Classic Legends Pack Overhaul Survey

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 133 Tile Toppler

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the recent addition of boosted characters to the current Classic Legends pack but that wasn't the only thing we're planning on changing up!

Moving forward, MPQ players can help us decide which 4* and 5* characters get boosted odds in the upcoming Classic Legends pack. We're hoping that this change will help players acquire their favorite characters once they leave the Latest Legends pack and become increasingly difficult to acquire.

Through a seasonal survey featuring a roster of candidates that will make great additions to players of all experience levels, the choice will be up to the community for who gets the spotlight in the upcoming pack.

The survey will start on the 7th day of the season and end on the 21st day of the season.

VOTE NOW
Classic Legends September Survey

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can tell you right now what players need: the 5* counters to the current Chasm + IHulk meta.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options

Can you please change the Google form setting so it doesn't require a sign in, and just lets us enter an email? There's a number of reasons why one might not want to be actually signed into Google, thanks.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bbigler said:
    I can tell you right now what players need: the 5* counters to the current Chasm + IHulk meta.

Hopefully someday they'll create those counters, then add them to this list.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm shocked Doctor Strange isn't an option

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Will customer service be doing cover swaps for players who have all three of the featured 5* at 550?

If not, why not?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Is the survey only here at the forums or also in-game?
    The results will be VERY different depending on that answer.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    I'm shocked Doctor Strange isn't an option

I hope they put him with other actual good characters so he loses the status of FF. Like with MT and Kang.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,745 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As I am looking to champ old and very non-meta 5* I doubt my picks are gonna get me very far.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options

Let the record reflect that I am not a fan of this, none of it.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 66 Match Maker
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Rhipf said:
    Personally I think I would rather have the featured characters run through a rotation of some kind rather than rely on the whims of the community to hopefully come around to the character I would like to add covers to.

Agreed.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options

@DashBC said:
    Can you please change the Google form setting so it doesn't require a sign in, and just lets us enter an email? There's a number of reasons why one might not want to be actually signed into Google, thanks.

Yeah. The monthly Q&A only requires an email and ign. Requiring a Google sign in seems excessive.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it’s a great idea but I still wouldn’t wade through that many classic 5* to get the ones I wanted. Let’s say I need 4 covers of each of the boosted odds classics. How many pulls are we looking at to get that while picking up pulls on ones I don’t want anyway.

A vote for a classic standalone vault each season might have been better.

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

None of the 5* were the outstanding classics I would be chasing, and the 4*s didn’t feed them. Maybe next month. A what’s new for august would be good so I can see if any would be featured in pve

• DAZ0273
    Options

A Classic standalone vault would be better as an option. I wouldn't mind if it had 1 cover of each 3 chosen or shards.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Just change it every week

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    As I am looking to champ old and very non-meta 5* I doubt my picks are gonna get me very far.

Same.

I'd favour a weekly rotation in release order myself.

I don't really understand what would make the results of a survey different from one time to the next of you are actually getting responses from the wider player base - it will be Okoye, Chasm, iHulk or whatever other meta combination.

550 players have an incentive to vote Wasp to slow the progress of the chasing pack, I suppose.

• DAZ0273
    Options

There were no top meta options this time for the 5* but some decent ones, just not who I am looking at right now. I chose PPSM, Hawkeye, FA Cap as most useful to me.

There was also Jessica Jones, Prof X, Star-Lord, Thor, Black Panther, Green Goblin and maybe more I can't remember.

I guess Hawkeye, Thor and a toss up between Prof and Jessica are most likely outcomes (unless I forgot somebody which is entirely possible)

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Oh, okay, I didn't look at the actual poll. (Or read the original post properly)

Not sure I see any real point in picking from a shortlist - they might as well finish the job for us.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 385 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I don’t know how difficult this would be to put into affect, but i think it’d be just swell if it gave us the option ourselves to select which 3 we wanted each month, that way it would be up to each individual to select whatever 3 they choose to have increased odds for that season.

You could even make it so that once you select a character for that season it locks you out from selecting them again for a season, or more depending on how much you want to relegate it, to ensure that some one isn’t just selecting the same character over and over and over again.

Again, not sure how difficult that would be to code on the devs end, but in an ideal world, that would be an even better way to change how classics work.