Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Agent Coulson is bananas. He makes 4 1-turn CDs that deal good damage when another power is fired. The devs are WILDIN right now.

LETS GO!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Agent Coulson is bananas. He makes 4 1-turn CDs that deal good damage when another power is fired. The devs are WILDIN right now.

LETS GO!

actually with 5 covers he currently makes FIVE 1-turn cds that each do 6k+ damage. Very much doubt this is persist. Enjoy using him with Garg and HE while it lasts.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

It looks like the devs didn’t spend enough time adjusting AND testing ascendable characters. Quality takes time

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Maybe but this sounds like more fun.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,380 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Y’all all seem to be missing the real story here - my man Flaptain is about to run it at the 5* tier. Coulson is likely to be a sleeper hit as well now that he unlocks Hawkeye from being tied to a play-down character.

^called it on Coulson lol. Is Flaptain also broken? my dupe wasn't ready...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,608 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Y’all all seem to be missing the real story here - my man Flaptain is about to run it at the 5* tier. Coulson is likely to be a sleeper hit as well now that he unlocks Hawkeye from being tied to a play-down character.

He doesn't seem to do anything extra, but red is a pretty high-damage power, even though it's expensive and (sorta) conditional.

• Vhailorx

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

He doesn't seem to do anything extra, but red is a pretty high-damage power, even though it's expensive and (sorta) conditional.

The flaptain might be viable with polaris BRB as he gives them a very high red damage outlet. But otherwise it's hard to think of an obvious use. Most of the better protect spam teams already have better reds (apoc, OR, etc).

• ThaRoadWarrior

Flaptain’s primary use has always been his passive CD burndown on a blue match. How much does he buff SAPs on blue now?

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Jinx said:
    How do you get a token for the ascension vault?

Misread what you wrote. @MoosePrime is correct, pay hp only.

Yeah, but I can’t unlock the vault. It says token required, but there’s no option to pay. Don’t know how to get the first token.

• entrailbucket
    edited November 2023

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Flaptain’s primary use has always been his passive CD burndown on a blue match. How much does he buff SAPs on blue now?

Lvl 462 unboosted, he buffs 2 tiles by 976 each.

I'd use him for countdown spam, there are way better buffers (Nico).

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

Ugh. I was looking at the Champions 2.0 vault.

• ThaRoadWarrior

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I was hoping he’d be able to burn down repeaters as well as a 5, but I guess not.

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker

@Tiger_Wong said:

LETS GO!

He does 5 1 turn CD's with Blue set to 5. I may need to think about changing his best build from 4/5/4.

The 18 swaps sounds kind of a down side. I assume you just select 18 tiles to be swapped, but how they are swapped is random? I like the control of selecting 2 tiles to swap to make a 5 match.

• Vhailorx

@Jinx said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Jinx said:
    How do you get a token for the ascension vault?

Misread what you wrote. @MoosePrime is correct, pay hp only.

Yeah, but I can’t unlock the vault. It says token required, but there’s no option to pay. Don’t know how to get the first token.

There are two ascension vaults. One is HP purchases and the other is tokens only. I think you get a token by playing with the new ascended characters (not confirmed, but I got a token by using ascended hawkeye)

• Vhailorx

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Carol is superior at both with just her yellow power.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

The description on Coulson's purple says 'Swap 2 tiles' but has 12-18 check buttons.

• entrailbucket

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Cap is a passive though. Carol has to cast her yellow. It matters!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Coulson is an ascended character, it takes a lot of time, there's a big tax after, etc...
    Also AI probably won't do a single match even swapping 18 tiles, so why not?
    This way coulson will see pvp light.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@killercool said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

LETS GO!

He does 5 1 turn CD's with Blue set to 5. I may need to think about changing his best build from 4/5/4.

The 18 swaps sounds kind of a down side. I assume you just select 18 tiles to be swapped, but how they are swapped is random? I like the control of selecting 2 tiles to swap to make a 5 match.

The characters that swap four tiles (Bag-Man and one of the Emmas (I think)), swap 1 with 2, and 3 with 4. So 18 should swap 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc. 18 is insane and has to be broken somehow.

• Vhailorx

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Cap is a passive though. Carol has to cast her yellow. It matters!

Sure, but flap is random and usually requires you to make move/end your turn. Maybe if you can combine him with a board control partner to make more blue matches?