ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    You have to finish top 10 in the sub events.

Oh Ok and I haven't been because the points are high but the levels get harder lol

I feel that the scaling in this event is just about right. It should get progressively harder and it feels like it is. This event is also great for a 2* roster - astonishing wolvie, mnow mag are both buffed and fairly decent for most of the fights are doable with ares as well both 1* and 2* storms. Hopefully you see the benefit in maintaining a decent 2** roster at decent levels.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Amanda1983 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Top 10 gives 100 HP, but top 50 still gives 50 HP which is better than nothing!

Yea, it's 4% of the costs needed to buy a 3 star cover. icon_e_wink.gif

for a new player struggling with getting HP, it's 100% of the cost of 1 or 2 covers if it lets you buy a shield in PVP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not if it's a new cover. Then it will cost you another 400-500 HP for the priviledge to keep it.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    First post has now been belatedly updated with Sub prize information.

Been enjoying taking this one easy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Amanda1983 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Top 10 gives 100 HP, but top 50 still gives 50 HP which is better than nothing!

Yea, it's 4% of the costs needed to buy a 3 star cover. icon_e_wink.gif

Top 50 every sub will get you 900 hp, plus whatever else you get from the main. It's what I've been doing, and it's gotten me plenty of ISO, so far three usable covers (IW Green, HT Red, Lazy Storm Green), plus the 300 hp (so far), for a minimal amount of effort. Top ten every sub requires actual work.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event is so weird. I've been doing practically nothing (3hrs tops) and am sitting in top 40 in the main.

Levels are getting uncomfortably high in the hard subs though, so I might do even less than nothing from now on icon_lol.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just started playing this event due to other commitments this previous weekend.

Do nodes still refresh every 2 hours, 24 minutes?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I just started playing this event due to other commitments this previous weekend.

Do nodes still refresh every 2 hours, 24 minutes?

If you just do it once. Otherwise it's longer. The handy new timers will tell you how long.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks! I completely forgot about the timer because I didn't update to R55 until after the last PVE event concluded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    For those who say 'I'm not doing much in this event', you do realize this event has about half the nodes compared to a normal PvE event? I always thought this node structure made a lot more sense since you still have to grind hard to come in #1 but if you don't want to, there's physically less thing to do due to a limited number of nodes so you can take it easy, or at least easier. By the way, you probably only need to grind 3 set of nodes down to 1 to get first, and given the selection of enemies at times (e.g. 2 sets of all goons battle on 2 of the 3 highest nodes) that's not really that much effort.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is my favourite PVE ever......and i'm not even playing it AT ALL. But i still got 4 Heroics from my lovely alliance and got 3 Invisible Women from them icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow people must be going super casual in this....

So I did the first subs, then when the next group opened up I did not do them at all until this morning. I was ranked about 230ish, I did a single pass in both.....and now I'm ranked #51 !!! Granted I only have about 10000 pts, and first place is at 22000 pts.

Apparently I'm not the only one burned out from doing these same events over and over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mizake wrote:

So I did the first subs, then when the next group opened up I did not do them at all until this morning. I was ranked about 230ish, I did a single pass in both.....and now I'm ranked #51 !!! Granted I only have about 10000 pts, and first place is at 22000 pts.

Apparently I'm not the only one burned out from doing these same events over and over.

Whoa, 22000! So I must be in bracket with some crazies icon_e_smile.gif Leader of my bracket has already about 46400 points... Huh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The prospect of hitting the 125K reward seems pretty grim at the moment. Maybe the top scores will hit it but it's looking pretty out of reach for the rest right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Miaomew wrote:
    Mizake wrote:

Whoa, 22000! So I must be in bracket with some crazies icon_e_smile.gif Leader of my bracket has already about 46400 points... Huh.

Hmm....now that I think about it, I probably started the event like 20 hours or more after it was released, hence the low scores in the bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mizake wrote:
    Miaomew wrote:
    Mizake wrote:

Hmm....now that I think about it, I probably started the event like 20 hours or more after it was released, hence the low scores in the bracket.

I started it when it was run maybe about 4 hours. But do they put us brackets based on previous scores or just time? I did quite well in one before, maybe top 20 or something.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I haven't won any HP yet, because all the subs have ended at 2 AM for me, and no matter how high I climb before I go to bed, I always wake up in the top 200.

OTOH, I've pulled Psylocke, Lazy Thor, cMags, Sentry and Hood from tokens so far, so I'm calling this event a success.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still continuing to try and do just enough to get a token from each sub. On the ones for the weekend I pushed for top 50 for some HP, but during the work week with them ending at noon, and me playing at home on steam, token is good enough.

Even with that rather casual level of play, I still hover around top 40 after I do a 1x clear on essentials if I have the time.

My main bracket:
    1: 41362
    10: 30991
    37: 23556
    46: 22669

So there are still a few crazy grinders, but most people seem to be playing a whole lot less.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    BTW, I've discovered that my new favorite thing is playing Psylocke against the Empiricist nodes. Empiricists generate black AP but don't use it, so unless there's a Yelena to use it up, Psylocke can steal ridiculous amounts of it. This morning I had a match where I collected a bunch of black, used Bewilder and Thorned Rose, and ended up calling Psi Katana five times in one turn. Awesome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    With 5h 24mins left in these subs :

Argentina (purple event tile) has the progress bar currently at 91% - 52,325,082 of 57,300,000
    Sudan (pink event tile) has the progress bar currently at 99% - 64,112,417 of 64,200,000