ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ah, finally back to the Euro Hostile end times. I was getting really fed up of ranking 1st or occassionally top 5, so it's nice that I can go to bed at 1am knowing that regardless of how many points I'm leading by at the time it's top50 at best \o/.

yay.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ah, finally back to the Euro Friendly end times. I was getting really fed up of ranking 100+, so it's nice that I can spend quality time with my GF or even better stay at work at 4pm knowing that regardless of how many points I'm leading by at the time I can wake up and get top10 at worst \o/.

yay. icon_e_wink.gificon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just letting you know I will probably be adding you to my foe list Emeryt due to that signature. I can adblock it at home but my phone has no such capabilities.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Just letting you know I will probably be adding you to my foe list Emeryt due to that signature. I can adblock it at home but my phone has no such capabilities.

There's an option in your user settings to turn off all sigs. Makes this forum 1000% more readable too.

Click: User Control Panel>Board Preferences>Edit Display Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like sigs usually, use a minimalist one myself. So I can block one person and move on with my life or change everyone? Ez choice. Just thought I'd let em know, I'm not the only one who has this opinion on that sig, I expressed this earlier in the thread and got up voted heh.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poor chaos ogre gets no love. For shame.

On a relevant note, the fact that I'm playing this tournament übercasually and still ranking top 50 shows that I'm probably not the only one. Don't need IM, and with my luck with tokens they're not worth chasing either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is still the best PVE ever. Not only am i not playing it, but i got 3 Invisible Women from tokens my alliance got but my wife also likes me again for not playing the game as much when she's around. So much so, that she has giving me her blessing to play it some more, and i was like "no babe, the next couple of days are for you and me, you deserve it. Maybe i will play more after that. But until then, it's our time"

Remember kids, it's not ok to lie to your wife.....unless its to say yes she does look pretty or if its MPQ related.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is still the best PVE ever. Not only am i not playing it, but i got 3 Invisible Women from tokens my alliance got but my wife also likes me again for not playing the game as much when she's around. So much so, that she has giving me her blessing to play it some more, and i was like "no babe, the next couple of days are for you and me, you deserve it. Maybe i will play more after that. But until then, it's our time"

Remember kids, it's not ok to lie to your wife.....unless its to say yes she does look pretty or if its MPQ related.

Taking notes...

noted-ryan-the-office.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's really not that complicated why this event has a far more casual pacing, because there are less nodes! If there's a PvE event with a single node, you'd have to do even less to do well in it! There are only 5 nodes per map (and only 6 on Russia that is only a single event) which means it's less nodes than just the main bracket of TaT, and 1 more than one of two sub events in Simulator Basic. Nobody is finding some magic new way of playing casual and still do it. If they roll out TaT or Simulator Basic after this you'll find your casual method gets hammered like usual again. This event's structure makes far more sense than any other PvE event so of course everyone should like it and find that they've an easier time when you're not faced with 25 different nodes to clear.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welp, thanks to me having the "audacity" of trying something even slightly different, I've learned to never try to do a node in this game without OBW on my team. Tried not using her in one, and had a game that was complete ****. Nothing but constant cascades from the enemy with them just happening to get EXACTLY what they needed. Rad.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

This is why instead I just got my girlfriend addicted to MPQ as well...
  • Unknown
    Options
    So how's everyone doing on their prospect of getting Storm? It looks like we're 2/3 of the way through, and since point value of mission go up, I think if you have 80000 by the end of the current sub event you have a good shot at 125K (projects out to 120K at your pace, but later missions are worth more). I'm sitting at 77K and should hit 80K easily, though I'm not exactly confident this is enough to hit 125K even though the math says it should be enough.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    So how's everyone doing on their prospect of getting Storm? It looks like we're 2/3 of the way through, and since point value of mission go up, I think if you have 80000 by the end of the current sub event you have a good shot at 125K (projects out to 120K at your pace, but later missions are worth more). I'm sitting at 77K and should hit 80K easily, though I'm not exactly confident this is enough to hit 125K even though the math says it should be enough.

Your at what? Man I am giving no tinykitty about this pve and am still top 40 somehow. First in my bracket is 71k and I can probably catch him when I do my matches for the hp tonight. Of course he will be higher then but I dont exactly want to win...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Your at what? Man I am giving no tinykitty about this pve and am still top 40 somehow. First in my bracket is 71k and I can probably catch him when I do my matches for the hp tonight. Of course he will be higher then but I dont exactly want to win...

I'm only #7 in my bracket. The #1 is at 98K.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Welp, thanks to me having the "audacity" of trying something even slightly different, I've learned to never try to do a node in this game without OBW on my team. Tried not using her in one, and had a game that was complete ****. Nothing but constant cascades from the enemy with them just happening to get EXACTLY what they needed. Rad.

That's because OBW is really Felicia Hardy in disguise. Her black power is to screw with her opponents luck. They just don't want anybody to know Black Cat is in the game.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It's really not that complicated why this event has a far more casual pacing, because there are less nodes! If there's a PvE event with a single node, you'd have to do even less to do well in it! There are only 5 nodes per map (and only 6 on Russia that is only a single event) which means it's less nodes than just the main bracket of TaT, and 1 more than one of two sub events in Simulator Basic. Nobody is finding some magic new way of playing casual and still do it. If they roll out TaT or Simulator Basic after this you'll find your casual method gets hammered like usual again. This event's structure makes far more sense than any other PvE event so of course everyone should like it and find that they've an easier time when you're not faced with 25 different nodes to clear.
    You keep saying this, but it really doesn't hold if you're not neurotically going for top 2. Realistically, it has the same number of worthwhile nodes as any other pve: 2 essentials and a at most couple of the high point normal ones (per sub). Unless you're seriously saying that people should be grinding down the ones that have sub-100 base points
  • Unknown
    Options
    wade66 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

That's because OBW is really Felicia Hardy in disguise. Her black power is to screw with her opponents luck. They just don't want anybody to know Black Cat is in the game.

Thaaaat's why. Now I get it. I'll stick to to Wolvie, MN Mags, and her from now on, except for the required nodes. And I just got a Lazy Storm from the event packs, so now I can do those ones.

EDIT: Looks like I'll have to play a little more often if I want to get more Brotherhood packs as rewards. Not getting into the Top 300 for this one.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2014
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    wade66 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Thaaaat's why. Now I get it. I'll stick to to Wolvie, MN Mags, and her from now on, except for the required nodes. And I just got a Lazy Storm from the event packs, so now I can do those ones.

EDIT: Looks like I'll have to play a little more often if I want to get more Brotherhood packs as rewards. Not getting into the Top 300 for this one.

I've been using a lot of different compositions comprising the following characters:
    1 and 3* Daken, 1, 2 and 3* storms, mnow mags, spider-man, falcon, Loki, Dr. Doom, OBW, Lazy Thor, 2* wolvie, gangnam style, human torch and venom.

I've used obw once or twice and I've never felt I needed to put obw on any of my teams. I've also not really had to use any of my 141s that I use for pvp. In fact this pve has been actually quite nice for using all those heroes which don't quite make the cut for pvp and mixing it up.

edit: ok just looked through your roster and you're missing quite a few covers and you're in the 2*->3* phase. I don't know what your scaling is like and you should use obw since she is one of your stronger characters, nevertheless here are some safe non obw combos to try out:

daken, loki, 1* storm (really good for goon nodes, storm and loki providing lots of board shakeup and cascades)
    mnow mags, classic storm, 2** wolvie (good stun at 3 pink matches - wolvie's buffed so he can tank most stuff)
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    wade66 wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

I've been using a lot of different compositions comprising the following characters:
    1 and 3* Daken, 1, 2 and 3* storms, mnow mags, spider-man, falcon, Loki, Dr. Doom, OBW, Lazy Thor, 2* wolvie, gangnam style, human torch and venom.

I've used obw once or twice and I've never felt I needed to put obw on any of my teams. I've also not really had to use any of my 141s that I use for pvp. In fact this pve has been actually quite nice for using all those heroes which don't quite make the cut for pvp and mixing it up.

My team is Daken (128), Falcon (128), whoever. If Daken can't be used I put in OBW and Wolverine. You don't even have to think about what to do with AP, just match green and yellow and then just make the best cascade you can.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    AWolvie, MNMags and Psyduck have been doing just fine me for me. Yeah they get beat up from time to time but that's not really a bad thing if it keeps my scaling in check icon_e_biggrin.gif