Season III: Jun 15 - July 13

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Qamberco, Slobofix, kakko etc. don't understand the value of a dollar.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think all I did last season was grind to 900 and then put up a shield and call it a day. Sometimes I did even less than that and still finished around 44 on seasons.

The lack of variety in PvP is getting boring but that's not a result of the seasons event itself. There are actually some interesting teams I'm seeing in SHIELD training, and while interesting is roughly the same as 'easy kill', it's still pretty cool to see that other characters are out there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I won my season 2 bracket, so I think I'm done being somewhat hardcore. Gonna start taking it easier this season until my eventual retirement from this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The lack of variety in PvP is getting boring but that's not a result of the seasons event itself.

Agreed.

A large chunk of it is because D3 has set things up in cycles so that we get certain covers numerous times in a short period before they disappear from the wild again.

They seem to have eliminated or severely reduced most of the tournies that focus on groups rather than individual characters. Some of the ones which allowed you to use a 2* or 3* character have also been altered to use only the 3*, offering a loaner if needed.

Ex - Bad Is Good, Divine Champions, Lone Star Skirmish, The Best There Is, No Man's Land, Fearless Defenders, etc.

My big hope for this season is that we see a few of the tournaments we haven't seen in about 3-4 months, if not longer, and that certain hated tournaments don't reappear.

I'd like to see Hot Shot, Blind Justice, and First Avenger return, for instance, because I need covers for two of these and Daredevil isn't nearly the torture to use in a PVP that Loki is if they rerun that freaking God Of Lies PVP again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't want to see ANY repeats of a PvP during Season 3. Give me a different featured character EVERY PvP and at least I'll be a bit more happy and inclined to stick around longer. Because right now I'm starting to feel the burnout.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I might prefer the variety of a different PvP every single time, I think what they're doing is actually a good thing for MOST players. Let me explain. Most players don't actually have maxed out rosters, but would love the chance to build up one or two (or more) 3* characters to 100+ so they can start running 3* teams instead of the same 2* teams they've been using for weeks/months. The cycling of the tournaments is a product of them cycling the rewards (since they seem to really like having rewards leading into featured tournaments), which helps these players (hopefully) build up a character to a usable level with 2 full sets of rewards. I think as long as they avoid the monstrosity of double Loki, Rags, Doom, GSBW, etc. (only they know why they picked so many unpopular characters for season 1) we'll be okay. I'll check back to see what everyone has to say when they finally start giving out multiple sets of HT icon_e_smile.gif.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IIRC - IceIX said that tourneys different than 1buffed char bring lower revenue.

---

I remember the times when I was expanding my roster - I got soooo bored with Pun + OBW that I started trying different builds. Some were good, some were lame. Until I got covers for CMags. Winning with him is easy and fast, so it's hard not to use him (along with Patch).

Same team for last x tourneys (I think about 1.5 seasons).

Not to mention that lately we got CMags and Patch tourneys...

I really liked Bad is Good - Ares shined. Those with maxed Bullseye got some good scores.

We got Psylocke and lately Mororo - it BEGS for No Man's Land. What's more - quite a lot of people leveled IW, so we would see her as well. Hell, even facing Moonstone was something new - good hp, strong purple.

Divine Champions - LThor, Ares, Rags. Was Storm included? Still a fun tourney.

Lone Star Skirmish - I absolutely love this tourney. Just for this tourney I maxed Venom and Jugger to have some roster diversity and when someone was down I was able to switch to another char. Not to mention I listened to one of the S.H.I.E.L.D members (Bugpop?) and respec'd IM35 to 355 and really looking forward to try him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    I won my season 2 bracket, so I think I'm done being somewhat hardcore. Gonna start taking it easier this season until my eventual retirement from this game.

It would've been nice if they had actually set up a 'trophy case' or achievements of some sort, so you had something to admire for your efforts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    datKrow wrote:

It would've been nice if they had actually set up a 'trophy case' or achievements of some sort, so you had something to admire for your efforts.

"And that there fully covered Bagman is from Season II. Along with the one next to him. And Hawkeye."
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tbighead21 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

On topic, i inherited of the bracket of death.. qamberco.. flo 98.. and gypsy danger (formely known as kakko.. hey..wheres the danger if you are always hidin behind your shield??) alreasy pushing at 1500 pts.. its gonna be a lot of fun gentlemen.. icon_mrgreen.gif

Francky - add another one to the bracket of fun icon_e_biggrin.gif Oh and I saw you lurking with me at zero points at the bottom of sim already
    Yeah, I'm in that bracket too.

I guess we all forgot that losing fights in sim counts as starting the season? icon_e_biggrin.gif

At least I meant to wait until a day in to avoid exactly the bracket we all ended up in icon_e_biggrin.gif
    in that bracket also.

beee and I are both in this is lovely bracket too along with francky..and qam, thatlist, ravenheart, gypsy...and apparently mickey and bowgentile too. Gonna be interesting....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    beee and I are both in this is lovely bracket too along with francky..and qam, thatlist, ravenheart, gypsy...and apparently mickey and bowgentile too. Gonna be interesting....
    Yeah, I'm not even going to bother this time, I think. What points I make, I'll make, and that's it.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not even going to bother this time, I think. What points I make, I'll make, and that's it.

Yeah, frankly and I were just talking about that. I mean, if all of us went all out...imagine how nuts our t20 would probably be. It's definitely an interesting sharding situation....Our own little "bracket of doom" seasons style.

But of course...it's all "working as intended"...right? Lol
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Yeah, frankly and I were just talking about that. I mean, if all of us went all out...imagine how nuts our t20 would probably be. It's definitely an interesting sharding situation....Our own little "bracket of doom" seasons style.

Well, for me it was like,
    'oh sweet, new Shield training, I must go tank immediately!
    Wait, I just entered my season bracket 5 minutes after the season started. Oh dear.'
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Well, for me it was like,
    'oh sweet, new Shield training, I must go tank immediately!
    Wait, I just entered my season bracket 5 minutes after the season started. Oh dear.'

Haha...wow...sounds just like me.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eddu from x-men is the only guy I currently recognize in my seasons bracket. Doesn't mean there aren't lurkers. Just joined an hour or so ago though so maybe not even filled up yet.

Edit: just looked to see if anyone else popped up that I recognized. Nope, but I saw we're at ~4300 so if you want to join us, now's your chance!
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Eddu from x-men is the only guy I currently recognize in my seasons bracket. Doesn't mean there aren't lurkers. Just joined an hour or so ago though so maybe not even filled up yet.

Edit: just looked to see if anyone else popped up that I recognized. Nope, but I saw we're at ~4300 so if you want to join us, now's your chance!

I just joined. We are in the same bracket. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: I see you krow and keenie icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    You see no one. I am not there.

Damn, that bracket took years to fill up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    mohio wrote:

I just joined. We are in the same bracket. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: I see you krow and keenie icon_e_smile.gif
    If you saw krow , then you would see me too icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Like reunions all over this sharding
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Like reunions all over this sharding
    Well, with bracket sizes of 5000, you're bound to end up with quite a few fellow crazies.