Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 18:38
    Options

@jp1 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Ah yes, the problem is not a minority of entitled .01%ers throwing a tantrum about "fairness," it's a few people mocking how silly, entitled, and childish they look.

Talk about "rent free!" Get that "ish" (LOL) out of here.

Where is this fictional tantrum?

Apparently on discord, Reddit, LINE, the reviews, Twitter/X, Facebook, MySpace, Tumblr, in-game chats, Only fans, and in the death Notes sent to the developers directly

:)

Edit: Rather than just make a joke, I’ll say this. I come back to like 30 something unread messages and a lot of it is the same dead horse getting pummeled into the ground. Like if there were actually people throwing tantrums and pitching fits left and right I’d say “fair enough”, but that’s just isn’t the case here. At least not here. I’m not really on any platform other than Line which was also pretty tame (at least the rooms I’m in). If folks on other platforms are being that abrasive, why not address it on those platforms. The thing about EB is he’s been here long enough to see actual outrage (True Healing anyone?). So I’m sure even he knows this is not all that huge.

I think the people continuing to carry on and pummel the horse are just upset that the developers more or less agreed with those saying that the feature as is, is player unfriendly (thus trying to fix it in the future). Rather than say, “maybe the other side had a point, and I’m glad the developers are fixing it”, a narrative gets written about entitlement, whining, and complaining. I’m sure those upset, will be happy when they automatically get rewarded retroactively for ascended characters. In the end, everyone will win. So I hope in the end, we can all be happy and move on.

• Daredevil217
    edited 12 January 2024, 18:46
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    ...and this is why poking fun at the entitled MPQ .01% will never stop being funny.

You guys won -- you not only got everything you wanted, but a bunch of you got even more than that, and it's STILL not enough for you. You need the entire community to worship you as if you've fought some grand, selfless battle and earned something for everybody. A few jokes at your expense are "toxic" and "spewing venom." The .01% are so oppressed!

Sorry, some people didn't benefit and never will, and they don't like being told that you won a great victory for them, when it only helps you and will only ever help you.

Is this in reference to me? Because again, I never ascended, and got less than other people who ascended early like yourself. I really don’t care in the end. Discussing the merits of a policy or how a feature is being implemented on a message board seems totally within bounds. Now people are asking to be worshiped, praise, believe that they are “fighting a war “. No one is saying that. Creating a false narrative, and then poking fun, or arguing against that narrative is the definition of a strawman.

It’ll never stop being funny, but not for the reasons you think.

And with that, I’m done. I’ll let you continue poking fun at something that I’ve still yet to see happen (eg the yelling at clouds vibe I mentioned earlier).

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 226 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    I think the people continuing to carry on and pummel the horse are just upset that the developers more or less agreed with those saying that the feature as is, is player unfriendly (thus trying to fix it in the future). Rather than say, “maybe the other side had a point, and I’m glad the developers are fixing it”, a narrative gets written about entitlement, whining, and complaining. I’m sure those upset, will be happy when they automatically get rewarded retroactively for ascended characters. In the end, everyone will win. So I hope in the end, we can all be happy and move on.

I missed the post where the developers said this feature/policy is more or less player unfriendly. Or is this inference based on them changing the original stated policy? It could be they still think the policy was fair but had to change due to complaints from some entitled players.
    Either way this takes away time and resources from other areas like alliances mechanics upgrades or new story designs or user interface changes, which they have been promising will be happening this year. Not to mention between now and whenever they rollout the changes we should be expecting slower CS responses.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,058 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Codex said:

@Daredevil217 said:

I missed the post where the developers said this feature/policy is more or less player unfriendly. Or is this inference based on them changing the original stated policy? It could be they still think the policy was fair but had to change due to complaints from some entitled players.
    Either way this takes away time and resources from other areas like alliances mechanics upgrades or new story designs or user interface changes, which they have been promising will be happening this year. Not to mention between now and whenever they rollout the changes we should be expecting slower CS responses.

Sokun saying that they are looking into a solution to this problem means they recognize there is a problem. I think most people read that as they recognize that disincentiveizing ascension is a problem.

• Daredevil217
    edited 12 January 2024, 19:58
    Options

Since I was quoted directly and not being baited, I’ll respond. Yeah that’s what I was referring to.

I think people are conflating arguing against the system and arguing against the policy as if they’re the same. I broke it down in an earlier post. The policy and the multiple revisions/exceptions are whatever to me. I don’t benefit either way. It’s their time and if they want to spend it sifting through tickets either as a goodwill gesture to right a perceived wrong or to silence MPQ Karens, it really doesn’t matter to me. I also don’t think the people responding to tickets are the same as those who are improving/working on the actual game/code. Different skill sets.

The system where players lose rewards if they ascend too soon and get rewarded/incentivized for not doing it or delaying is what I didn’t love and commented on. If they kept it as is, I’d of kept on playing like I normally do. But I think the official game forums is the right place to voice displeasures with how a feature is being implemented. As long as said concerns are made in a respectful manner. But that’s all stuff for the mods to sort through.

• Codex
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@Codex said:

@Daredevil217 said:

Sokun saying that they are looking into a solution to this problem means they recognize there is a problem. I think most people read that as they recognize that disincentiveizing ascension is a problem.

What are you saying every new feature must benefit 100% of the players base otherwise it is a bad feature. There are are no compromises to be made.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,058 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Codex said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@Codex said:

@Daredevil217 said:

What are you saying every new feature must benefit 100% of the players base otherwise it is a bad feature. There are are no compromises to be made.

I didn't say that all. Not sure how you took what I said as saying that at all. Just pointed out what posts people are likely referring to.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited 12 January 2024, 20:31
    Options

Do I have to be 50's dad and thrash you all with my belt?
    It is what is, I had views on it but to just snipe & b**ch isn't getting anyone anywhere.
    In fact reading these comments reminds of the neighbor arguing scene in ted 2.

• Codex
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    I didn't say that all. Not sure how you took what I said as saying that at all. Just pointed out what posts people are likely referring to.

Apologies. But that quite the leap to make. Would that imply BCS purposely released a bad player policy.

To me that post was BCS caving to a fair policy.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@fight4thedream What do you think about locking this thread? I feel like it's just going around in circles leading nowhere good.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@liminal_lad said:
    @fight4thedream What do you think about locking this thread? I feel like it's just going around in circles leading nowhere good.

I think it'll run out of steam soon enough. Locking it will just drive it somewhere else. If people want to continue discussing it, as long as it is respectful, it's fine.

That’s cool of you. I am done banging my head against a wall. I think what transpired is obvious enough for anyone paying attention.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 774 Critical Contributor
    Options

I put a ticket in at about 9pm GMT on the 10th , will it be answered Monday as CS are not available on weekends??

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    I put a ticket in at about 9pm GMT on the 10th , will it be answered Monday as CS are not available on weekends??

Keep us posted.

Going to be interesting to see if they get to these quickly while some people are yet to get a response to their support jackpot shard tickets.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,206 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 January 2024, 12:47
    Options

Haven’t seen a response to mine either, but I also wasn’t expecting to be able to put in one so I’m not sweating it.

• Codex
    Options

I remember them once answering my ticket on the weekend, and I went back and checked. It happened in November 2017. So it could be possible some of their staff looking to work overtime.

Also, keep posting when tickets were submitted and rewards issued (it is not necessary to say how many covers were received). The wait time info will be helpful to players in the future ticket submission.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,044 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Codex said:
    I remember them once answering my ticket on the weekend, and I went back and checked. It happened in November 2017. So it could be possible some of their staff looking to work overtime.

Also, keep posting when tickets were submitted and rewards issued (it is not necessary to say how many covers were received). The wait time info will be helpful to players in the future ticket submission.

I'm 99.99% sure that their CS is outsourced -- I think it was done in house a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure players caught on to the transition when it happened.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 774 Critical Contributor
    Options

To be fair I’m guessing they will have 100’s of tickets if not 1000’s

Feel sorry for the CS team having all this extra work