Classic Legends Pack Overhaul Survey

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

The Line community are what we are -- we're the top 1% or so of all players. That doesn't mean we're worthless, but we are worth a whole lot less than we think.

MMR just shows you people like you or above, so it's pretty hard to figure it out. And in the forum there are long commited players, so 5* players.
    I started thinking of it when that guessing contest finished, which BW version would do the most damage in some pvps and the winner was the 4* version, something only possible if the majority of the playerbase was 4* players.
    That only shows how many players this game has and how many players still continue adding to it despite having passed 10 years. It's just something normal in a gacha game.
    If I was looking for a new game and I found this one, honestly I think I'd dowload it despite knowing I'd be the noobest of the noobs. Because 10 years is a guarantee.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everything is a snapshot and the main thing is that the game is healthy so we all get to play as much or as little as we want in whatever tier we fancy for a few more years hopefully.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The devs deserve more credit than they get. They’ve created a game that is engaging and allows new players to catch up with old players relatively quickly. The progression speed slows the higher you go, so that new players can’t get 550’s without years of play. Everyone has a carrot to chase.

Regarding the Classics store, I’ve noticed that as the tiers grow more and more, rewards slowly get better. And better rewards are always positively received by players. So, the increased odds in Classics combined with a lower cost (20 CP) and a slightly more focused chance (14x) to cover the featured chars makes this CP outlet not a bad idea if you need to finish covering the Classic 5*s.

But most high end players hoard CP for a meta breaking character and then go all in for them, while only spending the minimal LT and CP to cover the other mediocre 5*s.

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options

Why not just increase the drop rate of bonus shards for the favorited 5*s?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ViralCore said:

Didn't they just do this? How high do you think it should be?

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ViralCore said:

They did, and as soon as they did it felt pretty rewarding getting those bonuses, but I am now fully convinced they lowered the 5 star bonus percentage without saying anything. When it first started I was getting bonus 5's like Xmas, now, I open well over 50, and nothin.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ViralCore said:

Whats the best way we can report this? Shards per pull or cp spent? We probably do need to break the results down between classics and legends to account for potentially different rates. The forumites should establish a baseline comparision.

Ideally, we want one person to do the volume test. But even multiple people reporting bonus shards on a per 1000cp spent basis would reveal alot of things.

and from browsing the Shield resupply thread, we can all see there plenty of cp out there.''

• entrailbucket
    Options

Didn't they tell us what the rates were? You'd need some ungodly large number of pulls to verify it, but why?

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

They did tell us the rates. And I'm still confused by the numbers... :)

In game, bonus shards odds are (approximately) 10% and 4% in classic store or 6% and 8% in latest store, for 4-star and 5-star, respectively.

In the forum post, the new legendary FORCED TIMER increased odds are between 1% and 3%, varying for different amounts of shards, and total is 10% (4.5% for 4's and 5.5% for 5's).

I have no idea if the in game percentage takes this forced increase into account?

Anyway, my pulls since the change...

LATEST STORE

• total pulls - 213,
    • bonus shards pulls - 33,
    • total 4's shards - 3600
    • total 5's shards - 1725

CLASSIC STORE

• total pulls - 107,
    • bonus shards pulls - 14,
    • total 4's shards - 2000
    • total 5's shards - 625

Number of pulls with no bonus shards between 2 consecutive pulls with bonus shards:

• latest only: 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 11 14 15 16
    • classic only: 0 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 31 (**)
    • both latest and classic (mixed): 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 8 8 8 9 11 11 12 13 13 14 14 14 24

(**) That 31 was on start, not sure if it was turned on for classic right away. I got extra shards on 26th of May in latest already, and opened like 15 classic from 26th to June 1st...

It's still such a tiny number of pulls to draw any conclusions, except that bonus shards drop way way more often than before.
    @entrailbucket
    Why? Because I'm curious, have trouble trusting blindly and already have a sheet set up with formulas where I'm recording my pulls either way? :D

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Kolence it seems like you've got a good understanding of the stats involved here, which is not typical of these kinds of posts. Generally I'll see someone saying "RNG is broken they're lying and cheating it's RIGGED!!!!!" after going 0/5 on pulls.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    @Kolence it seems like you've got a good understanding of the stats involved here, which is not typical of these kinds of posts. Generally I'll see someone saying "RNG is broken they're lying and cheating it's RIGGED!!!!!" after going 0/5 on pulls.

To which my reply is "pull 300, not 50".

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ViralCore said:

They did and bumping up the odds is a better way to improve individual rosters. Increased odds for bonus shards allow people to get more "covers" while pulling from both classics and latest legends. Having the community vote for increased odds of Dr. Strange, Kitty, and Shiang Chi, in classics isn't going to help everyone.