Ascended Winners and Losers

Options
11920212224

Comments

  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited 26 June 2024, 17:08
    Options

    Which characters get the biggest functional changes when ascending?
    I know about Coulson getting way more CD tiles, but who else gets a shift that isn't just "big numbers go BRRRRRRR"?

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,543 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Good luck finding an answer because we are trying to figure out that list in this thread.

    If you find out let us know brother.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @MirrorKnight said:
    Which characters get the biggest functional changes when ascending?
    I know about Coulson getting way more CD tiles, but who else gets a shift that isn't just "big numbers go BRRRRRRR"?

    The list is very, very short. I think it's mostly Coulson.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I think 1* Yelena's powers get significantly cheaper, but are functionally the same as she grows up too. but I can't think of any changes as dramatic (in the positive) direction as Coulson or as notable in the other direction as the drop in damage to Penance Stare.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    Iron May boost going up at 4* but down at 5* .

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Vision gets 99 count CDs when ascended, letting Kang one-shot most people with purple.

    Not sure that’s quite the same but it can make for some fast wins.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I was counting all that stuff as "number changes," but I guess they could count as mechanics too. I don't think there's anybody who, like, straight up does something completely different though.

  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:
    I was counting all that stuff as "number changes," but I guess they could count as mechanics too. I don't think there's anybody who, like, straight up does something completely different though.

    I think "number changes" is a fine way to describe it. But from what I can see, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what numbers can or will change for different power types. But, I would say, making more of a type of tile (SAP, countdown, repeater, or web) or longer stuns are probably the biggest potential shifts that can affect a character's playability. So, any of those you've found would be excellent to hear about :)

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @bluewolf said:
    Vision gets 99 count CDs when ascended, letting Kang one-shot most people with purple.

    Not sure that’s quite the same but it can make for some fast wins.

    Wow, 99 count CDs? Why not just tie it to a unique tile at that point? Kinda wild.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    edited 26 June 2024, 21:58
    Options

    Talos match damage boost got nerfed. At 4* it caps at 585% but ascended 251%. 251 is not terrible but considering he needs like 15 more ap in a color for that and M'Baku is at 300% with no conditions other than it gets better than that is a little crazy.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Pantera236 said:
    Talos match damage boost got nerfed. At 4* it caps at 585% but ascended 251%. 251 is not terrible but considering he needs like 15 more ap in a color for that and M'Baku is at 300% with no conditions other than it gets better than that is a little crazy.

    True, but Talos has maybe the best stun in the entire game now. If he had the best stun AND a 6x match damage boost that'd probably be too much.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Pantera236 said:
    Talos match damage boost got nerfed. At 4* it caps at 585% but ascended 251%. 251 is not terrible but considering he needs like 15 more ap in a color for that and M'Baku is at 300% with no conditions other than it gets better than that is a little crazy.

    True, but Talos has maybe the best stun in the entire game now. If he had the best stun AND a 6x match damage boost that'd probably be too much.

    M'Baku reducing damage and constantly healing isn't? Lol On top of having like the 3rd or so highest health pool.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Pantera236 said:

    @entrailbucket said:

    @Pantera236 said:
    Talos match damage boost got nerfed. At 4* it caps at 585% but ascended 251%. 251 is not terrible but considering he needs like 15 more ap in a color for that and M'Baku is at 300% with no conditions other than it gets better than that is a little crazy.

    True, but Talos has maybe the best stun in the entire game now. If he had the best stun AND a 6x match damage boost that'd probably be too much.

    M'Baku reducing damage and constantly healing isn't? Lol On top of having like the 3rd or so highest health pool.

    Ah, but even M'baku dies pretty easily when he's stunned! (Of course, he ALSO has stun immunity for some reason, so, like, you're right).

    I do think they need to be careful with stuns generally.

  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,175 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:

    @bluewolf said:
    Vision gets 99 count CDs when ascended, letting Kang one-shot most people with purple.

    Not sure that’s quite the same but it can make for some fast wins.

    Wow, 99 count CDs? Why not just tie it to a unique tile at that point? Kinda wild.

    It's a single 99-turn Countdown tile, not 99 individual tiles. That post could have been worded better.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    No I got it, I just felt like that was a massive turn count.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    Never really used 4* Beast before. Seems like he would be great ascended. Who would you use him with? I’m guessing Polaris would be an obvious choice to flood the board with attacks and protects. Close to having Magic descended to 5*. Maybe her as a third and stockpile black? Maybe Nico? Curious what you guys think.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,543 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Jinx said:
    Never really used 4* Beast before. Seems like he would be great ascended. Who would you use him with? I’m guessing Polaris would be an obvious choice to flood the board with attacks and protects. Close to having Magic descended to 5*. Maybe her as a third and stockpile black? Maybe Nico? Curious what you guys think.

    I use him with Gambit and 5torm. It's a great team to use while not having to get rid of existing ones. Gambit produces specials and Storm produces charged in the color Be4st wants.

    Others that can be useful are ones that produce tons of friendly specials so you can match them for black, or if they get matched by the opponent you get protect tiles.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    @Jinx said:
    Never really used 4* Beast before. Seems like he would be great ascended. Who would you use him with? I’m guessing Polaris would be an obvious choice to flood the board with attacks and protects. Close to having Magic descended to 5*. Maybe her as a third and stockpile black? Maybe Nico? Curious what you guys think.

    He's very, very strong. The match damage boost gets totally out of hand, and it has no cap. Pair him with someone that makes black tiles or black AP.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,543 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    It is capped at 30x whatever his level is. But it is very hard to hit his cap in a normal match.

  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

    Can anyone share Ascended Jim Hammond (T4rch)?