Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Any thoughts on 5* ascended 1 star Hawkeye?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor

Is batch 3 coming for Xmas 🎅🏻 ☺️

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@liminal_lad said:

Only that I don't know what build is best (have opted for 535).

I haven't really used him, and my feeling is that unless he's boosted he's going to be inferior to Shang Chi.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

@liminal_lad said:

Currently 461 lvl. abilites look disappointing. Hawkeye clint barton 5 is better.

Will probably use him if he is boosted.

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

@Bowgentle said:

@liminal_lad said:

He gives 5.* rewards every 4 covers.
    I'll never use him.

Keep in mind the 1*s are boosted more often because there are less of them, so there is some utility there. But yeah he is not great, the yellow would be fine if it was less expensive. The rest is too slow vs SC.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker

How about maxing out his purple and yellow and use them to feed a stronger red?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2023

He's good at removing problem tiles. Cheap powers. AP generation.

Someone said he's inferior to Shang Chi... That's most of the roster though so I don't get it unless they're saying to use Shang Chi instead if you have him. But that doesn't really answer the question about HE. (In my opinion)

If you have a decent roster you'll likely never need to use him.

But if you do need to use him for some reason, he should put in some work.

... If anyone lacks a 5* roster and is looking at ascended 1*s to get them there, please don't.

Obviously, play the way you want, I just don't see it working out well.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Thanks yall. Not worth spending $20 on but worth slowly grinding up.

• DrClever

@Blackstone said:
    powers. AP generation.

Someone said he's inferior to Shang Chi... That's most of the roster though so I don't get it

Inferior but also very similar to - tile destruction & crit creation on the same colours.

• Jinx

Would love to ascend 3* Emma. A lot of character could really benefit from raising their third power to level 5. Thinking of SC right off the bat. A double tile swap is pretty good too.

• Jinx

Question: does Magik Darkchylde’s black increase everybody’s damage by 260% when she’s in limbo? If so, she could be another target to ascend for that and the purple crits.

• Blackstone

@DrClever said:

@Blackstone said:
    powers. AP generation.

Someone said he's inferior to Shang Chi... That's most of the roster though so I don't get it

Inferior but also very similar to - tile destruction & crit creation on the same colours.

That's obvious but...

It's also comparing 1*HE to SCs support abilities.

It's SCs blue that makes him what he is and 1*HE can't compete with that, along with anyone else with similar powers.

It seems obvious to me that SC is superior due to his blue so it doesn't make sense to rate HE compared to SC.

If you're asking "should I ever use HE over SC?" Then the comparison would make sense. And the answer would be no.

I even get using SC as an example of why HE won't see much use in developed rosters.

My understand though is the question was focused on if HE was worth ascending based on what HE does.

And, to me, simply dismissing HE because SC exists doesn't answer the question.

It's like saying "I don't need a 4 wheeler because I have a car"... That's probably true, but it doesn't answer the question "how useful is a 4 wheeler?" They have similarities but the 4 wheeler don't ever out run the car on a road due to how they're different. But it's the 4 wheeler useful? You need to actually evaluate it to find out.

I don't know if that makes sense, and I'm sure there are those that will focus on SC making ascended HE irrelevant, and that's fine, I just don't think the comparison answers the question that was asked.

• DrClever

I can promise you it answers the question about my mental activity regarding the matter.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't know about HE, but I've lost a bunch of matches to 1*Spid5y.

• Blackstone

@DrClever said:
    I can promise you it answers the question about my mental activity regarding the matter.

Ok.

People can have different perspectives on things.

You're allowed to have different opinions.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

You can click on HE lev 450. 8 red for pinpointing a critical tile? No good. 7 red for to destroy a random file? No good. 2 red and 2 purple for to fire a power.
    Compared to spider 1, pretty bad.
    Compared to SC: not possible to compare them.

• Blackstone

@Bad said:
    You can click on HE lev 450. 8 red for pinpointing a critical tile? No good. 7 red for to destroy a random file? No good. 2 red and 2 purple for to fire a power.
    Compared to spider 1, pretty bad.
    Compared to SC: not possible to compare them.

Set to 535 it works out to:

Use 5 purple AP to place a crit and gain 2 red AP

Use 7 red AP to destroy a row and gain 3 purple AP

Those numbers change based on build.

Is he meta? No
    Comparable to SC? I don't think so.
    Can he be effective? ... I used him in today's PVE and he was effective at keeping enemy CDs under control... And at generating whatever AP I needed... So he was effective, but other options would have been more effective by a long shot.

Are there better options? Of course.

I'm not advising anyone to ascend him. Just offering my take on him.

Note: I only ascended him due to being a fan of the comic character. He can get into a roll and be effective but there are better options and there's no need to rush him to 5.

I'll let others say whatever they like from here as I don't want to seem like I'm arguing.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

@Blackstone said:
    Set to 535 it works out to:

Use 5 purple AP to place a crit and gain 2 red AP

Use 7 red AP to destroy a row and gain 3 purple AP

It's 8 AP to place a crit. Then he can gain 3. But without having 8 there's no critical.

• DrClever

@Blackstone said:

@DrClever said:

You're allowed to have different opinions.

Thanks, appreciate it.