Ascended X-23 Notice

Options

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:
    does this mean to save customer service efforts that there will be no more retro feeders for new 5's until the fix is implemented (ie a brand new 4 star could feed a 5 but no older ones so some new 5s may have to wait a few months for their official feeder)?

KGB

This actually seems like the most "fair" policy to adopt, and could lead to Shardmas 4: Return to Shardmas whenever the technology is in place.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bigjojo04 said:
    So despite you guys saying since day 1 you’re not going to give out any retro rewards for ascended characters you now are giving in to all the crybaby whiners and still giving them out to them? Kinda silly but whatever.

So it seems like if something doesn’t go your way just whine and cry about it until the devs just give in. What a great precedent being set here…..

New here? This precedent was set a long time ago. At this point it is what it is, and you should expect it.

I ascended everything immediately and fully expected to get all retro rewards, because I knew that as soon as folks started applying pressure, the devs would immediately cave. This policy was never, ever going to stand up once the complaints started.

You can't really call it a "policy" if it never ever got implemented in any meaningful way. Perhaps we should start thinking about it in other terms:

Possible Suggestion?
    Passing Contemplation?
    LoL Larry from accounting is soooo funny, did you hear his latest one?
    Inevitable Non Implementation?
    Epic Failure?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@revskip said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Shocking!!!

Yep, you called it.

I take zero credit for it and deserve zero credit for it. Anybody who's been paying attention could've predicted exactly how this would go, from day 1 of ascension.

The question is why the devs even bothered to start down this path, knowing how it would end.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@KGB said:
    does this mean to save customer service efforts that there will be no more retro feeders for new 5's until the fix is implemented (ie a brand new 4 star could feed a 5 but no older ones so some new 5s may have to wait a few months for their official feeder)?

KGB

This actually seems like the most "fair" policy to adopt, and could lead to Shardmas 4: Return to Shardmas whenever the technology is in place.

I'd also say that both Nico and X-23 represent extreme examples. Nico's been in the game since 2017 (over 6 years,) and X-23 has been in the game since 2015. Speaking for myself, I don't even have most of the characters in the last 2-3 singe-champed, much less double. Unless I really feel the pinch of not having a 4|5 character (might happen with Polaris, but I favorited her,) I plan on only doing max-champs.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    So despite you guys saying since day 1 you’re not going to give out any retro rewards for ascended characters you now are giving in to all the crybaby whiners and still giving them out to them? Kinda silly but whatever.

So it seems like if something doesn’t go your way just whine and cry about it until the devs just give in. What a great precedent being set here…..

Wouldn't call it a civil war as much as the 3-4 people that were crying the most got their way lol. But it makes sense. I mean, when your kid is screaming and rolling on the floor in the market, everyone's thinking he's a monster, but also wishing you'd just get him that damn candy bar to shut him up (til the next time anyways).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

Wouldn't call it a civil war as much as the 3-4 people that were crying the most got their way lol. But it makes sense. I mean, when your kid is screaming and rolling on the floor in the market, everyone's thinking he's a monster, but also wishing you'd just get him that damn candy bar to shut him up (til the next time anyways).

But in this case he already had the candy bar but now he wants more! A max champed X-23 gave out what, 6 Samurai Daken covers already? Then the dupe gave out some more! That damned kid is tripping balls on sugar!

End of the day though Mum and Dad are the ones who gave in the minute Junior started stropping.They watched Super Nanny, they read Parenting for Dummies, they had a 10 rules program worked out and then they bottled it first sign of a quivering lip and a foot stomp.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They can now get on with the main focus, the last batch so I can open these 10000 tokens or releasing an ascended 1* that isn’t spider man!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun - I also forgot to ask, but will there be an ingame notice given out for this limited time policy? There are a couple of senior players in my alliance that don't read the Forums (speak other languages) or don't appear to read the Forums based on our alliance chat? It seems awfully unfair that the only way players might be able to get these rewards is if the read the Forums here or are active on Discord etc. Plus some players might not be online in this timeframe (8 days) due to real life commitments (I myself was on vacation for 2 weeks over Xmas and didn't check the Forums as I was only playing sporadically) and might not be able to claim in time.

KGB

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thanks CS for doing this! Now I can say the "fingers crossed" I commented on the other post happened. Yay!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Absolutely everything about ascension has made the game more entertaining. My most hearty congratulations to everyone involved, most especially those members of the community who have spread the joy so much wider than anyone could have foreseen.

It's a triumph.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:
    @S0kun - I also forgot to ask, but will there be an ingame notice given out for this limited time policy? There are a couple of senior players in my alliance that don't read the Forums (speak other languages) or don't appear to read the Forums based on our alliance chat? It seems awfully unfair that the only way players might be able to get these rewards is if the read the Forums here or are active on Discord etc. Plus some players might not be online in this timeframe (8 days) due to real life commitments (I myself was on vacation for 2 weeks over Xmas and didn't check the Forums as I was only playing sporadically) and might not be able to claim in time.

KGB

We don't plan to put out a message regarding this as it doesn't affect the majority of players and we're not equipped to handle a deluge of CS tickets in this manner.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:
    I wonder if they are going to actually evaluate the level of the X23 to determine the number of retro covers or whether they are just going to hand out 12 to each person again like they did with Nico. If they do that then it's a real kick in the teeth to those who waited.

@S0kun - Since this is now a going to be a policy of handing out retro feeders via customer service (it's twice now so this is now a policy and no longer an exception) does this mean to save customer service efforts that there will be no more retro feeders for new 5's until the fix is implemented (ie a brand new 4 star could feed a 5 but no older ones so some new 5s may have to wait a few months for their official feeder)?

KGB

1. We're evaluating the level to determine the covers.
    2. Feeders are updated where they make sense canonically so it's hard for us to make any steadfast statement here.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 January 2024, 22:14
    Options

@Sokun

Two things.

One, is it possible for the tech that exists to reward everyone with an ascended toon 6 covers regardless of level? I know it isn’t ideal but it’s a solution that many have posted and would seem happy with (at least it’s something?).

Second, is everyone getting 12 covers again or will this be case by case? If the former it probably makes sense for some folks (like myself who would only get 9 if I wait) to ascend now.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

But in this case he already had the candy bar but now he wants more! A max champed X-23 gave out what, 6 Samurai Daken covers already? Then the dupe gave out some more! That damned kid is tripping balls on sugar!

End of the day though Mum and Dad are the ones who gave in the minute Junior started stropping.They watched Super Nanny, they read Parenting for Dummies, they had a 10 rules program worked out and then they bottled it first sign of a quivering lip and a foot stomp.

Finally!!!!! A chance to use my Applied Behavior Analysis knowledge outside of work….but I alas can’t mix my fun with work….maybe another day.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

I'm sorry, but to minimize these players' struggle like this is just insulting. These aren't children crying over candy, these are RIGHTEOUS WARRIORS on a CRUSADE for JUSTICE.

They're fighting for all of us -- if the devs didn't give us the covers we earned this time, what's next? We'd probably all end up in jail. Do you want us all to be sent to jail? The game would immediately die, and we'd all be sent to jail forever.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited 11 January 2024, 00:54
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

I mean, sure, you can compare paying customers to kids.
    I'm not sure it's good for your business in the long run to piss off the people who keep the lights on.

As someone who owns his own business that is true to a degree. It is also not good for you to let your worst customers hold you hostage to their desires either. A delicate balance has to struck. In this case it really does feel like Veruca Salt won.