ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Amanda1983 wrote:
    With 5h 24mins left in these subs :

Argentina (purple event tile) has the progress bar currently at 91% - 52,325,082 of 57,300,000
    Sudan (pink event tile) has the progress bar currently at 99% - 64,112,417 of 64,200,000

So it's right about time to start then icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Barely even played this event as the rewards really do suck. But my god that node with ares and juggernaut is impossible for me. Guess it is community scaling. They are both lvl 98 and i've wiped twice to them. The second time heavily boosted. **** high level juggernaut
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    For those who say 'I'm not doing much in this event', you do realize this event has about half the nodes compared to a normal PvE event?

I was just thinking that this is far less nodes than last time. I like it. Feels more... achievable... bearable... regardless of placing.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, just before the end of this round of subs, I'm at 35k and the top 10 in my bracket range from 41k-50k. There are 5.5 days left of a 9 day event. Does it seem like the 125k progression reward is achievable to more than the most aggressive of players? I'd wanted to get the black Mohawk cover but I didn't want to have to constantly grind away to do it but I guess that's what it'll take.
    Can I just take the overage above the top progression from the TAT event and apply it to this one? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Magnesium wrote:
    Barely even played this event as the rewards really do suck. But my god that node with ares and juggernaut is impossible for me. Guess it is community scaling. They are both lvl 98 and i've wiped twice to them. The second time heavily boosted. tinykitty high level juggernaut

Just deny green and red tiles from Juggs. What I did on those nodes (with all 3 of them at level 131) was start off by attacking Ares first, then when I had big damage moves, use them on Juggs so I could kinda take both of them down at the same time. I was using Patch lvl 106, 85 OBW, and I can't remember the 3rd (maybe 141 hulk, to absorb the damage and throw out anger tiles). Patch throws out strike tiles, and OBW double dips on them to bring them down fast. With a lucky cascade they could go down extremely fast.

Hope this helps.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    And if Patch/Hulk/OBW aren't an option boosted Psyduck (at 132), AWolvie & MNMags can do the job just fine - up against L95s at least. AWolvie gives you something to do with all the red and green you're keeping away from Juggs, and Polarity Shift is capable of a surprising amount of damage with some strike tiles behind it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    So, just before the end of this round of subs, I'm at 35k and the top 10 in my bracket range from 41k-50k. There are 5.5 days left of a 9 day event. Does it seem like the 125k progression reward is achievable to more than the most aggressive of players? I'd wanted to get the black Mohawk cover but I didn't want to have to constantly grind away to do it but I guess that's what it'll take.
    Can I just take the overage above the top progression from the TAT event and apply it to this one? icon_e_smile.gif

I'm betting no. Rule of thumb is if it's a garbage cover that has been out forever we surpass that progression tenfold. If it's in demand we don't get close.

Event is almost half over and there's no main rubber banding in this event like TaT, only subs. So only the ppl grinding 100% of the time may be able to sniff it bit I think at most they will get the second last reward.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What! Only one sub now? Or am I missing something?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do a forum search and look for the last ISO-8 thread. All of this has happened before and all of this will blah blah sexy robot time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The missions seem to have slightly higher base points toward the end but it's hardly enough to make up a large deficit at this point. I think only the top 5 or so in each main bracket has a shot at this point unless the points go up significantly, and I wouldn't be surpised if nobody got close to 125K either.

For the Juggernaut nodes, I really don't think the guys who say it's easy are helping anyone. if you don't have some kind of super cheap combo, Juggernaut is just always very hard. Trying to deny a color at all costs usually just means the computer drops a monster cascade on you and you wipe out even faster. About all you can do is have someone who can regen (Patch/Daken) or a ton of HP (Thor, who is boosted in this event) take the Headbutt and hope you don't make too many mistakes. Or you can bring Magneto.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In my typical v Juggernaut match, he only has the ability to get off his headbutt one time (sometimes 2, if he is scaled high). Which pretty much decimates one character, but you can usually predict when it's coming and have it take out somebody that already has low hps.

If you have the luxury of a wide roster, it's a good time to bring in some of your buffed 2* characters or C-teamers like GSBW, IM40 or Doom to take the hit.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    For those who say 'I'm not doing much in this event', you do realize this event has about half the nodes compared to a normal PvE event?

I was just thinking that this is far less nodes than last time. I like it. Feels more... achievable... bearable... regardless of placing.
    Unless you're going for the very top, it's not like it's worth doing more than a couple of the non-essential nodes more than a couple times
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    For the Juggernaut nodes, I really don't think the guys who say it's easy are helping anyone. if you don't have some kind of super cheap combo, Juggernaut is just always very hard. Trying to deny a color at all costs usually just means the computer drops a monster cascade on you and you wipe out even faster. About all you can do is have someone who can regen (Patch/Daken) or a ton of HP (Thor, who is boosted in this event) take the Headbutt and hope you don't make too many mistakes. Or you can bring Magneto.

Beating Jugg IS easy, you just have to have a pretty good team comp and use some AP boosts, and take the time to win the match. People just complain about a match taking long, and not wanting to AP boosts, and not using the same lazy team set ups they always use. You still lose if the enemy uber cascades but that's true of many matches and can mostly be prevented by smart play.

I Used to run any of these combos against jugg back in overscaled Hulk event days and they all worked fine.

2*Cap + 2* OBW+ Damage/Tank character

MN Mag + (2* Cap, OBW, 2*Storm, Spiderman Classic, MBW) + 3* Tank/damage character. Roll stuns on Jugg when they have 6 red.

Classic Mags + Strike Tile character + ap boost = obvious game over

Others....

3* Cap + Hood, Boost /stock lots of blue, roll stuns on Jugg only when they have 6 red
    Spiderman Classic + Hood, Boost/stock blue, roll stuns on Jugg only when they have 6 red

Hulk Tank + Patch +whomever in the back. absorb and go nuts with green attacks, if hulk dies, your red is ready to insta kill someone.

I actually prefer NOT to use Daken or Patch as the tank, since if you get unlucky they can drop in 1-2 turns since their healing won't keep up. A bigger HP pool is the name of the game for a tank against Jugg.

There I said it was easy, and i'm providing advice.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Do a forum search and look for the last ISO-8 thread. All of this has happened before and all of this will blah blah sexy robot time.

Ghast! You leapfrogged me in the Sudan sub! Damn my having to deal with traffic and go to work instead of being able to grind all the way to end! icon_cry.gif

(Flails tiny kitten fists uselessly at the sky) icon_evil.gif

All kiding aside, well played! icon_lol.gif Hope you got that other guy, and get top 2 or something. I thought for sure he was uncatchable when we first started that sub, but we sure got close in the end! (My score last I was able to check read with me in #3 spot)

Eagerly awaits the next installment of Ghast's LR crazyness, hoping for Battle Angel appeasement day again
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to ask. In the past I usually expected a refresh at 8 or 12 hours and I cleared nodes like 3 or four times each and waited. Is there really any difference now - or is it just mental since there's a timer to see?
  • mmrosek
    mmrosek Posts: 40
    Options
    Is Russia the only sub-event this time?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I remember now! (sorta) Last time, Russia was the only sub where the meter couldn't be filled. So we did NOT save Fury technically, I believe. Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Event tokens produced nothing but ISO so far, but I decided to save Heroics for a week or two.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

So it is only one then. There was about 55 pages about last event, had to read about six of them to find out. But with mpq, you never know is something intended, or bugging, have had my first sub disappear and come back couple times... Thats why I asked. And seems that I aint the only one asking...

Oh, best bug happened at the sub before this one. Did the thousand points node when it appeared, and some essentials after that, and when i was looking at the player rank when there were less than a minute playtime, (as the ranking arent updating as they should...) hit the back button, got to the sub event screen where there was only that final node and every other node had disappeared, and no time on the clock ...but the node was open and it let me play it again icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

I'm betting no. Rule of thumb is if it's a garbage cover that has been out forever we surpass that progression tenfold. If it's in demand we don't get close.

Event is almost half over and there's no main rubber banding in this event like TaT, only subs. So only the ppl grinding 100% of the time may be able to sniff it bit I think at most they will get the second last reward.

This was my inclination as well, but hoped for a more favorable second opinion icon_e_smile.gif
    I'll just pull up the reward screen and stare longingly...
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    In my typical v Juggernaut match, he only has the ability to get off his headbutt one time (sometimes 2, if he is scaled high). Which pretty much decimates one character, but you can usually predict when it's coming and have it take out somebody that already has low hps.

If you have the luxury of a wide roster, it's a good time to bring in some of your buffed 2* characters or C-teamers like GSBW, IM40 or Doom to take the hit.
    Exactly.

Super Juggs and/or Ares is easy as long as you go into the fight knowing he's going to mess someone up - I just make sure it's someone who can take the hit or I don't care if I lose.