ISO-8 Brotherhood (June 13 to 22)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    rawl316 wrote:
    I'm ahead of 3rd by almost 10k. Yay iw?

I'm wondering if the storm is possible for me. I'm at 106k

You should be able to do 15K per day on the last two days unless something dramatically changes on the last day, so that should be able to hit 125K pretty comfortably.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KyleStrife, I'm not sure if you're reading this, but if you are, I just want to tell you that I would really appreciate it if you stopped playing after getting the Storm cover. I would really like that green IW and it will suck so hard missing one of these again. icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I probably should stop playing

I got booted from the alliance im in i rather not play until im in a new alliance icon_e_sad.gif not worth playing solo
  • Unknown
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE these garbage games I keep getting in. Why the hell does the enemy keep getting these damn perfect cascades to get EVERYTHING THEY NEED and constantly leave me with NOTHING to make but some worthless 3 match. And somehow that god damn Ragnarok always has JUST the amount of Reds and Greens it needs to keep using those damn moves. And 2* Caps moves are COMPLETELY worthless. And the board always makes sure Rags always has a Green Match 4 lined up and ready to go.

Pamizard: If we had the extra spot, I'd invite you to join our Alliance. Only 7 people atm, though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I HATE HATE HATE these garbage games I keep getting in. Why the hell does the enemy keep getting these damn perfect cascades to get EVERYTHING THEY NEED and constantly leave me with NOTHING to make but some worthless 3 match. And somehow that god damn Ragnarok always has JUST the amount of Reds and Greens it needs to keep using those damn moves. And 2* Caps moves are COMPLETELY worthless. And the board always makes sure Rags always has a Green Match 4 lined up and ready to go.

Pamizard: If we had the extra spot, I'd invite you to join our Alliance. Only 7 people atm, though.

I ran this event with no board manipulation/AP acceleration the entire time minus the required characters that can do it and even Ragnarok's fairly humble board manipulation abilities adds up to a lot when you have no way to manipulate the board or gain additional AP.

In retrospect the villians featured in this event is probably the limit of what board manipulation should be. You shouldn't just be able to get a new board with Magneto or even a Thunder Strike. Note that Technopathic Strike only really works because the enemy gets free blue AP. Otherwise you got to match blue to power it but it needs a lot of blue on the board to do its damage. If Thunder Strike added 9 yellow tiles instead of 9 green tiles, it'd be way weaker as an ability, but that's probably what it should actually do. Well, you might be able to get near infinites if you started out with enough for 2 Thunder Strikes, but that's 24 yellow AP which would more than end any game right now anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh sweet, sweet irony.

I had some free time at the end of the sub, so I pushed up to top 10 (4th and 5th, yay?) for the extra HP. Just got my tokens, and finally got a 3* out of one of the event tokens. And.... IM40 - yellow cover. The one I was debating trying to go up to top 20 tomorrow night to get (fairly casual play has me at 29th right now). Guess that means I don't really have to do it. Puts me at 1/5/2 IM40, and I'm not sure I'd apply a 3rd yellow anyhow.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I finally joined the Indonesia sub with about 15 minutes to go and found myself in a bracket with Sauce and Twysta - and one pass put me in the top 100...

People really aren't going after this one hard at all icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got 2 Brotherhood packs. Kinda sucks that I was depressed to get a 4*. Invisible Woman Yellow cover. Other was some 2* I didn't need.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah im just going to end this event and just rank where i am going to rank at

least i got storm from the alliance i was in last before i got kicked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    deadlylol wrote:
    0933ca7616b27060ca2f26a9af0305dc.png
    soo.. gz with it, u got probably first storm from progressive..

am i alone with those huge points in top1-2?

im in the same bracket. i just cracked 125k for 7th overall. the top 10 is all going to be over 125k for this pve...minimum.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bonus nodes are open.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    yeah im just going to end this event and just rank where i am going to rank at

least i got storm from the alliance i was in last before i got kicked.

Chaos League has two spots open. They're good people, they might be happy to have you.

Doing my final run for this event in an hour or so. We'll see where I'll end up, but it's been a lovely breather of an event with a decent 3 star drop rate for tokens for me ( even if only one was useful)
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not really pushing for it, but I am targeting a handful of ISO's (figured these type of events are gold mine to more or less max out 3* characters). I'm only ranked so high purely because replaying the same nodes repeatedly when it rewards you 20 iso's...
  • Unknown
    Options
    From a PVE event which started during the PVP crunch time at end of Season 2 and which had IM40 as the end-of-event reward to a PVE event coming in the dog days of early season PVP before people start worrying they're falling behind and which will probably have She Hulk as reward? Boy howdy, the competition is about to get so much bigger in PVE land... I'm enjoying this relaxed one while it lasts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm top ten and not quite sure what to do. 125k is out of reach; dropping below top 20 probably not likely. I'll probably do another refresh and call it. If I cared more I'd probably be fighting to secure top ten, but the difference between top ten and twenty is minimal.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gotta thank you TooBadUnknown from [Just] for being sporting and not pushing more after he/she got the 125K reward, since there's already a fully covered IW in his/her roster.

I wasn't able to play much of the subs for 2 days and that dropped me to #3 no matter how optimal I tried to play. Rubberbanding is weak but fair to those who put effort into this PVE. Overall this PVE is quite relaxed and scaling has been decent. With the exception of the final rewards I would say that devs almost nailed down the mechanism for PVE.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    TooBad is unable to play at the end, but he will probably appreciate the kind words anyway icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think there was a guy with 170K at the top of my bracket. I found that I was playing more for the 200 HP for top 10 finishes in each sub more than whatever my placement in my main was, though of course it's hard to place low if you got top 10 in all the subs, but honestly I didn't really care what my finish on the main was.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I think there was a guy with 170K at the top of my bracket. I found that I was playing more for the 200 HP for top 10 finishes in each sub more than whatever my placement in my main was, though of course it's hard to place low if you got top 10 in all the subs, but honestly I didn't really care what my finish on the main was.

Yep he was always about 12-15K ahead of me and I finished at 160K. He/she must really hate sleep to have put up that many points (most people would probably say the same about me too I guess).

Edit: He took first with 177591 about 17K ahead of me in 2nd.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, we finally got the PVE rankings sticking around. But SpideyPVP seems to have vanished.

And... I got 21st. That's fine. I didn't want that yellow cover anyway. I'll build my own awesome fighting suit. With blackjack. And hookers.