ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The crew and I talked it over and we agreed that you can swap to your heart's content on this one. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Wonder if there's some concern at the devs that the state of PVE is SO bad that everyone is happy that the rewards are **** and they can sit this one out?
    Probably not.
    Nah, they'll look at the metrics and see engagement is down. They're not entirely sure why, but obviously people enjoy grinding every 2.5 hours, and having the scaling shoot up
  • Unknown
    Options
    wow, a 10 day event for IM40 covers? I dont even have my IM40 anywhere near covered and I have no interest in this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've said that PvE tends to award more quality covers, but that appears to be just the result of a freak accident as proven by this event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I've said that PvE tends to award more quality covers, but that appears to be just the result of a freak accident as proven by this event.

I think what we're seeing with this one and the BP covers from the sims is a feeling out of how much they can lower the value of PVE rewards and keep people playing. Perhaps with most of the choice options for lazy revamps already used, they'll start trying to get more milage out of new covers and award them less. Or it could just be the latest manifestation of the overall push to see how little they can award and keep people paying.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I probably would have done a fair amount of play to try for the Storm black. But I will be occupied during the last 100 hours of this tournament, so I don't believe that is happening.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I think what we're seeing with this one and the BP covers from the sims is a feeling out of how much they can lower the value of PVE rewards and keep people playing. Perhaps with most of the choice options for lazy revamps already used, they'll start trying to get more milage out of new covers and award them less. Or it could just be the latest manifestation of the overall push to see how little they can award and keep people paying.

Well the tendency to have new characters to be introduced in PvE means the average cover from a PvE will tend to be more valuable (assuming you believe new characters are inherently more valuable). It sure look like prior to this event there was a conscious decision to not include 3*s that no one cares about. Sure people got tired of having all the Punisher or Captain covers in PvE, but they're definitely good characters to have.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Wonder if there's some concern at the devs that the state of PVE is SO bad that everyone is happy that the rewards are **** and they can sit this one out?
    Probably not.
    Nah, they'll look at the metrics and see engagement is down. They're not entirely sure why, but obviously people enjoy grinding every 2.5 hours, and having the scaling shoot up

I know the PVE's only been up for 6 hours but the progression toward the unlocks in the subs has been pathetic. About 7% each with 18.5 hours left in the sub.

At this rate, they MIGHT get to 40-50% right before they close.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I decided to get the 4 per node rewards and grind the nodes every 2.5 hours till I have all 4. Then wait for the new subs. Don't care much about the rest. I now have all the covers.

9 days like this will be quite boring.

I enjoy playing Storm and Psylocke though.

Struggling in the last PvE for a Very Lazy Storm was quite a disapointment. Just hope She-Hulk will be sexier and worth the pain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hopefully playing the subs will get us some tickets to get more Storm covers

I got lucky on the daily deal and snagged my 2nd Psylocke red (she's 2/3/4 so far lvl 60)

Thick as Thieves wore me out and I don't need Iron Man, but I'm a devoted Storm/X-Men fan so I'll slog my way to 125k
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:

I got lucky on the daily deal and snagged my 2nd Psylocke red (she's 2/3/4 so far lvl 60)

Thick as Thieves wore me out and I don't need Iron Man, but I'm a devoted Storm/X-Men fan so I'll slog my way to 125k

You saw the 4.4% draw rate for Mohawk, right? You can punch a stranger right in the face and there is a better chance that he won't hit you back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:

You saw the 4.4% draw rate for Mohawk, right? You can punch a stranger right in the face and there is a better chance that he won't hit you back.

True but you'd need to either trigger Hood's intimidation technique too or they just have you arrested for assault icon_lol.gif

I just figure if I'm aiming for 125k over 10 days hopefully the tokens will give me something decent
  • Unknown
    Options
    Competition seems pretty light so far. Hitting the bonus node target seems downright impossible at this point. Hitting the Storm cover seems iffy at this point. I remember the points go up later but it's not by a lot.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know what is the positive point from this PVE? We can finally get some decent sleep instead of waking up at odd hours. Hello Mr sandman!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm just cruising in this one at the moment and I'm clearly not alone - one pass through Peru put me into the top 50...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm pretty much only playing this event for Iso-8 Brotherhood tokens. Hopefully I can get a couple decent covers.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm pretty much only playing this event for Iso-8 Brotherhood tokens. Hopefully I can get a couple decent covers.
    Yeah? same going for this tokens, top 300 it's enought icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    I just figure if I'm aiming for 125k over 10 days hopefully the tokens will give me something decent

12.5K looks doable for each set of subs but seems like too much "work" to me for a single cover. However the progress bars which might be 60% full by the end of the subs so the bonus ISO not going to be obtained.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:

12.5K looks doable for each set of subs but seems like too much "work" to me for a single cover. However the progress bars which might be 60% full by the end of the subs so the bonus ISO not going to be obtained.

Yeah definitely doable, but still a tedious amount of grinding required. Fingers crossed for good token draws and some hero points

Less than 4 hours left in this current pair of subs and I agree I don't think we'll unlock any of the extra nodes... perhaps the final day if mega rubber banding hits
  • Unknown
    Options
    no RB(i guess), probably high scalling(look like tanking don't help), node in hard sub nigeria 3(ares with alot AP), no HP progressive rewards, slow global score progress(not full story-line again), IM 40 as rewards
    D3 definitely want give us 10 day vacation icon_e_biggrin.gif