Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

YumeWarlock
YumeWarlock Posts: 22 Just Dropped In

Hi Everyone!

The 2nd batch of Champions 2.0 is right around the corner. Below you'll find a list of all of the characters joining the feature in the next batch. These are expected to go live November 6th!

Check out the links below for all of the info on past Champions 2.0 posts.

New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Champions Feeder Level Rewards Sheet:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6029755/uploads/editor/8y/a4hfgsnjfzjy.xlsx

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

I'm looking at you dane!!! What a character to pick

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

2 cap and OBW are already ascension-able. Cap was part of the first wave. OBW was kind of oddly timed, maybe just early? Is there another 2 besides her and Hawkeye being added?

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker

LET'S
    BLANKING
    GO!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

So limited characfers are eligible (Hi Taskmaster). Super stoked for my 550 Bag-Man.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I'm looking at you dane!!! What a character to pick

Yeah couldn't they have waited on his Crash until after he was ascended - LOL.

Looking forward to Ascended America Chavez.

KGB

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

Unfortunately the only three characters I have dual max champs of (Rocket/Juggs/Polaris) aren’t eligible, so I’ll need to roster triples.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

captain america and black widow 2 stars are alraeady in the first batch , can you guys please correct...

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@Daredevil217 said:
    Unfortunately the only three characters I have dual max champs of (Rocket/Juggs/Polaris) aren’t eligible, so I’ll need to roster triples.

You don't need to

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

M'baku is about to replace Colossus as the highest "always on" match damage in 5* land (though Karnak outdoes them both if you wait for turn 4 and SC is of course the highest overall).

America Chavez is always a good third option on any team, but since her biggest use is making free crits for match damage monsters like SC I don't know that she will play that much better as a 5*

a 5* Luke Cage could become a useful defensive character. and his yellow hits very hard AND provides fortification.

Mockingbird can be a punishing opponent to face, especially when paired with someone that must be prioritized first. I expect to see her as a 5* in shield sim. Same with Peggy Carter.

Melinda May has a great stun, which 5* land has traditionally lacked (though less so now with venomsaurus)

Wiccan's need to tank rendered him mostly useless. Maybe that will change once he is a 5*?

5* Shuri! Have all of Heimdall's prayers finally been answered?

Finally, can someone do the maths and tell me if I should instantly ascend all my 3*s, or should I wait for 266 + 266 combos?

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker

Great, thanks for the info—glad this is coming soon. How will 1*s with only two powers function to ascend? Will they be getting a third power?

• Altair22

it will be very amusing if they offer the one star Black widow as a buyable 5 stars haha.

• kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker

Guess we’re not ripping the band-aid off with Polaris quite yet huh?

Is the consensus that she’ll be just as OP as a 5* as she has been as a 4*, or are there enough counters to her in the 5* tier?

• Altair22

@kirk justice said:

Is the consensus that she’ll be just as OP as a 5* as she has been as a 4*, or are there enough counters to her in the 5* tier?

Im waiting for Polaris and juggie 4 to ascend. when they do it will be glorious. heck Juggy one star will be there too haha

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

Now that the bugs are a little more worked out will we see a more normalized release cadence?

Love the new feature but trying to minimize covers dying on the vine so this info would be super helpful.

• Vhailorx
    edited November 2023

@kirk justice said:

I think she will remain more or less as good as she currently is with her traditional partners. She will be straight up better defensively because more health means more time for her tonget off an annoying stun.

She will also potentially get some new uses because her damage output will become meaningful (as it currently stands, she needs a booster of some sort to put out real damage to 5* opponents). But on offense she might still be fragile in terms if health compared to other 5s and may be a lot harder to hide if her match damage is high.

No reason to think she won't be extremely potent overall as a 5*.

• Vhailorx

@revskip said:
    Now that the bugs are a little more worked out will we see a more normalized release cadence?

Love the new feature but trying to minimize covers dying on the vine so this info would be super helpful.

Which is why we will not get it from BCS. Expiring covers create roster slot sales, which creates HP sales.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

I imagine Polaris will get some changes as part of ascension -- other characters got power adjustments to account for the increased match damage and health they have as 5*.

I also imagine that she'll still be very very good.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:
    it will be very amusing if they offer the one star Black widow as a buyable 5 stars haha.

This list has 1* Black Widow and Hawkeye, which means (according to something they said somewhere) both will get a 3rd power before Monday. I wonder if that will roll out as part of this or before it?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@Altair22 said:

This list has 1* Black Widow and Hawkeye, which means (according to something they said somewhere) both will get a 3rd power before Monday. I wonder if that will roll out as part of this or before it?

I don't think they said that exactly. The initial info on Ascending said that 2 power 1* characters will need to be at level 40 (their max with 10 covers) instead of the level 50 requirement for the 3 power 1* characters.

There was a screenshot which showed 1* Black Widow with a third power, which prompted questions to which they replied that they were testing adding a third power to the 2 power 1* characters. This caused speculation by some of us on these forums that they might be adding third powers before making those characters eligible for Ascension. However, I don't recall seeing any confirmation that this was the case from anyone who would know.