PVP Supports: Feedback Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,001 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:

@vinnygecko said:
    I've liked supports in PVP at first, it was something new to figure out and brought some nice surprises along the way.
    Now I'm seeing many of the same defensive supports over and over again, just like I see MThor and Shang 24/7. It's gotten stale and somewhat annoying.

Also, MThor with Fantasticar feels very broken. I lost after turn 1 with boosted Moon Knight and Crystal

Probably could have stopped at mThor. She remains the most broken thing since they neutered Chasm.

Fantasticar has been a much better PvP support than it was a PvE though. In PvE I'm usually trying to make things as predictable as possible. In PvP that chaos is delightful.

It's MThor's blue that's the problem when that thing goes off she can do 5-6 moves in a row

Not even the blue, just the passive part of it. There are counters for it at least now (looking at you soon to be ascended Shaw). But virtually free board shake is broken.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker

I wish Shaw had been released as a 5, he would've been awesome. A mthor counter and tank, both of which are lacking in 5land. Yeah you can ascend him but that takes a big chunk of time.

He also depowers SAP tiles doesn't he? That would counter a lot of troublesome people as well, like BRB or even mayday.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,687 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 July 2024, 17:36

Let's not turn this into another nerf character thread.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I wish Shaw had been released as a 5, he would've been awesome. A mthor counter and tank, both of which are lacking in 5land. Yeah you can ascend him but that takes a big chunk of time.

He also depowers SAP tiles doesn't he? That would counter a lot of troublesome people as well, like BRB or even mayday.

His %ages shift as a 5* but the functionality remains the same:

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 85 Match Maker

With the support enabled in PVP, it really sucks out any remaining 'fun' out if it after the 'metas' stomping everything to the ground. Simply because most of the perks from support rely on RNG, and i can't mention it enough: IT ALWAYS SIDES WITH THEOPPONENT. At least that's my experience so far. So, I'm hoping dev will U-turn to not enable support in PVP...

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker

@JoeHandle said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

His %ages shift as a 5* but the functionality remains the same:

Ya but even with his absorption stuff, he's not going to be in front most of the time as a 4*, which is where you want him.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,565 Chairperson of the Boards

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Ya but even with his absorption stuff, he's not going to be in front most of the time as a 4*, which is where you want him.

You'd be surprised. At 370 I got him tanking over Col5 pretty quickly.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,937 Chairperson of the Boards

Wait they removed supports!? RIP Leapfrog!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 2 August 2024, 11:55

I'm hearing supports are back on for deadpool pvp, and with aunt may boosted turn zero wins are a thing.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,393 Chairperson of the Boards

@Daredevil217 said:

Looks like there was a blip with Claws for Concern. It didn't have the "Season" banner even though points count for the season and you could equip supports to your characters, they just didn't do anything.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

@Daredevil217 said:

To me it looks like events like claws for concern, class of....., evergreen, may have a different code. So someone forgot to implement the new add support part of the code. And rather than telling us about it; lets remain silent and move onto the next pvp.

That's my guess without having any insight on how any coding works. Atleast now they know about it and will probably fix it for the anniversary season.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,528 Chairperson of the Boards

Changed my mind -- they should give us supports in PvP, but only when Chasm and m'Thor are boosted at the same time. Actually, maybe give us supports, free boosts, free health packs, and double points for that week too.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker

My matches are way quicker and smoother in Claws for Concern without supports on defense enabled! Lady Thor doesn't become totally broken with Omnipotence City! Yes, she's boosted, but I'd much rather deal with her like this than with OC equipped. Matches aren't dragged out to infinity by Eros' arrow! Boosted characters don't gain a truckload of free AI on battlestart to offload their nuke instantly!

I love this. Now I'm not constantly at a disadvantage! :star: Can we go back to this? This feels nice.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,687 Chairperson of the Boards

Loved it. Fast matches and no garbage where 1* Juggs or 1*Spidey dominate.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 111 Tile Toppler

Good job bringing back supports. Now let me continue one shot non maxed 5* AUNT MAY/EMMA

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,328 Chairperson of the Boards

@Phumade said:

@slidecage said:

@Scofie said:
    I think there are 2 schools of thought here: Playing for placement and playing for wins. It seems the first group are in general, unhappy with supports in PvP and the second group are, generally happy, though this is based upon one event.

My view - I was never competing for anything other than T25 at best or T50. For the Trenchcoat event I finished 51st after dropping 2 places in the last seconds. My score was not great, I got hit way more than before, but wins were easier and quicker. I played an extra few matches as a result.

Overall it was pretty much the same for me. I can see the need for more shields now though and understand how it could be very expensive HP-wise. But the extra rewards from shielding aren't worth the HP to me, so I'll not bother much and I'll take the hits and lost points and hit back a bit more. It's added a bit more thinking and a bit more trying to beat the team in front of me rather just playing with my best characters.

How is shields very expensive hp wise
    Unless I'm so out of it. Don't you just shield in the last 8 hours (most peoplle
    Unless you don't get hammered as I'm thinking

How I play
    Day 1 normal
    Day 2 to end normal shield last 8 hours

Now maybe I'm wrong but if you played day 1 say you got to 900 pts and shield for 8 hours. .. you come up for hits and play wouldn't you be hit faster then you could play

meaning if say i was 1200 came out of shield. Played a game won 49 points I would think you get hit so many times it wouldn't be worth it

Or do people play like crazy first day then just apply sheild after shield till the last 8 or less hours and play (then again I would think you be hit faster then you could play (

Then again maybe I'm wrong and probably are im so wacked out sm at a target and should be working at a meijers

Shield would cost what 2400 max per event

I only do like 8 hours on Sunday and don't think I use any rest of week

Top 100 or top 50 good enough

Pills are fun 😊

Spelling mistake and Grammer nightmare due to cold and nokia 100

O how I hate this Nokia 100 phone

The main thing that has changed is that hp and shields are now cheap compared to their old scarcity. By this I just mean, the avg t50 player and certainly any t25 or better can afford near unlimited shield hops. No, people don't really play that way in general (3hops every 8hrs). But none of those players are under a strict shield budget and the flood of slots has really eliminated HP gold pressure.

Must be getting into sucky groups. I take top 50 without shield if I get around 600 or so

If I wasn't in a g> @CHRISJN said:

Good job bringing back supports. Now let me continue one shot non maxed 5* AUNT MAY/EMMA

25 wins in less then 20 mins who cares how many pts lost. I got my 25 wins good enough