PVP Supports: Feedback Thread

1121314151618»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    I do wish the devs were providing some feedback or data about what they've seen and were trying occasional tweaks to even adjust, as I said before, which ones are available in different PVPs. So far we saw some PVPs where they were accidentally (maybe just 1? 2?) disabled, which isn't really the same thing. An on/off switch isn't really the kind of adjustment tool that should be used.

I suspect we are not getting data on purpose. The obvious reason being that players would immediately try and manipulate the data in order to prove whatever outcome they desired they desired (supports not OK in PvP, supports OK in PvP, a need for rotating list of supports, some supports need Nerf, some supports need boost etc).

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,562 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@bluewolf said:
    I do wish the devs were providing some feedback or data about what they've seen and were trying occasional tweaks to even adjust, as I said before, which ones are available in different PVPs. So far we saw some PVPs where they were accidentally (maybe just 1? 2?) disabled, which isn't really the same thing. An on/off switch isn't really the kind of adjustment tool that should be used.

I suspect we are not getting data on purpose. The obvious reason being that players would immediately try and manipulate the data in order to prove whatever outcome they desired they desired (supports not OK in PvP, supports OK in PvP, a need for rotating list of supports, some supports need Nerf, some supports need boost etc).

KGB

I used to think this too (that they don't share data with us because everybody would use it to beat on them) but I think I changed my mind. I've asked a couple of questions like this in the Q&As (that I thought they'd never touch) and they've answered them. They've answered them from others too.

Currently, I think that they think nobody cares about this stuff -- and if the stats they've given about average rosters and playstyles are correct, maybe they're right! Most MPQ players are very casual.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 September 2024 02:23

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The other one I see a lot (on boosted juggernaut) is the implanted bomb one. Forgot about that one.

Yeah, that one's great. One match i managed to one shot a 672 full health juggernaut with nearly 700k hp with my juggernauts red thanks to the bombs boost

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards

I managed to stun an enemy juggernaut for 3 turns, expecting him to die for not making a move or firing a power in that amount of turns, and he did not. It was delightful.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,783 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pylgrim said:
    Further feedback: I used to play more SIM than PVP events. I only have a comparative few 5* (and most of them old), so in PVP events, I'm usually fighting 550+ level teams with 450 level teams. At least in SIM, it's all 450-500 in my matchmaking. However, with supports, now I'having a much easier time in PVP against those 550+ teams, while in comparison, SIM feels like an utter slog.

I'd much rather now have a loss that came in 1-2 turns due to supports (and some wins like that) than the 5-10 turn losses I get in SIM when the board refuses to give me the colours I need, while the opponent cascades every turn. Much less frustrating.

I’m exactly the same, I’ve stopped in sim. I now just try and fail to play 1 match per day to boost my PvP score a bit but I’ve also gone the full season without touching it. I wish it was just a tryout zone with no affect on season score. It’s so utterly boring playing the same team over and over. I’d play it if they introduced supports but only until I’d worked out my best team and then they would be no variety again.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 September 2024 14:37

@Tony_Foot said:

@Pylgrim said:
    Further feedback: I used to play more SIM than PVP events. I only have a comparative few 5* (and most of them old), so in PVP events, I'm usually fighting 550+ level teams with 450 level teams. At least in SIM, it's all 450-500 in my matchmaking. However, with supports, now I'having a much easier time in PVP against those 550+ teams, while in comparison, SIM feels like an utter slog.

I'd much rather now have a loss that came in 1-2 turns due to supports (and some wins like that) than the 5-10 turn losses I get in SIM when the board refuses to give me the colours I need, while the opponent cascades every turn. Much less frustrating.

I’m exactly the same, I’ve stopped in sim. I now just try and fail to play 1 match per day to boost my PvP score a bit but I’ve also gone the full season without touching it. I wish it was just a tryout zone with no affect on season score. It’s so utterly boring playing the same team over and over. I’d play it if they introduced supports but only until I’d worked out my best team and then they would be no variety again.

If you're problem with sim is hitting the wall of OR, chasm, 3may teams try using Wanda, polaris, and goose against them. Works great for me, make sure to have goose in the middle so they start off making matches against her and making more strike tiles.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 506 Critical Contributor

@BriMan2222 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Pylgrim said:

If you're problem with sim is hitting the wall of OR, chasm, 3may teams try using Wanda, polaris, and goose against them. Works great for me, make sure to have goose in the middle so they start off making matches against her and making more strike tiles.

Instead of Wanda you could do Electro for not only damage mitigation but also yellow generation for either her's or Goose's yellow. Kittie/ascended Nico would be decent. Apoc would give you not only damage boost but that 1st turn stun wouldn't work on him with Polaris being there.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,351 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pantera236 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Pylgrim said:

Instead of Wanda you could do Electro for not only damage mitigation but also yellow generation for either her's or Goose's yellow. Kittie/ascended Nico would be decent. Apoc would give you not only damage boost but that 1st turn stun wouldn't work on him with Polaris being there.

I continue to look for a good way to maximize Deadliest Woman using Polaris. I haven't spent much time with Goose, but it could be that the board would flood fast enough to work with that squad as well.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 506 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@Pantera236 said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Pylgrim said:

I continue to look for a good way to maximize Deadliest Woman using Polaris. I haven't spent much time with Goose, but it could be that the board would flood fast enough to work with that squad as well.

Would depend on how the power treats void and web tiles. Both are neutral so might work.