Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Or you could realize that this vocal bubble of users that interact on the forums and line are just a very loud minority of players.

But no, it must be the devs, with sole access to user data, that are wrong.

First off, my comment was tongue-in-cheek. So, put the guns back in the holster, cowboy.

Second, I wasn't basing my comment on the people on these forums and I don't even use Line. I was basing it on my own observations while playing the game. When was the last time you even saw a Kitty, BRB, or Dr. Strange in PvP? Because I honestly can't remember seeing them in YEARS except for when Bill was boosted that one time. When was the last time any of those characters were part of a meta? Before iHulk?

Now, maybe casual players are all about those characters in PvE and that's where it's coming from. Except would you really expect a CASUAL player to have such old 5* characters champed? Wouldn't, by definition, a casual player likely not be playing the same game for 4, 5, 6 years? I figure a casual is more likely to be someone who joined up recently. And since it's all but impossible to champ the older 5* characters, I would expect THEIR 5* roster to be dominated by the more recent releases.

Or maybe... just maybe... the devs are scared to death that if they give us the REAL fan favorite characters, everyone and their brother is going to be running around with 550 Okoyes, iHulks, and Apocalypses, and now Chasms. And maybe, just maybe, they're smart enough to realize that would absolutely KILL this game. So, instead of giving us those bad boys and girls, they give us semi-popular characters who really don't tip the scales one way or the other anymore. And maybe, just maybe, the powers that be don't always tell the truth. I know, that must be shocking to you.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Your reply, summarized:

1) "I'm tongue-in-cheek. Put the gun back in the holster. That's not even my real opinion."

2) "JK that was exactly my opinion and I'm doubling down on it in a scathing multi-paragraph comment that is in no way 'gun-out-of-holster'. My own user experience must be true for the majority of users, so the devs are therefore conspiring against us."

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    (if you didn't experience lame raps to try to reach kids in the 90's, the following is just plain bad. If you know what I'm talking about, it's still terrible but it makes more sense)

If you want to fire a team up
    Use whatever you can dream up

For the bonus to go unmissed
    You need to fire from the list

It doesn't matter who's on your team
    Match colorless to live the dream

Ms Marvel the MVP
    Dropping TUs for all to see

We're probably not gonna make it to the end
    But give it shot you've got TUs to send

... And the outro is an overly long composition by a 9 year old with an electric keyboard accompanied by old videos of untalented kids doing cartwheels on cardboard and calling it break dancing.

This is now my favorite song.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Your reply, summarized:

1) "I'm tongue-in-cheek. Put the gun back in the holster. That's not even my real opinion."

2) "JK that was exactly my opinion and I'm doubling down on it in a scathing multi-paragraph comment that is in no way 'gun-out-of-holster'. My own user experience must be true for the majority of users, so the devs are therefore conspiring against us."

1. You can make a joke and there be a kernel of truth to it. Ever hear the phrase "it's funny because it's true"? I'm not attacking anybody is the point.

2. "My own experience applies to everyone " isn't an argument that refutes what I said in 2, no matter how much you want it to.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Many times has been proved that the game is in majority played by 4* players.
    Then the favorite characters are those who serve better a 4* player being 5* competitive players in minority.
    A powerful okoye helps more if she is champed and pretty leveled, a 4* player won't allow that. For that reason fan favorites will always be SC, BRB and ghostpool because of his gifts.
    And of course devs always will be happy to help the majority.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Didn’t Hood used to not be a hard turn end on his yellow, and potentially gather the AP?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,325 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Didn’t Hood used to not be a hard turn end on his yellow, and potentially gather the AP?

Yes. They took it away when 4 Thor was introduced on the basis (I believe) that she would throw out charged tiles, and then he would gather 18 base AP (and then with a bunch of it x 3 with the charged tiles) and it was considered too overpowered

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wish one or the other of those things would get rolled back on it; i don't think that power is doing enough to deserve a hard-stop on the turn without the AP gain. That's the only yellow on-use board destruction power to work with Danver5' passive.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I wish one or the other of those things would get rolled back on it; i don't think that power is doing enough to deserve a hard-stop on the turn without the AP gain. That's the only yellow on-use board destruction power to work with Danver5' passive.

Eh. I mean...yes, but also Hood is just generally awful now because nobody cares about AP and he has like 10 total HP. Plus he shows up in PvE a ton, so making him not be garbage would be pretty controversial.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,325 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Eh. I mean...yes, but also Hood is just generally awful now because nobody cares about AP and he has like 10 total HP. Plus he shows up in PvE a ton, so making him not be garbage would be pretty controversial.

Even after The Hood's nerf back in the day with the end the turn thing, still considered one of the best. Just behind Daken and Black Panther :)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/21083/character-rankings-12-14-edition-the-results/p1

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Even after The Hood's nerf back in the day with the end the turn thing, still considered one of the best. Just behind Daken and Black Panther :)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/21083/character-rankings-12-14-edition-the-results/p1

Oh he was! Back then he was a total nightmare! Match-damaging/passiving an opponent to death wasn't a thing until 5* existed. You absolutely had to collect AP and cast stuff to win, and Hood made it tough to do that. Look at the other top characters on that list and how they'd have had to win a fight.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

So, we're going on a week since this closed, maybe? Are we going to get the rewards any time soon?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, what were the end results, and when can we expect the rewards?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm at the stage now that I don't expect anything.
    Just play the game and if something pops up it's a bonus.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

JK, keep the free stuff coming.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

JK, keep the free stuff coming.

Chefs kiss 💋