Ascended X-23 Notice

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun said:
    It seems that our calculations to look into what pre-ascension level your X23 was in calculating the rewards were off. This resulted in a handful of players getting more rewards than was owed, but due to this entire process taking a ton of man power, we aren't going to go back and remove them. This is especially the case since the tools would require us to rebuild the character from scratch, which would require player input. That's not fair to the players in question. We've updated the calculations for any ongoing requests and will be using that going forward.

Thank you for the explanation! A little communication goes a long way.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 667 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've got some gasoline around here somewhere should bcs need it

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,997 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait, so the players who had their requests fulfilled first will get more covers than everyone else???

This isn't fair!!!! I didn't get mine yet, why am I getting less than someone else for no reason!?

I've spent more than anyone here, by far, and I'm getting less because CS hasn't gotten to my ticket yet? So much for customer service and honoring paying customers! You should either take the extra covers back from those players or give me what I'm entitled to!!!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Options

lol jfc @S0kun

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

So can I submit a ticket for the covers I would have got if I had Ascended my X-23?

(I nearly just submitted that comment but decided this "I am joking" disclaimer might be needed)

• entrailbucket
    Options

If I don't get the 12 covers I'm absolutely entitled to, due to their error, I'll never spend another dollar on this game!!! This will be the final nail in the coffin of mpq, they'll kill the game this way. I am far more important than all of you, if I leave that'll be the end of the game for everyone.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@S0kun said:
    It seems that our calculations to look into what pre-ascension level your X23 was in calculating the rewards were off. This resulted in a handful of players getting more rewards than was owed, but due to this entire process taking a ton of man power, we aren't going to go back and remove them. This is especially the case since the tools would require us to rebuild the character from scratch, which would require player input. That's not fair to the players in question. We've updated the calculations for any ongoing requests and will be using that going forward.

I feel at this point less communication would have been better.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 430 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Wait, so the players who had their requests fulfilled first will get more covers than everyone else???

This isn't fair!!!! I didn't get mine yet, why am I getting less than someone else for no reason!?

I've spent more than anyone here, by far, and I'm getting less because CS hasn't gotten to my ticket yet? So much for customer service and honoring paying customers! You should either take the extra covers back from those players or give me what I'm entitled to!!!

I get the frustration, but you're not entitled to the covers + the mistaken extra covers though.

• S0kun
    Options

@Codex said:

@GrimSkald said:

@S0kun said:

And let those who don't get the ascended retros to feel even more slighted? It was an accident in calculations and that correction needed to be clarified.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    If I don't get the 12 covers I'm absolutely entitled to, due to their error, I'll never spend another dollar on this game!!! This will be the final nail in the coffin of mpq, they'll kill the game this way. I am far more important than all of you, if I leave that'll be the end of the game for everyone.

Come on everyone, he's right
    Won't somebody please think of the children

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@S0kun said:

@entrailbucket said:

I get the frustration, but you're not entitled to the covers + the mistaken extra covers though.

I think he was pointing out the ridiculousness we are at
    However he may also be absolutely serious.
    Tough call.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun said:

@Codex said:

@GrimSkald said:

@S0kun said:

And let those who don't get the ascended retros to feel even more slighted? It was an accident in calculations and that correction needed to be clarified.

Why correct it at all? This has essentially created a third group that feels slighted. It would have been better to not fix the bad math and let two groups argue where now you have three groups. That was my intent with my comment.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@S0kun said:

@entrailbucket said:

I think he was pointing out the ridiculousness we are at
    However he may also be absolutely serious.
    Tough call.

EB was clearly joking. He just forgot to put the smiley or sarc tag in his comments.

KGB

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

I know, that's why I typed that response

• S0kun
    Options

My sanity thanks you all for the clarification.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,074 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 January 2024, 12:47
    Options

@S0kun I haven’t heard anything. However, they left my support ticket hanging open, presumably for follow up, so I just commented on that. That won’t be an issue will it?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    @Sokun

Two things.

One, is it possible for the tech that exists to reward everyone with an ascended toon 6 covers regardless of level? I know it isn’t ideal but it’s a solution that many have posted and would seem happy with (at least it’s something?).

Second, is everyone getting 12 covers again or will this be case by case? If the former it probably makes sense for some folks (like myself who would only get 9 if I wait) to ascend now.

I chose… poorly. lol.

And there’s good old EB, still waging his snark war against, who? I have no idea. But those posters aren’t really here like that. This is by and large a pretty good community full of insightful posters. Trust me, I’ve been to actual toxic forums. It’s the complaining about “the complainers” that is annoying. Take that ish to Reddit, Facebook or wherever these toxic, entitled, demanding folks are that apparently live rent free in so many people’s heads.

Again… just a game. > @S0kun said:

@entrailbucket said:

This is going to upset a lot of folks, but you’re not wrong. In other businesses this happens all the time. There’s an error or glitch in the system, it travels like wildfire and mass people try to capitalize. Some manage to actually get the 300 dollar Switch that was erroneously marked as 30 dollars instead. Others orders get canceled. What the companies don’t do is continue to give out 30 dollar Nintendo Switches. They right the error and move on.

To anyone up in arms about this, remember it’s just a game. To those up in arms about those up in arms… remember there’s an ignore button.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Ah yes, the problem is not a minority of entitled .01%ers throwing a tantrum about "fairness," it's a few people mocking how silly, entitled, and childish they look.

Talk about "rent free!" Get that "ish" (LOL) out of here.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun said:
    My sanity thanks you all for the clarification.

I want to thank you again for making this decision. I also apologize for fanning the flames here. It's just a mobile game, even if it's a great one.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,074 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Ah yes, the problem is not a minority of entitled .01%ers throwing a tantrum about "fairness," it's a few people mocking how silly, entitled, and childish they look.

Talk about "rent free!" Get that "ish" (LOL) out of here.

Where is this fictional tantrum?