Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The 2 characters I like the most are bugged:
    Karnak only has 66k health intead of 80k like his 4* partners.
    Chavez doesn't increase her match damage at all no matter how many red you get.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bad said:

For Chavez, are you looking at the damage value on the gem, or the damage done to the enemy? IIRC, the way her bonus is applied, it doesn't show up on the value shown on the gems.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Bad said:

For Chavez, are you looking at the damage value on the gem, or the damage done to the enemy? IIRC, the way her bonus is applied, it doesn't show up on the value shown on the gems.

Yeah, her match damage boost is actually fairly poorly handled since it also doesn't make her tank. In other words, the added match damage is not calculated before the tiles are matched, so if another character has a higher base match damage than her adjusted match damage she doesn't actually do it. It makes that particular power useless as a 4 star with 5 stars, but as a 5 star herself it becomes better...

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Also IIRC the boost doesn't depend on how much red you have gathered unless you are matching red - it's a boost per colour based on the amount of that colour.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok, her red power only it's reflected on the enemy's health bar.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I decided to ascend my Coulson, since Hawkeye is boosted this week, and my lord that's ridiculous. I was out of arrows (a good thing, despite how it sounds) by turn three most of the time. It does take extra time for the massive number of CDs to expire, but it's very effective...

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

For those who do not have Northstar anywhere near ascension, note that he functions basically exactly the same as a 4star (I see the same results with 6 tiles moved), just less health and damage (which isn't critical for a supporting AP generator). It's good to know nothing impacts him negatively though. He is an excellent character.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Ya I didn't know he had been reworked (pretty sure he used to be ****) until he showed up in DDP or something. His new powers are very nice. Hopefully karolina dean and antivenom will get similar treatment (and haven't already!) because when I have to use them they're so meh.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

IM model 35 boosted to 625 lvl in the current PVE. his blue is the nuke of nukes

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

...or you could just use that 19ap to instakill two guys with Kang, and be almost halfway to instakilling the third.

I'm actually surprised they didn't update 5* IM35 a bit. The damage numbers are all pretty crazy, but those AP costs are murder, he's got no passive, and everything is a single target hit.

• Altair22
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    ...or you could just use that 19ap to instakill two guys with Kang, and be almost halfway to instakilling the third.

I'm actually surprised they didn't update 5* IM35 a bit. The damage numbers are all pretty crazy, but those AP costs are murder, he's got no passive, and everything is a single target hit.

well his red does 123K damage for 9 red cost

• Altair22
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Used the IM 35 625 lvl build at 5/3/5 paired it with hawkeye 5 466;lvl unboosted at 5/3/5/ and Agent Coulson 450 lvl unboosted at 5/3/5.

IM 35 acted as a meat shield Hawkeye used his red to gain more Agent coulson 1 turn counter damage tiles. it produced enough blues and reds to basically destroy a 650 lvl PVE characters in 3 turns.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Altair22 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Used the IM 35 625 lvl build at 5/3/5 paired it with hawkeye 5 466;lvl unboosted at 5/3/5/ and Agent Coulson 450 lvl unboosted at 5/3/5.

IM 35 acted as a meat shield Hawkeye used his red to gain more Agent coulson 1 turn counter damage tiles. it produced enough blues and reds to basically destroy a 650 lvl PVE characters in 3 turns.

Kang is a much better, much faster fit in that combo too...

5* IM35 isn't awful, certainly, and you can find uses for him if you try. But he's not on the level of Spidey, Hawkeye, or even Storm -- he's just a little disappointing.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    5* IM35 isn't awful, certainly, and you can find uses for him if you try. But he's not on the level of Spidey, Hawkeye, or even Storm -- he's just a little disappointing.

I assume that's 1Spidey5 and the same for Storm, but is it 3Hawkeye5?

And is that the right notation?

• entrailbucket
    edited November 2023
    Options

@DrClever said:

@entrailbucket said:

I assume that's 1Spidey5 and the same for Storm, but is it 3Hawkeye5?

And is that the right notation?

No, 1* Hawkeye is pretty good too! I don't have him at 5* yet, but he's sort of a proto-Shang-Chi now.

I'm not sure how 3* will look when ascended all the way. 3* Hawkeye will probably look like the 5*, but who knows.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

they rebalanced 5* IM35 sometime ago (not sure during BSC or previous dev era) and gave him a passive red AP drain whenever opponent matches red AP. quite annoying to me...

• entrailbucket
    Options

@kuntilanak said:

@entrailbucket said:

they rebalanced 5* IM35 sometime ago (not sure during BSC or previous dev era) and gave him a passive red AP drain whenever opponent matches red AP. quite annoying to me...

Ah sorry...the naming is going to be confusing. I was referring to 1* Iron Man (IM35), ascended to 5*.

You're talking about 5* Iron Man (IM46).

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Ok so….. a wanted to see what another character would look like ascended so I cracked my horde a bit and went all in to ascend Northstar. I’ve always liked how he interacted with 5* Black Panther and thought he would be a decent AP generator for blue, black, and yellow.

Well….. he may just be a meta AP generator with an OP active ability.

His blue (Running Early) hasn’t changed much. A bit of an uptick in his damage but nothing OP. Still a great AP generator for blue black and yellow.

His Yellow (Star Bright) hasn’t changed much either. The health burst is kinda meh. Turning a character invisible each turn for 3 turns is really only a big deal for 5* Black Panther and turning the opponents strongest color to blue black or yellow is a bit hit or miss.

But the REALLY big deal is the change to his black (Up North).

You send Northstar and an opponent airborne for 1 turn and move UP TO 11/13 TILES OF THE OPPONENTS 2nd STRONGEST COLOR TO THE THE TOP ROW. AND do damage for each tile moved (my Northstar does 2996 damage at 450). Then, when they both return, move UP TO 11/13 TILES TO THE BOTTOM ROW. AND do the same damage for each tile you moved.

Ok…. Let’s just take forget about the fact that you can’t move more than 8 tiles to the top or bottom row because the board doesn’t have more than 8 columns….. here’s what REALLY happens…..

You get a free MATCH 8 in the top row when you fire Up North. That’s right. A MATCH 8! The entire top row fills up with the 2nd strongest opponents color. Then….. a cascade happens. Then the damage is applied. Then when both characters return from airborne. basically whatever of the opponents 2nd strongest color is left, goes to the bottom row, which can easily be ANOTHER MATCH 8 if you plan it right or just get a decent cascade.

This power is on another level of AP gain AND it hits hard. It only costs 6 black AP. You can build a team around Up North. And the AI can’t screw it up either on defense. If there’s 8 or more of the 2nd strongest color on the field, it becomes cascade season and they get at least +8 in your 2nd strongest color for 6 black AP.

NS has been my main stay ever since his 're-work'. That black really collects AP like no tomorrow on the cheap, especially if the opponent and/or board is of the right color AP. Coupled with SC, it's almost winfinite every time I fire the black. In pick 2, 3 active colors to collect AP and 1 active to decimate opponent. Yellow and Green can go fly kite. :D

@entrailbucket said:

@kuntilanak said:

@entrailbucket said:

Ah sorry...the naming is going to be confusing. I was referring to 1* Iron Man (IM35), ascended to 5*.

You're talking about 5* Iron Man (IM46).

oh ok... i got confused as well... :p