Season III: Jun 15 - July 13

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Picked up a black Hood to finish my 3/5/5 Respec.
    Do you really think it's worth it to limit Hood's versatility for just one combo? I have been doing well with a lvl 153 3/4/5 Sentry and 5/5/3 Hood, granted I don't need to shieldhop like crazy where speed is everything.

As a guy who had a 355 hood early, took forever to respec to 553, and just respeced back to 355, I still think it was worth it. As yourself how often you use yellow. Me, it was rare so I was fine with it. Yellow has value in pve for clearing goon tiles too but I have other options for that. 355 hood is for my dream combo of fury sentry. The ability to fire WR, one turn, sacrifice and then hood black can be deadly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Double packs of bagmen yielded:
    GSBW
    LThor Yellow - needed for respec
    Patch green - don't know if want for respec
    GSBW. Again. I've sold more of her than any other 3*
    Patch Red - unnecessary, but I could add green, play for a week, and change back.
    Pun Red - unnecessary

So 6 3* covers, only one really needed, and only one actual bagman. Not too bad.
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hood's yellow is so expensive you're rarely going to get it off anyway. Especially because a maxed Hood generally tanks yellow so you don't want to match those because it puts him in harm's way.

I was thinking that but experience shows a deal of hood yellow use.
    I kept him at lvl100 to leave yellow to patch but the scaling change screwed it up bigtime... (though more health is welcome).
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    Congrats on bloodwars for winning our bracket (I'm Nogard in-game). We traded blow a few times in the last couple of days in Shield Sim. I was never gonna surpass you, was just hoping for Top 5 finish. Managed to finish #4, so mission accomplished icon_e_biggrin.gif.

Gonna hog my heroic tokens until Nick Fury gets added to the pack.

And going casual from now on. Only playing in events with rewards that interests me.

congrats! I'm also hoarding for fury (12 10 packs, 20 loose heriocs). I was really surprised 16k was enough to win a bracket. guess we lucked out on crazies.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Picked up a black Hood to finish my 3/5/5 Respec.
    Do you really think it's worth it to limit Hood's versatility for just one combo? I have been doing well with a lvl 153 3/4/5 Sentry and 5/5/3 Hood, granted I don't need to shieldhop like crazy where speed is everything.

As a guy who had a 355 hood early, took forever to respec to 553, and just respeced back to 355, I still think it was worth it. As yourself how often you use yellow. Me, it was rare so I was fine with it. Yellow has value in pve for clearing goon tiles too but I have other options for that. 355 hood is for my dream combo of fury sentry. The ability to fire WR, one turn, sacrifice and then hood black can be deadly.
    I use Hood's yellow all the time when he's not with Sentry and Thor. A featured red/green character like Pun/Patch/Torch; just add Hood and oBW/Magneto for rainbow happiness. I had to throw out plenty of black covers and buy the last 5th yellow cover, so there's that, too. It's just that I have been doing mighty fine with 3 black anyway. World Rupture + Sacrifice is so insane that outside of some crazy cascades, Godlike Power and similar abilities it will down the opposition without any use of Intimidation, with 3 sped up counters, with many counters destroyed, etc. It's like 5 to 1 when I have to sit and watch exploding WR counters hurting my team when the enemy is long dead, as opposed to there not being enough surviving counters. Happily I don't need to play my matches in under a minute so I can afford to stay at 5 yellow, I think. I am rather fond of it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Season 3 ended? I took a break from the game anyway i'll be back soon. I just needed to get away. I have no alliance so yeah.... it wasn't worth continuing

I Will be back peoples!