ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 54.000 points, 5 days 10 hours remainig.
    Should be possible to obtain 120.000 poinst progression reward ??
    ( I think not. )
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    ( I think not. )

I posted about this earlier today and it doesn't appear so.

Also, it's at 125k... icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    ( I think not. )

Unless they start rubber-banding the tinykitty out of the event, I severely doubt it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Phillipes wrote:
    ( I think not. )

Unless they start rubber-banding the tinykitty out of the event, I severely doubt it.

Sitting @ 50k myself...would really like that storm cover @ 125 k

Marc
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    user311 wrote:
    Just wanted to ask. In the past I usually expected a refresh at 8 or 12 hours and I cleared nodes like 3 or four times each and waited. Is there really any difference now - or is it just mental since there's a timer to see?
    A couple events back there was a nice discussion on this. I'm not going to go find it so I'm not going to expect you to either. I think Phantron described the difference best, so I'll use basically the same example he used.

If you're going to do a node (or all essentials, full clear, whatever) let's say 3 times per 12 hour refresh, under the old refresh system you would do it 3 times quickly then move on. This gives you 100%+80%+60%, or 240% of base value (not gonna talk about rubberbanding, but suffice to say it's generally better in the new system too). Under the new system the nodes refresh continually at a rate of 100%/12 hours, hence you see people referring to 2:24 refreshes (since it takes 2:24 to get back to 100% from 80%). So now, if you play 3 times, but space them out by at least 2:24, then you get 100%+100%+100%, so a full 300% of base value. So, the generally accepted best way to grind now is to do however many nodes you want to do once each every 2:24, and then do the full grind down to 1 only within the last hour/30 minutes.

Now most people aren't going to actually play this way or they're going to get burnt out pretty easily (not to mention possibly incurring the wrath of the scaling gods), so you're fine playing the same way you did before, just know that you COULD get more points playing a little differently if you really cared to.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am at 40k points but I am in a lucky bracket because I am in 3rd overall, but something about this event has been bugging me. Then it dawned on me!! Because there are so few nods and most of them are the non match this PVE feels a lot like prologue healing. I compete with Storm or Psy and the I go to a trivial level and heal with OBW. Anyone else feel this way? icon_question.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whoops, forgot to play the last round. Oh well. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I am at 40k points but I am in a lucky bracket because I am in 3rd overall, but something about this event has been bugging me. Then it dawned on me!! Because there are so few nods and most of them are the non match this PVE feels a lot like prologue healing. I compete with Storm or Psy and the I go to a trivial level and heal with OBW. Anyone else feel this way? icon_question.gif

The nodes will get hard when Dr. Doom and The Hood makes their appearance.

I think the initial nodes are intended to be pretty easy irrespective of scaling. They're saving all the nasty enemy combos for later.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sooo... they forgot to put the correct ISO reward in the unlocked sub node....

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

I was wondering about that too. Got a standard token for the unlocked node and was like... uh...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I also got the standard token. At least it wasn't the crit boost.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Um, was this sub extended? They usually end at 9 pacific, this one shows about 12 more hours...
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

I got a crit boost icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Taganov wrote:
    Um, was this sub extended? They usually end at 9 pacific, this one shows about 12 more hours...

Nope the subs change their end time half way thought the event. This subs always been 36 Hours.
  • Unknown
    Options
    and you wouldn't want it ending at the same time as the pvp... that tends to cause server issues and rage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

So did I. Literally useless.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Same. Sometimes I'll just use 5x of them on random matches since there always seems to be 30 of them in my inventory, and I never really play with C-Mags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Would be nice if they retroactively give 1000 iso for people who beat that node. A bit silly that they forgot to set the rewards properly for the prize node but still left it unrepeatable.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could be they're taking away the free 1000 Iso now. I remember when the Simulator had an end node worth 5k the first time it rolled around, and that got killed pretty quickly; I feel like the game's often an exercise in seeing how much the devs can trim away without losing revenue (i.e. pissing too many players off).

...not that I'm saying this is a case of that - I'm sure it's just a slip-up. Maybe. But hey, I actually got the 500 Iso reward from it.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

image.jpg