ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Right now Daken is only kept in check by Magneto who can eliminate all the blue immediately which makes attacking Daken first feasible. When you can no longer do that, you'd have to use the same strategy against Patch (save up enough damage for 5800 in one round) but unlike Patch, Daken does most of his damage by just being alive via Phermone Rage whereas Patch you can limit his damage by keeping him away from green. In this event I run Falcon + Daken and it's not unusual to be piling up 4 digit match 3s. I also found that higher level of Bird Strike to be basically useless because the real protection comes from Inspiration. Sure having more tiles makes it slightly less likely the upgraded tiles will get destroyed but it's still pretty random between Bird Strike + Inspiration, and it's more than enough for match 3s and weaker moves like Molotov while not really enough to deal with any hard hitting ability anyway.

The top of the bracket score still looks like roughly the same as 'down to 1' but I actually got top 10 in the easy bracket which seems to suggest less activity than normal. Normally the easy bracket is way harder to place because everyone can grind that bracket easily and I don't make an especial effort to get top 10 there (though I certainly want to have top 10). The hard bracket, like usual, is pretty easy to place top 10 as long as you're powerful enough.

Keep in mind the difficulty of this event is going to spike way up when The Hood and Dr. Doom shows up, so while it's pretty smooth sailing so far, I expect Dr. Doom + 2 doombots to be quite brutal this time around without Spiderman, same with The Hood + Muscle + whatever.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    What a nice, relaxing event. Yesterday I played each node once, repeated the high-scoring ones, and went to bed. Woke up to two event tokens and three standard tokens (from alliance rewards). Cashed them in and pulled a green Lazy Thor and a blue cMags. That's on top of a standard token I got from one of the nodes that pulled me a black Psylocke. So that's already three times as many useful covers as I got from all the grinding on TaT.

The metrics tell me that if I want better rewards I should play less.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if they're going to notice that we're not getting ANYWHERE near the point totals for the bars in these subevents and make any changes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    looks like bloodwars, Ghast, Laoahpeh, mischiefmaker, and STALKER7 all had the same idea icon_razz.gif. You guys cleared just a little more than me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Add myself to the pile of forumers in the same bracket.

So... any guess on the over/under that R55 started treating PvE brackets in the same way as PvP ones?

Also, for an event that is being played lightly, node levels seem to be skyrocketing rather quickly. Most of the nodes have already reached triple digits, and even the essentials have already hit 100. I wonder how long until the non-essentials become 200+? Thanks R55! icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think a lot of us started Main with just 90 minutes left in the subs. I know I did.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing there won't be a mission in New Zealand, seeing as the map doesn't go far enough east. Ah well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The problem is since there's so little time left in the season, too many are focusing on shield training and the Thor pvp
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I think a lot of us started Main with just 90 minutes left in the subs. I know I did.

same. who needs IM40 anyways? I'm just farming some hp and the useless tokens that come with them.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i'm barely even trying at this event just cause it's so close to end of the season. I can tell by the scores and brackets, i'm barely even trying and i'm in top 75.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm so glad there is nothing worth bothering for. Especially since they aren't rotating the sub ends. Waking up a couple times a week for the close is fine, but kitty doing it every day
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem is since there's so little time left in the season, too many are focusing on shield training and the Thor pvp
    Nope, most of us wouldn't play this even at the start of season 3 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This is the perfect opportunity to take a break from PVE with those **** rewards.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really want to Thank you d3 for these pve holidays.. I wont have to lose any sleep for missing **** rewards over the next 9 days..i clear a node here and there when im bored.. And thats all i can ask for a match 3 game.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Nope, most of us wouldn't play this even at the start of season 3 icon_e_biggrin.gif
    This is the perfect opportunity to take a break from PVE with those **** rewards.
    I need IM40 covers and I still can't be arsed icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    My goal is top 50 in the subs - if I can do it in all of them that's 900 hp and a zillion tokens for not all that much effort. I'm not putting much effort into the main; I could use another red to finish out my IM40, I guess, but I'm getting one on day 235 apparently, and I think that's only a couple weeks away. It's not like I'm going to have my IM40 up at level 128, desperate to level him up, before then.

I think they looked at the top scores getting 5-6 times the top progression award last time and overcorrected. I don't know if anybody's going to get much more than about 60k this time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh man. D3 is so nice. Apparently they knew I was playing this (we'll just leave out a descriptive word) event a little too much, so they gave me a complete **** game in the Venom/Ares/Yelena node. Phew. I almost might have started playing their game more.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Subs aren't even close to filling up. I joined the ones that just ended at 11:45, neither had the full amount of players. I haven't seen a progress bar even close to completion. People are not playing this event and that makes me happy. Maybe d3 will make some changes finally...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Lyrian - yeah, I noticed you this time around - didn't see you in top ~15 after the first sub, which was all I could see since I was 11th. You can add me to the "joined in last 90 minutes" crowd. Our bracket must be full of other slackers like us, cause I did nothing and just joined with about an hour left this time and still jumped into the top 10. Looks like taking it easy and farming hp/iso is going to win the covers after all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah, i've played a grand total of about 2:15 so far, and it's gotten me 400hp and 2 red storm covers, so... i'm cool with it. also sitting in 2nd place in main, which is kind of laughable honestly (considering my effort).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    yeah, i've played a grand total of about 2:15 so far, and it's gotten me 400hp and 2 red storm covers, so... i'm cool with it. also sitting in 2nd place in main, which is kind of laughable honestly (considering my effort).
    I would hate you with a passion... if I had any intention of leveling Mostorm anytime soon (or at all).
    As it is, you're welcome to those covers icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    Yeah that's what I mean about having a bunch of slackers together in the same bracket. Just seeing the scores for ours I'd be surprised if anyone has put in more than 3 or 4 hours total. So, if you can beat them faster than most, you can easily put in less time and end up with more points.