ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So what's the top score in the slacker bracket? I have 23K as of the end of the last round.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, i've played a grand total of about 2:15 so far, and it's gotten me 400hp and 2 red storm covers, so... i'm cool with it. also sitting in 2nd place in main, which is kind of laughable honestly (considering my effort).

I hate you so... so much. icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, i've played a grand total of about 2:15 so far, and it's gotten me 400hp and 2 red storm covers, so... i'm cool with it. also sitting in 2nd place in main, which is kind of laughable honestly (considering my effort).

I hate you so... so much. icon_razz.gif
    Repeat after me: Mostorm sucks.
    Nobody needs Mostorm.
    She's a waste of ISO.

There. Better now?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ...No. >< Also, the 400 HP would be nice.

Plus side, I'm quickly approaching the last of the roster spots I'll need until new characters come out.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Plus side, I'm quickly approaching the last of the roster spots I'll need until new characters come out.
    You mean in 14 days, when the next PVE ends? icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So this is four subs in a row where the progress bar was what... maybe half full? And tomorrow it will be six of them, unless they add points the way they did in Sentry. For the first pair of subs I played a total of 15-20 nodes each and got top 50 for the HP. This time half that many nodes and still top 200. One 3* (blue Crotchdevil, which I "needed"), and the rest were converted into LThor levels. I'm playing less than I have in any pve since I started and I'm still top 50 in my main. I like this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Yep. icon_razz.gif

So are people just waiting until near the end of the sub events and playing through what they can a couple times? Sounds like a decent plan to me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hp would be nice, but far too early to wake up for that every single day
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So are people just waiting until near the end of the sub events and playing through what they can a couple times? Sounds like a decent plan to me.
    While the ending times are Euro-friendly I play an hour before the end and see that I make top 50 for the HP.
    Once the end times switch to 6 am again I'll play once before bed and hope for top 300 for the token.
    I think I played 10 missions tops per sub so far.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bizarre ISO-8 token drops for me the last couple days. 4 tokens each day (2 individual, 2 alliance). Two 3* drops each day. BOTH TIMES, Spiderman/Daredevil. Groundhogs day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They dropped the global goal for this set of subs. 60 and 65 million. Might be reachable. I would love the bonus iso.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    So what's the top score in the slacker bracket? I have 23K as of the end of the last round.
    As of right now (can't tell if anyone's played next subs yet, I think maybe a little since bloodwars is 3rd now, but doesn't look like a lot of pts) the leader is at 19,511. I'm sitting in 12th (only dropped 3 spots so far!) with 14,732.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Yep. icon_razz.gif

I wait till about maybe 15 minutes left In the subs and play a few nodes in each sub. Managed two top 10s and two top 100s. Awesome PvE lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow... yeah, that sounds much better.

I forget. Is Iso-8 Brotherhood one where the main map will get a bunch of Nodes during the last however long period?
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Wow... yeah, that sounds much better.

I forget. Is Iso-8 Brotherhood one where the main map will get a bunch of Nodes during the last however long period?

No. A one time node with a large amount of iso reward will open up if you hit the target for each sub event though, and they're worth a decent number of points too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay. Couldn't remember what this one was like.

Huh. looks like the total points needed have come down, but it doesn't seem like it'll be enough still.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Huh. looks like the total points needed have come down, but it doesn't seem like it'll be enough still.

Last time it was ran I think the easy bracket hit its goals but the hard bracket never came close, or maybe it hit the target once.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Last time it was ran I think the easy bracket hit its goals but the hard bracket never came close, or maybe it hit the target once.

I thought that last time the easy one hit every time and the hard one hits its goals all but one time, although a couple of times it happened VERY late- maybe during the last hour.

I've basically ignored this event so far due to the PVP crunch time. I'm glad they stuck IM40 in as the prize so I don't feel at all bad about that. I'm less glad that my consolation heroic tokens from the subs in this have all sucked so far, but eh, what can you do?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember it more like phantron, although I thought a little less. Like all but 1 or 2 easy and maybe 1 of the hard ones. Maybe it just got harder towards the end and that's what I remember most though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The run rate suggests that if the global goals are hit then it would only be in the last 30 mins or so of the subs if people go to the effort of GRINDING down their nodes. I'm not sure it's likely.

*CUTS TO DEMIURGE HQ*

- I don't get it...

- What?

- God damn Euro's complaining of 5am finishes, so we give them an event with reasonable finish times and look... LOOK

- Pfff, they're not even trying. It's like they don't even want IM40. He's rad. He's IRON MAN. They're going to feel like suckers when the Character rankings come out and he's beaten Bagman into 1st place by a fair margin.

- Yeah, stupid Europeans. I voted 50 times for IM40 so it's, like, guaranteed.

- It's more guaranteed than your Mom *HIGH FIVE* - but how about those global goals? Think we should bring them down to an achievable level?

- And give out free ISO when they could buy it for $80 to half level a 3*? Not likely dude. Tell ya what, I'll reduce it to enough that it's JUST out of reach. That'll show em we care.

- How about that 125k progression reward? Surely we should make that achievable. You know how they all get in a hissy stink over that stuff...

- No worries, I've got a plan to completely screw over the scoring in the last day or so. No idea if it'll mean people can hit the 125k or not, but it'll be fun watching I guess.

*HIGH TEN*

In all seriousness though, this nothing PvE is highly welcome in itself - it's just a MASSIVE shame that the first Euro friendly pve event happens to also be the one with the least attractive final rewards... ever?