Classic Legends Pack Overhaul Survey

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    I don’t know how difficult this would be to put into affect, but i think it’d be just swell if it gave us the option ourselves to select which 3 we wanted each month, that way it would be up to each individual to select whatever 3 they choose to have increased odds for that season.

You could even make it so that once you select a character for that season it locks you out from selecting them again for a season, or more depending on how much you want to relegate it, to ensure that some one isn’t just selecting the same character over and over and over again.

Again, not sure how difficult that would be to code on the devs end, but in an ideal world, that would be an even better way to change how classics work.

For the little guys like us (sorry, like me, I respect your Bigness) I think this would be fine but at the top end of the game I think this might cause some issues/strife/resentment/war, especially for any who has spent their way to 550's. At least if the Devs control it then it might be more random and less upsetty (I am sure that must be a word...)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 962 Critical Contributor
    Options

My last 2 unchamped classics are Hela and Rescue, I guess this means they won't be in next seasons Classic Tokens.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    My last 2 unchamped classics are Hela and Rescue, I guess this means they won't be in next seasons Classic Tokens.

I don't remember seeing them but then I did once lose a tortoise for 6 weeks, so I wouldn't bet on my memory 100%.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,001 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

Hela and Rescue will absolutely be in next season's classic tokens.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

Ha, ha - I see what you did there.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

What? I wasn't doing a thing, really! It's "increased odds" -- they're not removing everyone but the three feature characters. I've been pulling plenty of the non features since they made the change.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    I'm not sure why we need an entire month with the same characters. I'd rather just see classics rotate increased odds on a weekly basis. This would increase the cycle time of characters. As it stands with the current implementation, you'd only get through 36 of the 85 (and counting) 5-stars annually. It would take three years to get through every 5-star.

If you want to monetize this, add an option to "reset" (for some amount of HP) that would "spin the wheel" and change the three random 5-stars with increased odds for the duration of the month.

This would be my preference. Roughly 12 x 3 = only 36 a year, which is still slow going. If 3 x 52 is too many then at least maybe one featured boost per week.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

What? I wasn't doing a thing, really! It's "increased odds" -- they're not removing everyone but the three feature characters. I've been pulling plenty of the non features since they made the change.

True but they are now making it that if you DO pull a 5* there is a chance each season that it is 14 x more likely not to be who you want potentially than whatever the tiny amount of chance there was before unless you can persuade the Community to vote for your choice each month.

And you DO pull a lot of classics...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@bigjojo04 said:
    I don’t know how difficult this would be to put into affect, but i think it’d be just swell if it gave us the option ourselves to select which 3 we wanted each month, that way it would be up to each individual to select whatever 3 they choose to have increased odds for that season.

You could even make it so that once you select a character for that season it locks you out from selecting them again for a season, or more depending on how much you want to relegate it, to ensure that some one isn’t just selecting the same character over and over and over again.

Again, not sure how difficult that would be to code on the devs end, but in an ideal world, that would be an even better way to change how classics work.

For the little guys like us (sorry, like me, I respect your Bigness) I think this would be fine but at the top end of the game I think this might cause some issues/strife/resentment/war, especially for any who has spent their way to 550's. At least if the Devs control it then it might be more random and less upsetty (I am sure that must be a word...)

My proposal would be that you could select just 1 character of choice as your feature provided you had less than 13 covers for that character. Once you have 13+ covers, you can no longer select that character as your feature.

This would allow players to concentrate on champing older characters (like you I am trying to finish off some and I need about 10 or so) but would not allow anyone to try and get someone to 550.

KGB

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@bigjojo04 said:

My proposal would be that you could select just 1 character of choice as your feature provided you had less than 13 covers for that character. Once you have 13+ covers, you can no longer select that character as your feature.

This would allow players to concentrate on champing older characters (like you I am trying to finish off some and I need about 10 or so) but would not allow anyone to try and get someone to 550.

KGB

Yes I agree, I proposed something like this in a different thread. Find a way to prevent spamming/abuse, but make it much easier for us to chase characters until at champ-able level

• DAZ0273
    Options

All fine with me.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

True but they are now making it that if you DO pull a 5* there is a chance each season that it is 14 x more likely not to be who you want potentially than whatever the tiny amount of chance there was before unless you can persuade the Community to vote for your choice each month.

Sure, but if you accidentally pull the "wrong" 5*, how is that the end of the world? They all give out champion rewards, which gives you another shot at pulling the one you want. You get shards toward the guy you want with every pull, too.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

Sure, but if you accidentally pull the "wrong" 5*, how is that the end of the world? They all give out champion rewards, which gives you another shot at pulling the one you want. You get shards toward the guy you want with every pull, too.

It's not the end of the world but I am not quite in the situation yet where I have so much in terms of piles of CP that I can afford not to spend it wisely. My objective is to try and finish characters, not increase their levels but obviously if that happens then no probs.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

It's not the end of the world but I am not quite in the situation yet where I have so much in terms of piles of CP that I can afford not to spend it wisely. My objective is to try and finish characters, not increase their levels but obviously if that happens then no probs.

What? Of course you can! It's not a retirement account, it's a goofy superhero toilet game! You won't end up homeless if you spend your CP in a slightly inefficient way. Embrace RNG.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@MoosePrime said:

What? Of course you can! It's not a retirement account, it's a goofy superhero toilet game! You won't end up homeless if you spend your CP in a slightly inefficient way. Embrace RNG.

Unlike the other person who isn't me that you are talking to, I also don't have mounds and mounds of LT's either (I have I think maybe 8 in the bank right now). So CP is a fallback for latest 3. The Dinosaur is not doing so well with covers right now so I expect I may need CP for him once High Evo goes. I'm not in a Top Alliance, nor do I get Top 10 finishes so my main LT is reward streams from 3 & 4's and DDQ every Monday.

Anyway, I don't really need to explain all this to you or justify how I spend my CP, Lol!

The Classics are just a side quest. I'm doing pretty OK with them, don't get me wrong but I am not the super hoard guy you might think I am.

• entrailbucket
    Options

The thing they absolutely shouldn't do is just turn classics into latest, where they only contain 3 5*. Maybe they can just run the special stores more frequently or something.

Let players who embrace RNG continue embracing RNG, and reaping the massive benefits afforded by that strategy.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    Options

Really does feel like this "solution" helps such a small subset of people as to basically be worthless. Not only do you only need to be chasing these specific 3, you need CP pool to do so, and still luck out to get those with the boosted odds.

Weekly switching helps a bit more, but would need a defined list of when a specific 5* is coming to actually be useful. This survey seems to be a way to pay lip service to the fact this is overall an underwhelming "massive update."

A mildly better solution would be a properly limited classic pool, maybe 1/3 of the characters only, rotating each season.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

Boosted Classics Store

Changes every week.
    The ONLY 5s in the store are the 5s also in that week's PVE/PVP boost list.
    4s on the weekly boost list have increased odds, but are not exclusive.
    30CP per pull.