Champions 2.0 - Batch #2 Info

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor

@DrClever said:

@Blackstone said:

@DrClever said:
    I can promise you it answers the question about my mental activity regarding the matter.

You're allowed to have different opinions.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Lol.
    You're welcome.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ascended boosted Kate Bishop is great with boosted Jessica Jones. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I've been having fun with Ascended Kate. Her powers are a bit on the expensive side, but they hit like a truck when she's boosted.

In PVE I've been having fun with her with Kitty, too -- it's nice to be able to make strikes on purple and if you bring along Polaris you can multiply them before the CD goes off...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm just a few hundred shards from getting Flaptain over (technically I could do it now, it's just my policy to get that LT at 271 first), so I'm pretty hype to see if I can exploit his passive in ridiculous ways like I imagined.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jinx said:
    Question: does Magik Darkchylde’s black increase everybody’s damage by 260% when she’s in limbo? If so, she could be another target to ascend for that and the purple crits.

Yes. It also increases the enemies match damage by 260%. That’s why she’s fantastic with Ph5 colossus.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker

@Tiger_Wong said:

@Jinx said:
    Question: does Magik Darkchylde’s black increase everybody’s damage by 260% when she’s in limbo? If so, she could be another target to ascend for that and the purple crits.

Yes. It also increases the enemies match damage by 260%. That’s why she’s fantastic with Ph5 colossus.

Didn’t realize it would increase enemy match damage as well. I guess Cyclopse would be a logical third. They should have made her the 5* version. Cool that it wi make a team that actually works well together that shares an affiliation. Think I’ll focus on her and Emma for my first 3* ascended characters.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

..... is it too early to ask when Batch #3 is coming? :)

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@Omegased said:

Is it too early to ask? Absolutely not. Are they going to answer?

Uh, probably not, no. I was kind of expecting these releases to be more frequent too...

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:

Uh, probably not, no. I was kind of expecting these releases to be more frequent too...

I found out that you can only save 50 covers on a 2-star character waiting for the next batch.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd guess the cadence will be closer to three to four weeks rather than the 2 weeks I was hoping for.

Kind of sucks with the 1* characters that they added needing that 3rd power. The longer cadence means either having to sell covers if you pull basics or not being able to ascend if you hoard until they are all released.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor

How is 4InvisibleWoman5? Has she had a stealth 5 buff or utility with her kit w/ other 5’s?

Asking for a friend.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

People ask about the next batch 5000x a day, it's ridiculous. They said they wanted to get them all out by the end of the year, until the year is over, stop bugging everyone lol.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Glockoma said:
    How is 4InvisibleWoman5? Has she had a stealth 5 buff or utility with her kit w/ other 5’s?

Asking for a friend.

Her numbers all pretty much go crazy. I don't think there's anything different from 4 to 5, though. She's usable just because all the numbers go so high.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

Other than opening 4 LT's as part of the daily quests (plus covers earned from opening vaults during Anniversary), I haven't opened any tokens since Ascension started.

KGB

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

@KGB said:
    Other than opening 4 LT's as part of the daily quests (plus covers earned from opening vaults during Anniversary), I haven't opened any tokens since Ascension started.

KGB

Why? Isn't that slowing all your progression?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

@Omegased said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Why? Isn't that slowing all your progression?

I'm a softcapper in terms of 5* characters. Not opening tokens hasn't prevented me from fully covering everyone in latest since I got plenty of feeder rewards plus PvE shards, boss event covers etc. So I'm up to date on everyone but the most recently added 5 who I am more than half way on.

Sure, it has temporarily slowed my 2, 3 star farms and adding champ levels to my 4s but a couple months delay isn't meaningful delaying anything in terms of game play.

KGB

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

People ask about the next batch 5000x a day, it's ridiculous. They said they wanted to get them all out by the end of the year, until the year is over, stop bugging everyone lol.

Oh hey look, overexaggeration! Gonna need proof of this.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@MegaBee said:

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:

I found out that you can only save 50 covers on a 2-star character waiting for the next batch.

This was part of the rollout for saved covers since the original announcement. you can save 100 covers of the characters above it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

So are we getting batch 3 tomorrow?
    Is this a monthly thing, now, maybe?
    Any info?
    Please?

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:
    So are we getting batch 3 tomorrow?
    Is this a monthly thing, now, maybe?
    Any info?