Season III: Jun 15 - July 13

Options
Well we all saw this coming.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They lowered the 3-star covers.

For everyone whining that the devs never listen and never adjust, keep right on with the sky-is-falling talk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm kind of intrigued that Dr. Doom is the 2400 shield reward instead of having HT, L Daken, or L Storm
  • Unknown
    Options
    No surprise that it started right away with no down time. We knew that would happen, and it's fine.

Nice though that the shield rewards are more achievable after 2 seasons of no one likely getting the 3* ones.
    Also nice to see a blue Falcon cover as the 3k progression reward. Newer character (like the Daken cover) as a reward is nice and this one should be achievable by most everyone (unlike the Daken cover).
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    What is the ending date? Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please update the first post with all the rewards. Thanks
  • Unknown
    Options
    This game needs new modes soon. Endless pvp and pve events are boring, we have some good people quiting after season 2, not from burnout , just the boredom and some serious issues in the game like mmr hell and sneaky changes.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sp SHIELD Sim lowered the 3* rewards, but eliminated the ones above 2400. And who doesn't already have Doom maxed? Didn't we just have two tourneys with Doom as prizes?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I bet they changed the scoring in SHIELD training to make the 2400 Doom just as inaccessible as the 3200 Daken was.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I bet they changed the scoring in SHIELD training to make the 2400 Doom just as inaccessible as the 3200 Daken was.

But GSBW green is a game changer and Daken is just really good. Nobody wants Doom, so at the very least, its a fairly undesired cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think it's a good compromise to put a weak cover at a value that most people actually had a chance of reaching. How many people actually hit Daken blue this time? And I'm sure those who do must have spent an amount of HP close to if not exceeding the value of the cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Only Slobofix got near 3200 (she may have crossed the threshold but was shield at 3180 or so last I saw) but to be fair she shields after every match so HP is no object.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sp SHIELD Sim lowered the 3* rewards, but eliminated the ones above 2400. And who doesn't already have Doom maxed? Didn't we just have two tourneys with Doom as prizes?

Me. And many others.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think I saw Nazerith above 3200 on the last day, so that sounds like 2 out of 20000 so far.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could use the Punisher red to respec, so I'm happy.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't. I'll take that cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone in my alliance has been sitting on a 5 Black, 4 Blue Doom for months now angry that he has gotten atleast ten Black Dooms from pulls over the last few months. He is going to be ticked off when he sees that reward.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I could use the Punisher red to respec, so I'm happy.
    But... but you will get multiple red Punishers well before you even hit 2000 points in Training, unless it's one of the elusive covers for you (I seem to never pull GSBW purple these days, while I have to throw out Punisher, Psylocke and BP left and right).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Gipsy also got over 3200 on previous sim. If it's the same setup as previous sim with the rewards lowered, then I'm all for the S3 Simulator. I'm looking forward to getting that blue falcon cover, and most of the other 3* almost guaranteed covers, as like many other players, I'm still making the slow 2-3* transition.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah nazerith definitely hit 3200 (and won season by 1500, so it was completely unnecessary unless he needed the daken cover but I digress). No matter what you think of their choice of covers (and yeah, they're not great, but could be worse) it is a good sign that they have paid attention to what people have been saying and lowered the 3* progression rewards to a reasonable level. I will commend them for that and hope to see a few more player-friendly changes come in the future (but I won't hold my breath).
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm expecting that Hawkeye change to roll out pretty soon. Don't think I'm going to bother with Season 3 much. I feel I'm going to be passing on a lot of tournaments once I reach 300 points. Will grind up to that red Punisher cover in simulator though. Heroic 10 pack should still be easily obtainable though.