shot at something you actually do need, but even if you pulled absolute garbage, it was still worth more ISO. 300 for three 1*s vs 250 for one 2*.

Not a big deal, but it was a little nonsensical to have a lesser reward be objectively better. Now the 2x covers still give you a shot at something grand but since the ISO payout is worse if you don't luck out, it's actually a gamble to aim for it.

Think we can expect a tweak to LR reward structures then? Seems wrong that coming in 26th is better than coming in 25th.
  • Unknown
    Options
    demiser951 wrote:
    Man I was getting my hopes up for an easy season bracket then I saw walkyourpath and someone else from shield lol

Yeah, with a 5000 player bracket there are no easy ones unfortunately. I saw Jazz5 and Chimaera too. Plenty of ballers in the mix. Top 10 is a fun goal but all I really care about is Fury.

Edit: Just spotted Kiddicarus too!
  • Unknown
    Options
    demiser951 wrote:
    There is literally no chance You won't get some crazies in Your bracket.

The only sensible way - skip first tourney of the Season. Do not touch Shield Simulator. Then join the second tourney late, like in the last 24hrs.

TBH too many drawbacks though:
    1. you skip 1 tourney, so no ISO, no covers, no HP
    2. not much of a help for Your alliance...
    3. if the first tourney got covers you want, they are still better than a small chance in 20-40 Heroic Tokens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    demiser951 wrote:
    There is literally no chance You won't get some crazies in Your bracket.

The only sensible way - skip first tourney of the Season. Do not touch Shield Simulator. Then join the second tourney late, like in the last 24hrs.

TBH too many drawbacks though:
    1. you skip 1 tourney, so no ISO, no covers, no HP
    2. not much of a help for Your alliance...
    3. if the first tourney got covers you want, they are still better than a small chance in 20-40 Heroic Tokens.

you would have still ended up in my bracket. i joined w/ 9h left on first pvp, and was the 8th person in my s3 bracket. w/ 6h to go on the 2nd pvp, my bracket was only at 4.7k, and i don't think it filled till like 1h left or something.

of course, i got sharded away from the 4x 5dvs in my first pvp bracket somehow, so i have a 1.6k lead in s3 right now. and only 1.7k people were in that bracket when the first pvp ended. pretty sweet deal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm in your bracket bloodwars, you're running away with it at the moment. I'm around 20th currently, need to spend more time in the Shield Sim so I don't fall too far behind, as I'm actually enjoying PvP again at the moment!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well holding on to first right now but I know most u guys don't touch to shield sim too like last day. First season finished 26 2nd fished 24 so this is already much better
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) Gypsy-Danger 8.205
    2) Electro. 8017
    3) Flo98 6.568
    4) Raven Heart 6.414

Me: 3.507
    Yeah, not even gonna try.
    I'll see that I'm above 1000 in every PVP just for myself, and that is that.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Mine's not that bad but most of the top 10 are over 5000 compared to my 2500...

If I hit my 800-900 mark in every PVP I'll be happy. It's not like heroic tokens have been giving me anything good lately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bragging time!

So who got to 3.5k pts already, without touching Shield Training?

I got brilliant weekend- since Friday, I obtained 13 new covers:
    4 Spider
    4 Torch
    Blue IW for respec
    Red IM40 for respec
    Falcon as progression
    Mororo as progression
    Mororo as token

Happy Emeryt is happy.