Season III: Jun 15 - July 13

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    After releasing Mororo who has similar (if not better) black skill, this Doom reward really is unnecessary.. How about Mororo black? icon_e_biggrin.gif

And again they cut rewards.. Why not just shift it or even add 3* covers to lower progression values instead of this?..

I still remember how in TaT they butchered the progression rewards at 25000 while the points still go to the hundred thousands.. icon_e_confused.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    No, prog rewards in TaT never changed; the devs didn't realize that with low scaling, a desirable new cover and the new tiny refresh window, people would grind like there was no tomorrow and fill the main meter way too fast.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I expected some positive change in the prizing structure for Season 3. That did not happen.

I expected some change in the events structure. We open Season 3 with ANOTHER Hood PvP.

I promised my Alliance I would invest myself more in the Season points this time. But won't spend a single HP in Health Packs or Shield or whatsoever.

Let's see how many guys quit now that the Season 3 has been revealed, and how many will stay until the end of Season 3 ?

They better release another great 4* character at the beginning of Season 4, or there will be truckloads of guys leaving again.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    They better release another great 4* character at the beginning of Season 4, or there will be truckloads of guys leaving again.
    If they plan to keep on using new 4*s as the carrot to get people to play seasons, people will drop like flies.
    Nobody can sustain playing seriously in each and every PVP forever.
    Those 3 months for the three Fury covers is already pushing it.

I hope they switch from a cover to HP or something else after season 3.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    If they plan to keep on using new 4*s as the carrot to get people to play seasons, people will drop like flies.

What if they just repeat the Fury cycle though? I'd say it's fairly likely it's easier to be in a top 100 alliance than place top 1 in a PvP (or top 2 in large PvE). The tradeoff obviously being that it's less stressful to do your best periodically rather than just good all the time. Anyway, do you think there would be a dropoff in competition if it were *just* more Fury covers? (My guess is it still would be less, but not by a lot).
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    What if they just repeat the Fury cycle though? I'd say it's fairly likely it's easier to be in a top 100 alliance than place top 1 in a PvP (or top 2 in large PvE). The tradeoff obviously being that it's less stressful to do your best periodically rather than just good all the time. Anyway, do you think there would be a dropoff in competition if it were *just* more Fury covers? (My guess is it still would be less, but not by a lot).
    You know, that'd be amazing if they kept on giving out Fury covers.
    Competition definitely would drop off, outside of the top 5 alliances, who play hard for whatever reason.
    Once you have all 3 colours, you can take it easier knowing that you can buy covers whenever you want to.

Yes, I like the idea of Fury being kept as a season prize.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I expected some positive change in the prizing structure for Season 3. That did not happen.
    Falcon Blue as 3k progression reward. It's like a free cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I couldn't agree more, that's why I am not playing them anymore.

But how would you see things ? They wanted people to play the weak PvP system and created the Season thing. I don't see them coming back to a non-competitive system for PvPs.

From what I understand, they don't care guys leave, when many more are coming in, with the new and more lucrative system. When the noobs are fed up, and if they don't get enough cash, then they will change the structure of the Season.

I don't know for what reason, but if you look closely at the number of new Fans on their FB page, it skyrocketted in the last couple of weeks.

Veterans will be fewer and fewer, and these are the ones constantly complaining. They only need to have them out of the game.

As for the Hard Core players and whales : feed them with new characters every second week and they will be happy (that's my case).
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

I like the idea of more Fury covers rather than another 4* character. I would guess they will probably go for a new character as there are still plenty to choose from that would get people excited and they don't seem concerned about burnout.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I think I saw Nazerith above 3200 on the last day, so that sounds like 2 out of 20000 so far.

At least 5 ppl made 3200 that I know of (including me) probably a few more. Mostly for the season points rather than daken per se.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

I couldn't agree more, that's why I am not playing them anymore.

But how would you see things ? They wanted people to play the weak PvP system and created the Season thing. I don't see them coming back to a non-competitive system for PvPs.

From what I understand, they don't care guys leave, when many more are coming in, with the new and more lucrative system. When the noobs are fed up, and if they don't get enough cash, then they will change the structure of the Season.

I don't know for what reason, but if you look closely at the number of new Fans on their FB page, it skyrocketted in the last couple of weeks.

Veterans will be fewer and fewer, and these are the ones constantly complaining. They only need to have them out of the game.

As for the Hard Core players and whales : feed them with new characters every second week and they will be happy (that's my case).
    I generally agreed with what you said you re a thoughtful guy but damn.. how desillusioned you sound.. no one forces you to play. This type of post is getting old.. i agree that big changes are neeeded (rewards structures, variety of events, mmr.. there are so many threads about what need to be done).. but hey.. if it works for them, what can we do? constantly rehashing the same things over and over isjust as tiresome that the influx of spamming on this board.
    On topic, i inherited of the bracket of death.. qamberco.. flo 98.. and gypsy danger (formely known as kakko.. hey..wheres the danger if you are always hidin behind your shield??) alreasy pushing at 1500 pts.. its gonna be a lot of fun gentlemen.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

On topic, i inherited of the bracket of death.. qamberco.. flo 98.. and gypsy danger (formely known as kakko.. hey..wheres the danger if you are always hidin behind your shield??) alreasy pushing at 1500 pts.. its gonna be a lot of fun gentlemen.. icon_mrgreen.gif

Francky - add another one to the bracket of fun icon_e_biggrin.gif Oh and I saw you lurking with me at zero points at the bottom of sim already
  • Bowgentle
    Options

Francky - add another one to the bracket of fun icon_e_biggrin.gif Oh and I saw you lurking with me at zero points at the bottom of sim already
    Yeah, I'm in that bracket too.

I guess we all forgot that losing fights in sim counts as starting the season? icon_e_biggrin.gif

At least I meant to wait until a day in to avoid exactly the bracket we all ended up in icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Only Slobofix got near 3200 (she may have crossed the threshold but was shield at 3180 or so last I saw) but to be fair she shields after every match so HP is no object.
    Yeah, I saw slobo had reached 3200 over the weekend.
  • Unknown
    Options

Eventually people will realize that those who win the season don't actually need a 10 pack of iso and stop wasting money hopping their way to the end of the rainbow. Wouldn't mind a open-all feature however when you have 100s of tokens piled up.

D3 has clearly decided withhold heroes from heroic tokens until most players can max out a character from tournaments (or cash) so these rewards other than fury are kind of silly.

How about some new type of reward? *wild-card cover?*
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

Eventually people will realize that those who win the season don't actually need a 10 pack of iso and stop wasting money hopping their way to the end of the rainbow. Wouldn't mind a open-all feature however when you have 100s of tokens piled up.

D3 has clearly decided withhold heroes from heroic tokens until most players can max out a character from tournaments (or cash) so these rewards other than fury are kind of silly.

How about some new type of reward? *wild-card cover?*
    I really dont look for these token and im gonna challenge myself first to see where i can go with a limited amount of isos (clearly using hp i earned only).. That said its gonna be a bloodbath if i want to rank well under those terms.. My way to spice up things in this unchanged grindfest that is season3...
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    They lowered the 3-star covers.

For everyone whining that the devs never listen and never adjust, keep right on with the sky-is-falling talk.

You call THAT listening? Woohoo
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Ok, I can understand going for 1400+ in each PVP.

But going to 1068 in shield training in the first 18 hours and then shielding with 27 days to go? Really, Qamberco?
    Going to shield for the whole 4 weeks?
    I guess it's totally worth it, since it's only about 8000 HP.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah, I'm in that bracket too.

I guess we all forgot that losing fights in sim counts as starting the season? icon_e_biggrin.gif

At least I meant to wait until a day in to avoid exactly the bracket we all ended up in icon_e_biggrin.gif
    in that bracket also.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, I think I can go ahead and start setting my sights low in this season... I'm in the same bracket as all of y'all with Qamberco et all.