Ascended X-23 Notice

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited 10 January 2024, 18:10 in MPQ General Discussion

We know the internal civil war amongst our players regarding ascended retro rewards is a topic our team needs to discuss internally after Champs 2.0 batch #4 gets released. It's something that's going to constantly surface any time a feeder with an applicable ascended character is affected and while we do not have a solution that will make everyone on both sides of the equation happy, we're going to investigate what can be done, but this will take quite a bit of time since we're working with an infrastructure that isn't as malleable as we'd like to address these issues.

In the meantime, if you've already ascended 4 Star: X-23 (All-New Wolverine) into 5-Star land, we're going to open our Customer Service channels from now until Thursday January 18th at 06:00pm PST to submit a request for retro rewards when the feeder change happens. Similar to 4 Star: Nico Minoru (Runaways), our team will evaluate the level of the ascended X-23 (All-New Wolverine) and send the covers that would've been received.

Please note that if you ascended a character AFTER the retro rewards are pushed out, you will not be eligible for any reimbursement as you do not qualify.

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

This one actually affects me, so I'm definitely grabbing those retro rewards.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Very interesting choice of words. I think both groups are quibbling with the wrong person/entity.

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you very much for doing this

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

....but don't expect it again

• Philbert101
    Philbert101 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think the ascension system still needs work done to it by developers that are working on a 10 year old game. I mean, ascended 5* characters from 4* characters are supposed to be independent characters now at level five. But they still receive shards from the 4* character being favorited. Yes there are still issues with the ascension system. But I’m gonna give the devs some more time to dial it in before I start getting upset about retro rewards since the devs have been really great about them to this point. And yes. I have missed out on some of the retro rewards lately. And yes I’m a long term player on this game.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    So despite you guys saying since day 1 you’re not going to give out any retro rewards for ascended characters you now are giving in to all the crybaby whiners and still giving them out to them? Kinda silly but whatever.

So it seems like if something doesn’t go your way just whine and cry about it until the devs just give in. What a great precedent being set here…..

New here? This precedent was set a long time ago. At this point it is what it is, and you should expect it.

I ascended everything immediately and fully expected to get all retro rewards, because I knew that as soon as folks started applying pressure, the devs would immediately cave. This policy was never, ever going to stand up once the complaints started.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    So despite you guys saying since day 1 you’re not going to give out any retro rewards for ascended characters you now are giving in to all the crybaby whiners and still giving them out to them? Kinda silly but whatever.

So it seems like if something doesn’t go your way just whine and cry about it until the devs just give in. What a great precedent being set here…..

"Crybaby whiners." Wow. That's some mature discourse right here.

Were you playing when they first converted the 4* rewards to shards, and the retroactive shards awarded for new 5* characters was a fraction of what you would have gotten if you had actually leveled the character? They told us that was the policy -- I guess everyone involved in that was a "crybaby whiner" and we should have been satisfied with whatever they gave us, no matter now unfair it is.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I appreciate you guys doing retros again. I’m still on team “it is what it is…” but since it’s available I’ll put in a ticket.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bigjojo04 said:

New here? This precedent was set a long time ago. At this point it is what it is, and you should expect it.

I ascended everything immediately and fully expected to get all retro rewards, because I knew that as soon as folks started applying pressure, the devs would immediately cave. This policy was never, ever going to stand up once the complaints started.

Lol...

This is the only correct response to any of this.

With just a little forethought they could have avoided a lot of backtracking by simply not making the proclamation in the first place. .
    ... Because they should have known how things would go.

Maybe next time they'll save themselves some trouble and ask you before making any announcements.

FYI: there is absolutely zero snark/sarcasm in this comment. Seriously.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    ....but don't expect it again

One more time but this really must be the final time

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Shocking!!!

Yep, you called it.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Going to shut up for a while, this place depresses me

Lol Devs be

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder if they are going to actually evaluate the level of the X23 to determine the number of retro covers or whether they are just going to hand out 12 to each person again like they did with Nico. If they do that then it's a real kick in the teeth to those who waited.

@S0kun - Since this is now a going to be a policy of handing out retro feeders via customer service (it's twice now so this is now a policy and no longer an exception) does this mean to save customer service efforts that there will be no more retro feeders for new 5's until the fix is implemented (ie a brand new 4 star could feed a 5 but no older ones so some new 5s may have to wait a few months for their official feeder)?

KGB

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh yeah baby! Gimmie dem rewards!

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

LOL, I thought I stopped playing Dead by Daylight
    No wait, this isn’t DbD, the community has just become as toxic as theirs…