Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Anything related to S2 is filth.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:
    No, that one's filth and definitely not meant for the bloke's wife.

"Oh Spider-Derek, that team up was so LARGE! Yes I do want to munch your pastry, you sexy baker, you!"

I...think we might have veered off topic a bit here...

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

I can't really tell. Possibly we have, maybe we're generating mayhem with baffled whales barbecuing fairy cakes all over the shop.

Edit: Just checked the thread title. Pretty sure there's been a minor detour from the core topic but it's not to the overall detriment of the thread and I doubt anyone has even noticed.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Ah, good news.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A Thread Purist could experience the false perception that we went off topic.
    However any seasoned forumite could throw in the obvious argument that we are still talking about the game, and once having already your pve vip team, classic characters can grill ok or not on pvp, and could be chosen by their pvp behaviour.
    So everything ok and nothing going out of rails but that guy monkey meme.

• DrClever
    Options

No the monkey thing is fine - it's slang for 500 which is the optimum amount to spend on the right thing under specific circumstances.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023
    Options

If you spend 500 CP in Classics you may get a monkey and if you vote for that monkey in the survey options he will be a higher chance and that is really fun.

In fact, I think this might be the most on topic we have ever been.

So nothing to see here.

• DrClever
    Options

Yes, now we've hit monkey we're firmly back on track.

It was only a token detour anyway, and so basically on topic anyway.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pretty impressive that this got derailed from the original topic then got successively derailed several times from each of the derailed topics.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

What's funny is that almost all the stuff everybody still does in competitive PvP was established by a few very, very smart people in the first few months that shields existed, back in 2014. Sadly I don't believe any of them are still playing the game.

Those players are still around. They're just on Line. I'll randomly see the "old timers" in a Buyclub

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

What's funny is that almost all the stuff everybody still does in competitive PvP was established by a few very, very smart people in the first few months that shields existed, back in 2014. Sadly I don't believe any of them are still playing the game.

Those players are still around. They're just on Line. I'll randomly see the "old timers" in a Buyclub

Nah, the folks I'm thinking of mostly quit for good in 2014 and never came back. It's the founders of XMen, SHIELD, and the 5Deadlys -- those were the first to use BCs.

You can actually go back on here and read about that time! Every event got a forum thread and most alliances did their recruiting here.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Pretty impressive that this got derailed from the original topic then got successively derailed several times from each of the derailed topics.

No amount of rails can stop a good train wreck from going off them.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Nah, the folks I'm thinking of mostly quit for good in 2014 and never came back. It's the founders of XMen, SHIELD, and the 5Deadlys -- those were the first to use BCs.

You can actually go back on here and read about that time! Every event got a forum thread and most alliances did their recruiting here.

Oooo I didn't join until 2014, so you're referring to players that pre-date me! Well players I started with are still hanging around lol

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

I know a few super OG’s as well. It is entertaining to listen to some of the stories and hell, even create a few of your own. I do however still enjoy the Line community even if I’m not as active there as I used to be. I always thought it was the glue that held the game together but with recent revelations about player base I’m not so sure anymore. Which honestly, is a good thing.

For me it’s PvE first and PvP in spurts from a one time S1 front runner. I’ve played all the slices scoring 4k down to my new goal of 500 😂 in S5. Been in rooms with many in this specific thread actually. Made some “friends” made some “people I enjoy hitting” but it’s always entertaining.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@StanleyBurrell said:
    I know a few super OG’s as well. It is entertaining to listen to some of the stories and hell, even create a few of your own. I do however still enjoy the Line community even if I’m not as active there as I used to be. I always thought it was the glue that held the game together but with recent revelations about player base I’m not so sure anymore. Which honestly, is a good thing.

For me it’s PvE first and PvP in spurts from a one time S1 front runner. I’ve played all the slices scoring 4k down to my new goal of 500 😂 in S5. Been in rooms with many in this specific thread actually. Made some “friends” made some “people I enjoy hitting” but it’s always entertaining.

Re: revelations...the first time somebody cited the actual statistic at me, it absolutely blew my mind. It didn't make sense for a really long time -- like, the game does such a good job of hiding all those players from us, that it's really easy for us to pretend they don't exist.

The Line community are what we are -- we're the top 1% or so of all players. That doesn't mean we're worthless, but we are worth a whole lot less than we think.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@StanleyBurrell said:

Re: revelations...the first time somebody cited the actual statistic at me, it absolutely blew my mind. It didn't make sense for a really long time -- like, the game does such a good job of hiding all those players from us, that it's really easy for us to pretend they don't exist.

The Line community are what we are -- we're the top 1% or so of all players. That doesn't mean we're worthless, but we are worth a whole lot less than we think.

I'm surprised we never moved on from LINE, like everything else did.
    Must be all the stickers we bought.

• ruma
    ruma Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

The original idea is good. There's two problem for me :

• The duration is way too long (4 weeks), one or two could be good
    • Due to the choices in the vote, I know next time I won't pull with CP. Having 5 at 13 covers, 2 at 12, 2 at 11 and 1 at 10 covers. What could be cool useful is to have a second 20 CP draw (I'm not asking for reduction) where there's no boost.

Whichever of my previous proposition would be use, I wouldn't have grief with the new system. I usually only hoard LT for three months and use CP and classic. With the current system, the CP hoarding slow down my progression (26 5* champed now).

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

I read through some of the arguments and decided to pull a batch of classics. If you have a 4* farm set up, the rewards given back really help against the cp costs

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

The bonus shards gave me an extra 4* and 5* cover from around 15 pulls. Not bad, but obviously the tiers are so large you would be lucky to get a specific character