Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 886 Critical Contributor

@Jinx said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Jinx said:
    How do you get a token for the ascension vault?

Misread what you wrote. @MoosePrime is correct, pay hp only.

Yeah, but I can’t unlock the vault. It says token required, but there’s no option to pay. Don’t know how to get the first token.

Use one of the characters in my first response to you to win any match. Repeat that and get a token each day for the duration of the vault.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Vhailorx said:

@Jinx said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Jinx said:
    How do you get a token for the ascension vault?

Misread what you wrote. @MoosePrime is correct, pay hp only.

Yeah, but I can’t unlock the vault. It says token required, but there’s no option to pay. Don’t know how to get the first token.

There are two ascension vaults. One is HP purchases and the other is tokens only. I think you get a token by playing with the new ascended characters (not confirmed, but I got a token by using ascended hawkeye)

Was confirmed in game and in this thread.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Flaptain’s primary use has always been his passive CD burndown on a blue match. How much does he buff SAPs on blue now?

Lvl 462 unboosted, he buffs 2 tiles by 976 each.

I'd use him for countdown spam, there are way better buffers (Nico).

Carol is superior at both with just her yellow power.

Cap is a passive though. Carol has to cast her yellow. It matters!

Sure, but flap is random and usually requires you to make move/end your turn. Maybe if you can combine him with a board control partner to make more blue matches?

Yeah, they sort of do different things. He used to be insane with 3* Scarlet Witch and any purple user, a long time ago. I could see him being very annoying with Ronan, among current characters. Maybe there are more good ones too.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Flaptain is awesome with Ronan, since you're gathering blue and burning down his CD that hits hard even un-boosted, and you can use his Blue repeater outlet to unload it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@MoosePrime said:

@killercool said:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Agent Coulson is bananas. He makes 4 1-turn CDs that deal good damage when another power is fired. The devs are WILDIN right now.

LETS GO!

He does 5 1 turn CD's with Blue set to 5. I may need to think about changing his best build from 4/5/4.

The 18 swaps sounds kind of a down side. I assume you just select 18 tiles to be swapped, but how they are swapped is random? I like the control of selecting 2 tiles to swap to make a 5 match.

The characters that swap four tiles (Bag-Man and one of the Emmas (I think)), swap 1 with 2, and 3 with 4. So 18 should swap 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc. 18 is insane and has to be broken somehow.

I think they forgot that all other big swappers are random, and Coulson can pick the matches.
    I refuse to believe this is working as intended.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

4* ascended Bullseye can still be used in Mighty Tossdown node. Ascended SW cannot.

• Bowgentle

@qandols said:
    4* ascended Bullseye can still be used in Mighty Tossdown node. Ascended SW cannot.

You sure you didn't pick the ascended 2* Bullseye?

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm quite sure. I have run 3* Bullseye, SW and Daken on that node for years now. SW makes purple for Bullseye, Daken makes strikes and Bullseye Contract Kills everyone.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2023

Ascended Kate bishop Match-damaged today’s burrito down in a couple turns.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

My ascended Chavez was fixed last night, but this morning it's broken again :(

• TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Vhailorx said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Flaptain’s primary use has always been his passive CD burndown on a blue match. How much does he buff SAPs on blue now?

Lvl 462 unboosted, he buffs 2 tiles by 976 each.

I'd use him for countdown spam, there are way better buffers (Nico).

Carol is superior at both with just her yellow power.

Cap is a passive though. Carol has to cast her yellow. It matters!

Sure, but flap is random and usually requires you to make move/end your turn. Maybe if you can combine him with a board control partner to make more blue matches?

I don't have an ascended Flaptain or Coulson to try it out, but Sersi is the required 5* in PvE right now. Seems like you could probably use Coulson to make a bunch of match-5's, the Sersi's green to create blue tiles to lower her countdowns and end the match.

• ThaRoadWarrior

if you're using coulson, you just need to match team ups to burn them all down. Coulson is hands down the best CD shortener in the game.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    if you're using coulson, you just need to match team ups to burn them all down. Coulson is hands down the best CD shortener in the game.

Even without the broken purple power, ascended Coulson is sick with all the countdowns he drops.

• Jewelya1234
    Jewelya1234 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

I am another disappointed/frustrated owner of ascended America Chavez.

She was fixed last night. Got unfixed when I installed update.

5* with about 21.5k life. Ugh.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

still loving the bananas Agent Coulson, ascended currently at 450 lvl. when his purple comes into play, it can be game over even for the strongest characters,

• Altair22

@MegaBee said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Even without the broken purple power, ascended Coulson is sick with all the countdowns he drops.

Loving him, however found out there are ways to counter him, like if you manage to get the blue beta ray bill power out the Agent coulson power cant activate with all the shield tiles on the board, if faced with agent coulson deprive him of the purple and kill him first.

• Altair22

Im just waiting for the next PVE when you have a boosted Hawkeye 5. yah pairing him with Coulson ascended 5 hahaha.

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker

@Altair22 said:
    Im just waiting for the next PVE when you have a boosted Hawkeye 5. yah pairing him with Coulson ascended 5 hahaha.

They are both boosted in the Ronan boss event

• Bowgentle

aaaaand Coulson got fixed.
    No more 18 swaps.
    He kept his 5 CD tiles, though.

• Altair22

@Bowgentle said:
    aaaaand Coulson got fixed.
    No more 18 swaps.
    He kept his 5 CD tiles, though.