ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll be surprised if the devs are wondering why people aren't playing. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Personally if I even look at the subs my eye starts twitching.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Wonder if there's some concern at the devs that the state of PVE is SO bad that everyone is happy that the rewards are **** and they can sit this one out?
    Probably not.
    Nah, they'll look at the metrics and see engagement is down. They're not entirely sure why, but obviously people enjoy grinding every 2.5 hours, and having the scaling shoot up

You know what, people look at nodes and they know they'll get those points, then they look at the progression rewards, do some math (ugh math) and know whether they can get those covers or not. Where's the excitement in that?
    Know what people would love?
    Nodes with random points. You play the match, you get some random points. Maybe have a 5% chance of getting full node value, no one wants to make things too sure because we like fun.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cleared 'hard' off 500 and 250 ISO rewards and am done until next set of subs

Feels strange playing this way but whatever icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:

I can't even be arsed to do that much.
    Did each node once, repeated the highest point mission once, done.
    Just going for top 300 for that token, lol.
    I expect my scaling to decrease by a truly epic amount In the next PVE icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    morgh wrote:

I expect my scaling to decrease by a truly epic amount In the next PVE icon_e_biggrin.gif

Same. I've done every node once at the beginning. Then hit the high point node, and the two essentials a total of two other times. That has me top 200 and as long as I'm top 300 I don't care.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Welp, I'm enjoying this event so far. The Bonus Tokens I got for getting the update early or whatever it was got me an IW cover, and a recruit token from one of the nodes just got me a Spidey. Until more characters are intro'd, I should only need two more Roster spots: for Lazy Thor and Storm.

EDIT: Looks like I got into the Top 100 of each, so I'll have a couple Packs to open later. Hoping for some 3*s.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    morgh wrote:

That's all I've done except I passed on the Ares node in Nigeria too...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I would imaging the amount your scaling is decreased at the end of an event is also proportional to the amount it increased.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    looks like bloodwars, Ghast, Laoahpeh, mischiefmaker, and STALKER7 all had the same idea icon_razz.gif. You guys cleared just a little more than me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have no idea why, but it's so funny how... not competitive this event is so far. icon_razz.gif Can it stay like this? I mean, I could use the IM40 covers, I guess, but I don't really care that much about 'em. I just wanted to get the Top 100 because I was close enough and could use the Iso-8 to level some characters.

Opened my 2 Packs from the last round. Only 3* was a Red Rags. Better than nothing. Now he's up to 2/4 for me.

EDIT: Awh. I can't do either of the Essential Nodes in the sub events this round. I don't have 3* Thor or Storm. icon_e_sad.gif Guess I can't go for the top this round... damn. Oh. The one in Namibia actually requires Cap. I have him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm just clearing 100 HP per sub (fingers crossed) to buy a few Über Daken covers.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgh wrote:

Pretty much what I'm doing. Might as well obtain as much ISO & level my characters in the process.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cap required nodes. Neat. Time for my 3/5/5 level 6 Cap to shine!
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

i havent had room on my roster for him, so i sold my 5/5 bullseye cause i dont think hes ever been required and modern cap has been boosted quite a bit
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

i havent had room on my roster for him, so i sold my 5/5 bullseye cause i dont think hes ever been required and modern cap has been boosted quite a bit

In attempt to a) take damage, and b) make an event I'm not overly interested in somewhat interesting, I went with level 6 Cap, 89 L'Daken (4/2/3), and 85 OBW to steal, delay countdowns, and double up on espionage on blue and purple (I think Daken takes over black unfortunately).
    Cap's red shield throws against the 90+ goons were funny. By the time I'd matched all of that lovely green with no green users, he was hitting for almost 500 a throw. icon_e_sad.gif
    Definitely took damage, and ended up having a good time with it.
    I'm just so used to how great big Shieldbro is at 141 (my first maxed 3*), that playing with babyshield is rather tragic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just woke up its 4PM, slept for 12 hours, sub ended 7 hours ago have not checked to see if I got bottom 200 of 1k, don't really care. Feels good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I'm just clearing 100 HP per sub (fingers crossed) to buy a few Über Daken covers.
    That's pretty much my plan. I just wonder whether the UDaken covers are worth it. How good is he really?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Even under leveled, Daken chewed me up something fierce in the late hours of Cage Match and I expect the same in LoT. With Spidey nerfed, the little mopey mullethawk weirdo is a major force to be reckoned with.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    That's pretty much my plan. I just wonder whether the UDaken covers are worth it. How good is he really?
    He's become a staple on my teams. Ok on offense, great on defense. He's like Patch without the drawbacks, and will get only better when CMags is gone and you can't just go to town on everyone without even looking at their team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    He's become a staple on my teams. Ok on offense, great on defense. He's like Patch without the drawbacks, and will get only better when CMags is gone and you can't just go to town on everyone without even looking at their team.

Yup. I'm still missing 2 covers on Daken, but at 115, he already has a place on my "A" team.

He's Patch, without the massive drawbacks (yes, he has some, but is limited to himself only and not your entire team).
    He generates green strike tiles for free from matches from either side's matches, freeing green AP to be given to the ability of your choice (hello, World Rupture and Call the Storm). [Semi-obsoletes Punisher's Judgement, and does obsolete just about everyone else as well]
    He covers Black and Purple to assist with rainbow match damage, but allows you to feed other characters that AP to fuel other abilities.

So.. yeah... he is stupid good on almost any team composition. Keep debating how long I can hold off buying those two covers while waiting for another PvP event with him as the featured character.