Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@revskip said:

@liminal_lad said:

@revskip said:

@jp1 said:

Where was this “I’m not gonna spend my monies” argument made?

Page 1 of the thread they had to break off of the new character page. You were in there, perhaps you just skimmed past it.

All over reddit. And on Discord. And I'm certain in all of the backchannels that exist as well.

It's not a new thing, happens any time there is an unpopular feature/character/event that some are up in arms about.

Voting with dollars is how most change happens in the world. Why should it be any different here?

By all means vote with your dollars. But don't pitch a public fit about it. That is the providence of children.

No one did anything of the sort in this forum or on Reddit. I can't speak to the Discord.

• liminal_lad
    Options

Can we please stop with the name-calling?

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 226 Tile Toppler
    edited 11 January 2024, 16:20
    Options

Before this forum, I did not know what straw man fallacy was; now, I see it in pretty much every argument.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,206 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I miss those Logical Fallacy Referee images getting dropped into threads..

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,521 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 January 2024, 17:27
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@revskip said:

@liminal_lad said:

@revskip said:

@jp1 said:

Page 1 of the thread they had to break off of the new character page. You were in there, perhaps you just skimmed past it.

All over reddit. And on Discord. And I'm certain in all of the backchannels that exist as well.

It's not a new thing, happens any time there is an unpopular feature/character/event that some are up in arms about.

Voting with dollars is how most change happens in the world. Why should it be any different here?

By all means vote with your dollars. But don't pitch a public fit about it. That is the providence of children.

No one did anything of the sort in this forum or on Reddit. I can't speak to the Discord.

I think that a very loose definition of "pitch a fit" is being used here.

Most people on Discord supported the awards, far as I could tell, but I only read the main channel for a while.

• liminal_lad
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@liminal_lad said:

@revskip said:

@liminal_lad said:

@revskip said:

@jp1 said:

I think that a very loose definition of "pitch a fit" is being used here.

Most people on Discord supported the awards, far as I could tell, but I only read the main channel for a while.

"Pitch a fit" is the new "Someone respectfully disagreed with me online."

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

I already got my retro rewards: 2 covers and 5000 shards for a level 455 ascended X-23.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,999 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:
    I already got my retro rewards: 2 covers and 5000 shards for a level 455 ascended X-23.

That amount of rewards says you had 2 L370's (2 covers + 10 sharded covers). But a L455 ascended character says you didn't (you should have been 475) or was 455 a typo? Trying to figure out whether they just blanket giving out 12 covers again...

KGB

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

@MegaBee said:

That amount of rewards says you had 2 L370's (2 covers + 10 sharded covers). But a L455 ascended character says you didn't (you should have been 475) or was 455 a typo? Trying to figure out whether they just blanket giving out 12 covers again...

Confirming that my ascended X-23 is level 455.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,058 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My ascended X23 is lvl 458. Got 2 covers and 11 covers worth of shards.
    Didn't expect so much, but I'm not gonna complain.

• Codex
    Options

Come on all. I guess sokun put out a policy and as we know those can change like the countless examples throughout history.

Also, now if my rational brain values new 5* covers over max/max rewards. It seems better to go the 370+271 route.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,521 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I got three covers and 6,600 shards with a 475 X-23. I did start a new X-23 after ascending -- I mostly ascended her because she was featured in "Lost in Time" and I thought she was relatively safe -- but that new X-23 isn't finished so it shouldn't have figured into rewards.

Looks like their math is borked.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,999 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 January 2024, 19:37
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Seems like they are giving more than if you did not ascend. I have a 370 and a 317 non-ascended and got two covers and only 3000 shards. Guess I should have just ascended before this AM.

And THIS is what is frustrating about how they continue to handle this. They are actually giving out more to people who ascended even though they said they wouldn't give any more retros if you ascended. So, anybody who actually didn't ascend, got less than if they had just ascended.

I get giving the retros that someone has earned, but giving out MORE just makes zero sense. Everyone should just get the twelve covers at this point.

Agree 100% and I mean all players, even if you don't have X23 even rostered.

What they should have done is just hold off on the retro feeder for X23 until this issue was resolved. I would be fine waiting 6 months to get my covers if it meant they did things fairly and properly for the entire player base.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 734 Critical Contributor
    Options

This 🐎💩.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Options

So from my limited understanding if you have an ascended character you get their 5 star counterpart for free?
    God damn that's a good deal.
    No wonder people aren't letting them off the hook
    My congrats to the people who are so far ahead of me and could kill any of my rostered people within 1 minute even without getting a character for free.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Back in Sharmaggeddon days, I got really mad at the game and the devs - it ruined more than one day for me. That was stupid on my part. I then said "I will not care about the silly game enough to get that mad ever again." And I didn't. And won't. (Occasionally a hard node frustrates me for a minute.)

But it's admittedly annoying that they are just issuing so many covers, again, to everyone who ascended and submits a ticket. Just be fair! Issue the correct amount. Hex 23 is a good character and thus this irks me more than when people got a lot of covers for Hunter.

Annoying.

• Codex
    edited 11 January 2024, 21:41
    Options

Reminds of that old adage. Fool me once,shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. To clarify I am a fool not for ascending x-23 but believing what sokun said in his post once again.

You need to look at the positive. The next time this happens which could be in roughly 4weeks. You can decide what is more important at a bare minimum 12 covers or what you would get normally without ascension.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It seems that our calculations to look into what pre-ascension level your X23 was in calculating the rewards were off. This resulted in a handful of players getting more rewards than was owed, but due to this entire process taking a ton of man power, we aren't going to go back and remove them. This is especially the case since the tools would require us to rebuild the character from scratch, which would require player input. That's not fair to the players in question. We've updated the calculations for any ongoing requests and will be using that going forward.