Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 619 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

@CouchPanda said:
    not sure you can get Kang TU's from what others have said but tbh makes more sense going for the 3* fan faves anyway as the recharge time is much lower to get more sent

You should read the clarification about fan fav's. You don't want to SEND those fan fav TU's (esp since you can't send Kang and some others). You want to use a TU of any kind while a fan fav is on your team. That's what nets you the bonus.

KGB

Where is this clarification? Because clearly a lot of folks remain unclarified.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 619 Critical Contributor
    Options

Theory from an alliance mate, supported by looking at the mixpanel:
    Any team up works. Any ability fired by any fan favorite character also works.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 725 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Since Milestones went live years ago, I have personally fired 2,476 team ups. If we even hit 250k as a player base then my shock will recieve a 3X multiplier.

977 TUs fired so far for me. I play full completion in SCL10 and >900pts in PVP.

TUs are a last ditch power usage when something has gone wrong in PVP!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@Bowgentle said:

@CouchPanda said:
    not sure you can get Kang TU's from what others have said but tbh makes more sense going for the 3* fan faves anyway as the recharge time is much lower to get more sent

You can't.
    And the lowest return times are Polaris and 4* Elektra, at 12 hours each.
    Lower * level on a character does not equal faster return time.

1 star teams are 4 hrs

Yeah, no.
    MBW 6 hours, Yelena 2 hours, Spidey, Storm 6, the rest 4 hours.
    It's a hot mess.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

After the last failed community challenge of just firing powers, for some reason they decided that firing TU would be better.
    Having the info in game, only I got a bar with graphics and nothing more, having to look at it for to guess it had something to do with TU.
    Now reading the forum I realize there are 2 weeks for doing it. Great.
    Totally pass for me on this adventure. Firing TU is just awful. Good luck to people trying it.
    We will win the third reward to the most, given this setup.

• Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

hard skip for me as well, can't make heads or tails of the event's rules, let alone swap from game to forum to check what works and what doesn't every now and then. Good luck to the bravest souls who will go for it.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That people still don’t get the criteria in all the places I’m looking shows what an absolute cluster kitty this is. I don’t think many are bothering. I’d love the power stone too.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

Looks like a return to the good old days “you’re supposed to lose!!!”

Into day 3 of 14 and I’m not sure we are even going to get to the first tier judging by the numbers

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

Actually we will maybe get to tier 2 but on the sending team ups I think we fall short, if pace picks up we might just get there by the last day

I’ll keep trying as best I can but hopes are not high for this one

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is so convoluted. I don’t understand, why keep dangling a stone behind an impossible task?

Also, I’ve heard at least 5 theories about how this is even supposed to work. Even if it were a thing that could be realistically accomplished nobody would know.

I appreciate the efforts to add extra content and rewards to the game, but please stop dropping a blindfolded Rubik’s cube qualifier.

I want to contribute, but honestly have no idea what to even do. If it’s really just firing team-ups then I don’t understand who came up with these goals, because they are ridiculous.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've used 1509 team ups since milestones started tracking that...

I assume I'll contribute about the same percentage for the challenge time frame, as I'll just play normally and see what happens.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wish everyone well who plays this event. My gameplay rarely uses Team Ups and the rewards for this aren't going to encourage me to play in a different manner.

As others have said, appreciate the effort of a new event but the execution of it is lacking.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options

Broken Circle Games, what you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This is a quote used for comic effect.
    It's amazing I feel I have to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I assume that they know how many of...whatever it is that they're counting...happen normally, and I also assume that they've set the thresholds so that number will hit the second-to-highest goal (like every other one of these they've done), so -- who cares? This is just free stuff.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Broken Circle Games, what you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This is a quote used for comic effect.
    It's amazing I feel I have to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.

Great Billy Madison reference. chefs kiss

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think the only way we were meant to get there is to get the bonus multiplier up and fire a lot of fan favorite TU's.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I assume that they know how many of...whatever it is that they're counting...happen normally, and I also assume that they've set the thresholds so that number will hit the second-to-highest goal (like every other one of these they've done), so -- who cares? This is just free stuff.

You're kinda assuming a lot, with those non-existing Kang team ups and stuff.
    But yeah. I'm working on that milestone anyway, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If, for whatever reason, the community doesn't do enough of... whatever it is we're supposed to be doing...I bet they'll graciously agree to give us some higher tier of rewards than we "earned" anyway.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I'm not too fussed.
    Just wished they were a bit clearer in their communication.
    Now that they're back to talking to us.